2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
7%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
27%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
44%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
22%

Total votes: 41

Minnietron

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Minnietron » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:58 pm

radio1nowhere wrote:
Leonardo DiCaprio wrote:fuck. finally i won. about time.

I just felt a great disturbance on the net, as if millions of memes cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:20 am

Gray wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Oh, I thought this was the strategy for interviews. Thanks for clearing that up!

My interview strategy is generally "say the right things" - this is gold. it has worked for me really well so far.

I've struggled with this system, but have succeeded using a hybrid system of "don't say anything racist" and "be impressive" in an f-bomb free environment.

Also never, I repeat, NEVER wear an argyle sweater.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:46 am

unsweetened wrote:
Gray wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Oh, I thought this was the strategy for interviews. Thanks for clearing that up!

My interview strategy is generally "say the right things" - this is gold. it has worked for me really well so far.

I've struggled with this system, but have succeeded using a hybrid system of "don't say anything racist" and "be impressive" in an f-bomb free environment.

I might be missing something, but why are we making this more complicated than it needs to be. Isn't "get the job" the simplest approach to take?

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Just a friendly reminder to everyone on a normal school calendar that we are past the half-way point in the semester. Brace yourselves. Exams are coming.

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Just a friendly reminder to everyone on a normal school calendar that we are past the half-way point in the semester. Brace yourselves. Exams are coming.

Hush

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:28 pm

#awwyiss. I'm being passed up the chain for project specific interviews. I will have three options to get a fit for. Caribbean, middle east, or far east.

On spring break right now.

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Hand wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Just a friendly reminder to everyone on a normal school calendar that we are past the half-way point in the semester. Brace yourselves. Exams are coming.

Hush

we're not at halfway yet and spring break is next week #examsrnever

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:43 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:

Hush

we're not at halfway yet and spring break is next week #examsrnever

If we included our J-term, we'd be halfway. Weird for me to have spring break this early. During undergrad it was always the first full week in April. We came back and two weeks later the term ended.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:42 pm

unsweetened wrote:
Gray wrote:

Pretending to be attractive and tall hasn't worked so well for me so far. Would it be worth it to invest in acting lessons?

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
Gray wrote:

Pretending to be attractive and tall hasn't worked so well for me so far. Would it be worth it to invest in acting lessons?

just get drunk beforehand so your interviewers seem more interesting

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Minnietron wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
Gray wrote:

I might be missing something, but why are we making this more complicated than it needs to be. Isn't "get the job" the simplest approach to take?

You're correct, but I wanted to make sure that I'm going down all necessary forks. I heard about an excellent employment strategy called "get multiple paid offers" but it's not on reserve at the library at this time.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:50 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Pretending to be attractive and tall hasn't worked so well for me so far. Would it be worth it to invest in acting lessons?

Dude this schtick is seriously old. PW or come up with something else. It's just annoying now.

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:26 pm

complains that grade is entirely 1 test and about lack of feedback

gets midterm, takes midterm

pissed that he had to take a midterm

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Big Red wrote:complains that grade is entirely 1 test and about lack of feedback

gets midterm, takes midterm

pissed that he had to take a midterm

This is my life. I'm so pressed about having to do graded work throughout the term, because the whole "literally not knowing anything and then learning it all while outlining during reading week" thing actually worked really well for me.

Calbears123

Postby Calbears123 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm so f'n lost in property any advice?

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Calbears123 wrote:I'm so f'n lost in property any advice?

Spend a day with some supplements and make a chart of estates and future interests. I can PM you mine if you want something to work off, but I found making my own charts to be basically the only thing that helped me see how different ideas related to each other in Property. Also at least for my class, the cases meant nothing and I got way more out of reading the supplements and making concept maps/charts/flow charts etc. Also realize that Property is incomprehensible and stupid, so everyone else is just as lost.

Calbears123

Postby Calbears123 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:27 pm

leslieknope wrote:

Spend a day with some supplements and make a chart of estates and future interests. I can PM you mine if you want something to work off, but I found making my own charts to be basically the only thing that helped me see how different ideas related to each other in Property. Also at least for my class, the cases meant nothing and I got way more out of reading the supplements and making concept maps/charts/flow charts etc. Also realize that Property is incomprehensible and stupid, so everyone else is just as lost.

My prof is an environmental law guy who is always referring questions to the real property prof...its such a joke. Anyway I picked up the E&E from a friend and plan on going over it during spring break.

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:52 pm

Calbears123 wrote:
leslieknope wrote:

My prof is an environmental law guy who is always referring questions to the real property prof...its such a joke. Anyway I picked up the E&E from a friend and plan on going over it during spring break.

Our Property prof is a non-JD PhD who is a history of property guy. He's damn near incomprehensible when explaining future interests.

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:21 am

If he's a history guy get the Moynihan History of Real Property supplement

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:51 am

Just say the word "enfeoffment" a lot, y'all. It's at least funny enough to make it kind of better.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:17 pm

I found my first casebook typo! Constitutional Law 18th Edition by Sullivan and Feldman, p. 403: "Holmes's hostility to dogma endured throughout his entire career, the evidence of which can be found in his most important onions on issues ranging from economic regulation..."

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:31 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:I found my first casebook typo! Constitutional Law 18th Edition by Sullivan and Feldman, p. 403: "Holmes's hostility to dogma endured throughout his entire career, the evidence of which can be found in his most important onions on issues ranging from economic regulation..."

Tryhard :P

I usually skip the notes

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:37 pm

This professor only assigns like 6 pages sometimes so you have to read the notes, or specifically assigns like 2 pages.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Oh man, we get like 30 pages/night/prof

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:52 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:I found my first casebook typo! Constitutional Law 18th Edition by Sullivan and Feldman, p. 403: "Holmes's hostility to dogma endured throughout his entire career, the evidence of which can be found in his most important onions on issues ranging from economic regulation..."

I'm taking first amendment from Feldman this semester and almost every class he discovers something he forgot to put in or should have taken out or edited differently lol

The first amendment textbook is only 5th edition tho

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”