2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4
4%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
28
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
21
24%
 
Total votes: 89

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too

The ones without ash?

Should I go to school with a pentagram drawn in the blood of a virgin on my forehead on 6/6/16?

I'd join you but if you're in school on 6/6/16 you've made some bad life choices

True, I hope to be providing some unpaid labor somewhere at that point

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Minnietron » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too

The ones without ash?

Should I go to school with a pentagram drawn in the blood of a virgin on my forehead on 6/6/16?

I'd join you but if you're in school on 6/6/16 you've made some bad life choices

True, I hope to be providing some unpaid labor somewhere at that point

Won't you be paid between $7.75/hr and $12.91/hr? Also, doesn't the 1 dilute the power of your symbolism? Commitment to your craft would be doing it at school on 6/6/6666 - which posit some great life choices!

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too

The ones without ash?

Should I go to school with a pentagram drawn in the blood of a virgin on my forehead on 6/6/16?

I'd join you but if you're in school on 6/6/16 you've made some bad life choices

True, I hope to be providing some unpaid labor somewhere at that point

Won't you be paid between $7.75/hr and $12.91/hr? Also, doesn't the 1 dilute the power of your symbolism? Commitment to your craft would be doing it at school on 6/6/6666 - which posit some great life choices!

While I hope to live forever, by having my brain uploaded, I'm not banking on this glorious post human future becoming reality before it is too late for me, so delaying til the year 6666 may well mean it ain't happening

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Minnietron » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Hand wrote:While I hope to live forever, by having my brain uploaded, I'm not banking on this glorious post human future becoming reality before it is too late for me, so delaying til the year 6666 may well mean it ain't happening


+1, or Vampire.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:While I hope to live forever, by having my brain uploaded, I'm not banking on this glorious post human future becoming reality before it is too late for me, so delaying til the year 6666 may well mean it ain't happening


+1, or Vampire.

Vampire would be cool. Zombie, less so.

User avatar
radio1nowhere
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby radio1nowhere » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too


Lol is it because religious people are idiots

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Gray » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 pm

radio1nowhere wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too


Lol is it because religious people are idiots

No.....

..... just.....

........ not taking this one.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:07 pm

radio1nowhere wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too

Lol is it because religious people are idiots

They sure looked like a bunch of fucking clowns to me today, but perhaps it's just because I'm not familiar with this bullshit

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Hand wrote:
radio1nowhere wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too

Lol is it because religious people are idiots

They sure looked like a bunch of fucking clowns to me today, but perhaps it's just because I'm not familiar with this bullshit

It's basically a day of reflection on the fact that human life is temporary and we are fallible.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:36 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Hand wrote:
radio1nowhere wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:It turns out that ash wednesday is a great opportunity to identify the loons in your class

lolol was thinking this too

Lol is it because religious people are idiots

They sure looked like a bunch of fucking clowns to me today, but perhaps it's just because I'm not familiar with this bullshit

It's basically a day of reflection on the fact that human life is temporary and we are fallible.

Well, those are propositions we can agree on. The things you learn, by attending a catholic institution, and bitching about it on messageboards!

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby landshoes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:44 pm

people at my school did it so it's not just a catholic school thing

I think it's cool that they're willing to put themselves out there and be open about their beliefs. It's one of the nicer traditions in Christianity. (Protestants do it too sometimes)

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:46 pm

It's mostly Catholics, Episcopalians, Lutherans, and some Methodists

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby landshoes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:21 pm

I mean it's no Purim but we can't all be intensely hungover for G-d

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Ash Wednesday is for CEO Catholics real OG worshippers know taking the discipline is the only real way to express your faith through your body

User avatar
LetsGoMets
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby LetsGoMets » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:46 am

This is all I can ever think of on Ash Wednesday

Image

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby leslieknope » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:51 am

^.... I definitely wasn't this person last year. Nope.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Minnietron » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:55 am

Hand wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:It's basically a day of reflection on the fact that human life is temporary and we are fallible.

Well, those are propositions we can agree on. The things you learn, by attending a catholic institution, and bitching about it on messageboards!

Only until the downloading begins...

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:24 am

Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:It's basically a day of reflection on the fact that human life is temporary and we are fallible.

Well, those are propositions we can agree on. The things you learn, by attending a catholic institution, and bitching about it on messageboards!

Only until the downloading begins...

Whole brain emulation, though, will mark the end of human life, and the beginning of a glorious post-human existence.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby xylocarp » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 am

I went to Catholic school for 9 years, and Ash Wednesday was a good way to figure out the weirdos who weren't actually Catholic but still went to a mediocre Catholic school while living in one of the best public school districts in the country

jepper
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby jepper » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:31 am

I'm still confused. Is this a real Catholic thing or a fake Catholic thing?

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 am

jepper wrote:I'm still confused. Is this a real Catholic thing or a fake Catholic thing?

It's very real and not just catholic

jepper
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby jepper » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:44 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
jepper wrote:I'm still confused. Is this a real Catholic thing or a fake Catholic thing?

It's very real and not just catholic


No I get that it's real and I know what it's about. I was just told by someone who is Catholic yesterday that only fake Catholics do it. Then I see Xylos post, and I'm wondering who were the weirdos that distinguished themselves on Ash wednesdays? The markers or the non-markers.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:55 am

jepper wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
jepper wrote:I'm still confused. Is this a real Catholic thing or a fake Catholic thing?

It's very real and not just catholic


No I get that it's real and I know what it's about. I was just told by someone who is Catholic yesterday that only fake Catholics do it. Then I see Xylos post, and I'm wondering who were the weirdos that distinguished themselves on Ash wednesdays? The markers or the non-markers.

That person is wrong

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Minnietron » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Hand wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:It's basically a day of reflection on the fact that human life is temporary and we are fallible.

Well, those are propositions we can agree on. The things you learn, by attending a catholic institution, and bitching about it on messageboards!

Only until the downloading begins...

Whole brain emulation, though, will mark the end of human life, and the beginning of a glorious post-human existence.

Is it our physical bodies that make us human... :lol:

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:03 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
jepper wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:It's very real and not just catholic


No I get that it's real and I know what it's about. I was just told by someone who is Catholic yesterday that only fake Catholics do it. Then I see Xylos post, and I'm wondering who were the weirdos that distinguished themselves on Ash wednesdays? The markers or the non-markers.

That person is wrong


Ash Wednesday is for CEO Catholics real OG worshippers know taking the discipline is the only real way to express your faith through your body

Damnit why isn't this quote working

Edit a million: figured it out




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest