2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
5%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
32%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 88

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Re: The 1Lephant in the Room: Are You Dropping Out

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:56 pm

zhenders wrote:
miss_scalia wrote:Had a 152 LSAT and around top 20% at my T1 law school. If I kill this semester and make top 10-15% would it matter that my LSAT was so low?

In almost all cases, LSAT no longer matters. There's a very, very small cross section of judges who ask for them, but they do so against the ABA and LSAC's express recommendation, because they're powerful and can. But again -- we're talking like 2 or 3 judges in the country or something.

tldr: nope.

Mind sharing which judges?

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
zhenders wrote:
miss_scalia wrote:Had a 152 LSAT and around top 20% at my T1 law school. If I kill this semester and make top 10-15% would it matter that my LSAT was so low?

In almost all cases, LSAT no longer matters. There's a very, very small cross section of judges who ask for them, but they do so against the ABA and LSAC's express recommendation, because they're powerful and can. But again -- we're talking like 2 or 3 judges in the country or something.

tldr: nope.

Mind sharing which judges?

Sorry friend; I don't know them. This question came up during a big Q&A with our placement staff; they didn't give specific details (they work with each applicant individually w/r/t externships/clerkships, so that more-specific info gets brought up then).

That said, they were pretty adamant that it's a VERY small number of judges -- and they have to request the score from you personally (no one will release it to them), so you'd know before applying regardless.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Yeah I know people who got callback interviews at big firms somehow from WUSTL without grades (in Dec), so unless V10 is flying you out to NYC on their private jet to spend a day wining and dining you during a "callback interview", there's nothing that's brag worthy.

I'm just hoping some of the especially cunty aspies at my school get their dings ASAP so I don't have to put up with their entitled, cocky attitude.

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:37 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Yeah I know people who got callback interviews at big firms somehow from WUSTL without grades (in Dec), so unless V10 is flying you out to NYC on their private jet to spend a day wining and dining you during a "callback interview", there's nothing that's brag worthy.

I'm just hoping some of the especially cunty aspies at my school get their dings ASAP so I don't have to put up with their entitled, cocky attitude.

dude how bad is wustl? you kinda paint a dreary picture - is it just that the people that are bad are really, really bad?

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:41 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:I'm just hoping some of the especially cunty aspies at my school get their dings ASAP so I don't have to put up with their entitled, cocky attitude.

chill bro

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:41 pm

I mean I can't compare to other schools since I haven't been there. I'd say... 80% are chill, sociable bros. 15% are obnoxious gunners but outside of class they're okay, and most of the time they mean well. Then there's the 5% (1-3 in every section) that make you want to murder puppies.

I really like my section, we only have 1 person I actively dislike, and just a handful that I avoid. But there are other sections (won't name names) that, in my opinion, are much more heavily stacked with the insufferables.

Maybe I just have a low tolerance for cockiness.
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCfilterDC

Postby DCfilterDC » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Man WUSTL gets crazy hate on this board.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Kinky John wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:I'm just hoping some of the especially cunty aspies at my school get their dings ASAP so I don't have to put up with their entitled, cocky attitude.

chill bro

When someone blatantly mocks your PI gunner friend (who happened to not get such high grades) for being PI because they "can't make it into a firm anyway", you get fired up.

hairbear7

Postby hairbear7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Another good reason not to discuss grades

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Kinky John wrote:

chill bro

Or:

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:56 pm

Big Red wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Yeah I know people who got callback interviews at big firms somehow from WUSTL without grades (in Dec), so unless V10 is flying you out to NYC on their private jet to spend a day wining and dining you during a "callback interview", there's nothing that's brag worthy.

dude how bad is wustl? you kinda paint a dreary picture - is it just that the people that are bad are really, really bad?

From what I've seen, the real gunnerific-gunner-mcgunnerson's are clustered in one section. My section is super chill, as was the group we were super'ed with last semester.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Minnietron wrote:Or:

:lol:

DCfilterDC

Postby DCfilterDC » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Anyone else having a hard time getting back into the swing of things? I am...

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:56 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

chill bro

When someone blatantly mocks your PI gunner friend (who happened to not get such high grades) for being PI because they "can't make it into a firm anyway", you get fired up.

:shock:

Wow. Nobody's been talking about grades here at all. Which is kinda weird in its own way because you can kinda tell anyway with some people. But damn. that's just really fucked.

DJM

Postby DJM » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:59 pm

DCfilterDC wrote:Anyone else having a hard time getting back into the swing of things? I am...

Yes.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:09 pm

landshoes wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

chill bro

Wow. Nobody's been talking about grades here at all. Which is kinda weird in its own way because you can kinda tell anyway with some people. But damn. that's just really fucked.

Yeah, DG got into our heads but good

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:12 pm

zhenders wrote:
landshoes wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

chill bro

Yeah, DG instilled us but good

that's because she's everywhere

I feel like we actually just got lucky because the people who I suspect did better, at least in my classes, are generally also chill people who don't want to make people feel bad.

xael

Postby xael » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 pm

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:18 pm

landshoes wrote:
zhenders wrote:
landshoes wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

chill bro

I feel like we actually just got lucky because the people who I suspect did better, at least in my classes, are generally also chill people who don't want to make people feel bad.

Agreed; so much of our class really seems to be genuinely "all for one"; it's pretty cool.

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:30 pm

zhenders wrote:
landshoes wrote:
zhenders wrote:
landshoes wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

chill bro

Agreed; so much of our class really seems to be genuinely "all for one"; it's pretty cool.

Yeah, it's really nice. That plus the small class makes it a genuinely comfortable atmosphere. I kinda wanted to give our whole class a hug today though lol. Everyone seemed stress-y.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:34 pm

Wahrheit wrote:
landshoes wrote:Yeah, it's really nice. That plus the small class makes it a genuinely comfortable atmosphere. I kinda wanted to give our whole class a hug today though lol. Everyone seemed stress-y.

hugs are always welcomed, grades aside

watch out I'm a big hugger

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:34 pm

I'm not playing around

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”