2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
7%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
27%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
44%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
22%

Total votes: 41

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Actually had "tell me about your most and least favorite parts about law school" in an interview. When I had to talk about the least favorite I sat and thought for 10-15 secs and said nothing jumps out at me. It was chill. It's not like I was gonna say "Mother. Fucking. Gunners." in a jerb interview.

LoganCouture

Postby LoganCouture » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:29 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:New poll should be hostile and competitive

Maybe something like "how prestigious is the summer job you already have lined up?"

One option could be "i don't have a summer job yet because i'm a failure as a person"

This, clearly. We should also change the thread title to one of xael's suggestions. The rating of your summer jobs level of prestige should be related to your lsat score, so hikko can be happy too

combining these ideas my poll answer would be

job = 0, LSAT > 75th bc i'm a failure as a person and a slytherin

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:33 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
Kinky John wrote:you guys are lucky I feel like our gunners are doubling down this semester

KJ you're at 998, are you going to do something special for your 1000th post

I'll probably just continue shitting up this thread

Hand

Postby Hand » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:36 pm

Kinky John wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
Kinky John wrote:you guys are lucky I feel like our gunners are doubling down this semester

KJ you're at 998, are you going to do something special for your 1000th post

I'll probably just continue shitting up this thread

What else is there to do really

czpczp

Postby czpczp » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:42 pm

How about a 1L jerb poll- Where are you looking to work for 1L Summer? New York, SF, Chicago, DC, Secondary Market, Same Town as LS, Hell, Your Mom's House.

DCfilterDC

Postby DCfilterDC » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:44 pm

czpczp wrote:How about a 1L jerb poll- Where are you looking to work for 1L Summer? New York, SF, Chicago, DC, Secondary Market, Same Town as LS, Hell, Your Mom's House.

Great. This way we can know which TLS'ers are together for the summer :D

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:07 am

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:59 am

Wahrheit wrote:
czpczp wrote:How about a 1L jerb poll- Where are you looking to work for 1L Summer? New York, SF, Chicago, DC, Secondary Market, Same Town as LS, Hell, Your Mom's House.

It'll need to be multiple choice so Hand can vote for the last option and whatever else

I need four options just from this list (assuming everyone's mom lives in the same town as LS aka a sweaty, swampy Hell aka DC)

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 am

Hikikomorist wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Need a new powl

Suggestion:

Outperformed LSAT prediction.
Performed at LSAT prediction.
Underperformed LSAT prediction.

That was kind of what I originally had in mind. I think a good number of people were above median but well below what their LSAT might have predicted.

Agree that ship has sailed, but what would this even look like? I feel like people vaguely know where median is, but a lot of schools don't give any percentile information on grades. I don't really know which one of these options I would choose - like I could guess, but idk

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:02 pm

I would prefer a powl along the lines best national fast food burger since I'm thinking about lunch, not school. Really don't want to think about grades anymore, that is SO last semester.

Edit: or national pizza chain? I'm hungry if you couldn't tell.

xael

Postby xael » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:New poll should be hostile and competitive

Maybe something like "how prestigious is the summer job you already have lined up?"

One option could be "i don't have a summer job yet because i'm a failure as a person"

This, clearly. We should also change the thread title to one of xael's suggestions. The rating of your summer jobs level of prestige should be related to your lsat score, so hikko can be happy too

The thread title is one of my suggestions!!!

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:28 pm

What is up with people going anonymous and telling everybody about how they have 1L SAs, but don't share any helpful details. What even is the point of that anyway. Anonbragging should be a bannable offense.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:02 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:What is up with people going anonymous and telling everybody about how they have 1L SAs, but don't share any helpful details. What even is the point of that anyway. Anonbragging should be a bannable offense.

I'm in favor of this.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:06 pm

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Got back from meeting with my Torts Prof. reviewing my fall final exam. Kind of want to bang my head against a wall for a few hours. Anyone else have that kind of experience?

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm

unsweetened wrote:Got back from meeting with my Torts Prof. reviewing my fall final exam. Kind of want to bang my head against a wall for a few hours. Anyone else have that kind of experience?

I didn't do any meetings, but I went back and looked at my exams and I'm not sure I accomplished all that much besides making myself upset. I definitely am too verbose and need to be more specific, spell out smaller issues, and be less conclusory.

actually, nvm it was helpful :lol:

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Big Red wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Got back from meeting with my Torts Prof. reviewing my fall final exam. Kind of want to bang my head against a wall for a few hours. Anyone else have that kind of experience?

I didn't do any meetings, but I went back and looked at my exams and I'm not sure I accomplished all that much besides making myself upset. I definitely am too verbose and need to be more specific, spell out smaller issues, and be less conclusory.

Is that last sentence forreal? If so, what did you find to be helpful? I'm kinda torn about whether the potential benefit of identifying the many areas in which I can improve is worth shattering my last vestiges of confidence..

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Now that I think about it, probably. There are some things I'll probably think about when I get ready for the next round

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:28 pm

radio1nowhere wrote:
Big Red wrote:

Is that last sentence forreal? If so, what did you find to be helpful? I'm kinda torn about whether the potential benefit of identifying the many areas in which I can improve is worth shattering my last vestiges of confidence..

Don't let your confidence be shaken friend! It's absolutely possible to flip from first to second semester. It's a trainable skill -- you can do it!

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:29 pm

radio1nowhere wrote: I'm kinda torn about whether the potential benefit of identifying the many areas in which I can improve is worth shattering my last vestiges of confidence..

You gotta be broken down completely if you want to be rebuilt perfectly! That is why I berate strangers on the street. If it affects them, then they haven't hit bottom yet.

miss_scalia

Postby miss_scalia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:22 pm

Do people in law school lie about their grades?

It seems like ALL of my friends have somehow a mysteriously high GPA (think above a 3.7). However, when speaking with my professor he said he was only allowed to give four-five As in the class, so how is it likely that everyone I know did so great?

Have any of you experienced law school grade self-inflation? Makes me feel a little about my 3.6 since I literally studied non-stop (aka no social life) and a lot of these people go out 4 days a week.

Also - pls don't quote***

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:33 pm

I don't know what you're talking about, everyone I've spoken to did much worse than me (4.66 GPA at one of HYSCCCNNPDVBM)

miss_scalia

Postby miss_scalia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Kinky John wrote:I don't know what you're talking about, everyone I've spoken to did much worse than me (4.66 GPA at one of HYSCCCNNPDVBM)

HAHA its a real problem. Idk if its for adequacy sake or for not feeling like being anything less than 10% is failure.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Kinky John wrote:I don't know what you're talking about, everyone I've spoken to did much worse than me (4.66 GPA at one of HYSCCCNNPDVBM)

You're doing it wrong, and so are MS's classmates. Gotta follow the Sun, Son.

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

"All warfare is based on deception. Therefore, when capable, feign incapacity; when active, inactivity. When near, make it appear that you are far away; when far away, that you are near. "

ETA: That's why I tell people I have a 1.8; I don't want to scare them with my 2.6 :lol:

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”