.

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
landshoes

Silver
Posts: 1277
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby landshoes » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:56 pm

people have, uh, gone the other way in my classes

I think because our profs are slightly less scary this quarter

User avatar
Kinky John

Silver
Posts: 1131
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Kinky John » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:59 pm

dabigchina wrote:
DCfilterDC wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:I find it hilarious how it's the second semester and people still think cold call performance is any measure of intelligence.


I enjoy the people who wouldn't shut up last semester, now shutting up.

this definitely happened.


you guys are lucky I feel like our gunners are doubling down this semester
Last edited by Kinky John on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreenEggs

Gold
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby GreenEggs » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:01 pm

Really? I've felt like it was so much better this semester.
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RSN

Silver
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby RSN » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:10 pm

My section doesn't have any real gunners, and I'm so thankful. There were a few people who were a little ridiculous in the first few weeks last semester, but they calmed down quickly, and everyone is shockingly chill for the most part. Very rare for people to raise their hands to pick up someone else's cold call, or really ever.

User avatar
RSN

Silver
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby RSN » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:11 pm

leslieknope wrote:The guy who, based on his cold call performance, I had pegged as basically future SCOTUS, ended up at median. I still think he's smarter than I am x1000, but law school exams really don't measure anything but how good you are at taking law school exams.


Are people just openly talking about grades there? I've heard some hints and allusions, but generally everyone's keeping pretty quiet, which I think is a good thing.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7787
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:56 pm

LetsGoMets wrote:
leslieknope wrote:The guy who, based on his cold call performance, I had pegged as basically future SCOTUS, ended up at median. I still think he's smarter than I am x1000, but law school exams really don't measure anything but how good you are at taking law school exams.


Are people just openly talking about grades there? I've heard some hints and allusions, but generally everyone's keeping pretty quiet, which I think is a good thing.

Eh, I'd honestly prefer it if everyone were open about grades.

User avatar
RSN

Silver
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby RSN » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:05 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
LetsGoMets wrote:
leslieknope wrote:The guy who, based on his cold call performance, I had pegged as basically future SCOTUS, ended up at median. I still think he's smarter than I am x1000, but law school exams really don't measure anything but how good you are at taking law school exams.


Are people just openly talking about grades there? I've heard some hints and allusions, but generally everyone's keeping pretty quiet, which I think is a good thing.

Eh, I'd honestly prefer it if everyone were open about grades.


I mean, if people are talking about grades, to me that means they're either bragging or trying to find someone to commiserate with. In my mind that's going to make some people uncomfortable either way, so why bother?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:05 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Eh, I'd honestly prefer it if everyone were open about grades.


why does it matter to you what other people's grades are

User avatar
landshoes

Silver
Posts: 1277
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby landshoes » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:08 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Eh, I'd honestly prefer it if everyone were open about grades.


why does it matter to you what other people's grades are


why is this thread always so argue-y

User avatar
czpczp

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:54 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby czpczp » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

Kinky John wrote:
dabigchina wrote:
DCfilterDC wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:I find it hilarious how it's the second semester and people still think cold call performance is any measure of intelligence.


I enjoy the people who wouldn't shut up last semester, now shutting up.

this definitely happened.


you guys are lucky I feel like our gunners are doubling down this semester


they didn't come here to be regular, they came to be awesome man.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7787
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Eh, I'd honestly prefer it if everyone were open about grades.


why does it matter to you what other people's grades are

I generally just like knowing things. But in this case, assuming they are also sharing what offers they are receiving, I get some information about recruiting tendencies for this cycle. OCS can offer some information, but they won't tell you when someone got a 1L SA because they're just incredibly personable/knew people in the firm. They also won't have data that reflect how current market conditions are affecting this recruiting cycle.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:52 pm

landshoes wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Eh, I'd honestly prefer it if everyone were open about grades.


why does it matter to you what other people's grades are


why is this thread always so argue-y


what else would I do with my time if not perpetuating hostility

write this fact section??

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:58 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
landshoes wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Eh, I'd honestly prefer it if everyone were open about grades.


why does it matter to you what other people's grades are


why is this thread always so argue-y


what else would I do with my time if not perpetuating hostility

write this fact section??

definitely not write this fact section

anything but this fact section

User avatar
unsweetened

Silver
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby unsweetened » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:17 pm

Need a new powl

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7787
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 pm

unsweetened wrote:Need a new powl

Suggestion:

Outperformed LSAT prediction.
Performed at LSAT prediction.
Underperformed LSAT prediction.

That was kind of what I originally had in mind. I think a good number of people were above median but well below what their LSAT might have predicted.

User avatar
Big Red

Gold
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Big Red » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Need a new powl

Suggestion:

Outperformed LSAT prediction.
Performed at LSAT prediction.
Underperformed LSAT prediction.

That was kind of what I originally had in mind. I think a good number of people were above median but well below what their LSAT might have predicted.


why didn't you suggest this originally

eta: also no, that ship has sailed

User avatar
tuxedocat

Silver
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby tuxedocat » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:36 pm

Kinky John wrote:you guys are lucky I feel like our gunners are doubling down this semester


KJ you're at 998, are you going to do something special for your 1000th post

DJM

Bronze
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby DJM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:57 pm

unsweetened wrote:Need a new powl


least favorite or most boring 1L class

User avatar
rnoodles

Platinum
Posts: 8465
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby rnoodles » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:01 pm

DJM wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Need a new powl


least favorite or most boring 1L class


Sounds like an interview question, so... no. lol

LoganCouture

Gold
Posts: 1536
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby LoganCouture » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 pm

unsweetened wrote:Need a new powl


Something chill and sociable

what hogwarts house would you belong in

03282016

Gold
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenEggs

Gold
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby GreenEggs » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:16 pm

We all know Ravenclaw is by far the best house
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:17 pm

New poll should be hostile and competitive

Maybe something like "how prestigious is the summer job you already have lined up?"

One option could be "i don't have a summer job yet because i'm a failure as a person"

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:20 pm

.

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hand » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:22 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:New poll should be hostile and competitive

Maybe something like "how prestigious is the summer job you already have lined up?"

One option could be "i don't have a summer job yet because i'm a failure as a person"

This, clearly. We should also change the thread title to one of xael's suggestions. The rating of your summer jobs level of prestige should be related to your lsat score, so hikko can be happy too



Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest