Page 172 of 316

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:29 am
by Minnietron
PeanutsNJam wrote: GTUTLTC confirmed

Wait. Was there ever a question?

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:45 pm
by zhenders
jepper wrote:A, A, A, B+ (no A+s or -s given)


Outstanding :)

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:42 am
by Minnietron
Using bookstands for exam outlines is TTT. Time for an upgrade!

http://top-law-schools.com/ZEiJcS

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 am
by zhenders
Minnietron wrote:Using bookstands for exam outlines is TTT. Time for an upgrade!

http://top-law-schools.com/ZEiJcS


I want pictures of it being used in class

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:28 am
by Minnietron
zhenders wrote:
Minnietron wrote:Using bookstands for exam outlines is TTT. Time for an upgrade!

http://top-law-schools.com/ZEiJcS


I want pictures of it being used in class

I was planning to wait until exams. But, bringing it to class could produce a nice adaptive response. E.g., people are already on edge after first semester grades, so this could range from demoralizing them into submission to motivating them up to D&P status. Likely, the result will be something in the middle - bemusement and derision. Even that could take focus away from their studies.

You may have talked me into it...

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 am
by hairbear7
Who else, besides Chicago, is still waiting?

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:33 pm
by Indifference
For grades? HLS still waiting.

.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:51 pm
by Gray
.

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm
by Minnietron
Gray wrote:So I did cave and checked grades the night they came out, and actually did pretty decently. Hilariously my best class was the one that I stopped reading for halfway through the semester.

Civ Pro?

.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 pm
by Gray
.

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:27 pm
by czpczp
Gray wrote:So I did cave and checked grades the night they came out, and actually did pretty decently. Hilariously my best class was the one that I stopped reading for halfway through the semester.



woah, cant believe you caved.

.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:03 pm
by Gray
.

[s][/s]

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 pm
by 03282016

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 pm
by GreenEggs
Wahrheit wrote:Chicago grades are up.


Does Chicago rank or give percentiles?

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:30 pm
by 03152016
.

[s][/s]

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:30 pm
by 03282016

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:31 pm
by Rigo
"Not allowed to estimate" ? That's silly.

[s][/s]

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:32 pm
by 03282016

.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:35 pm
by Gray
.

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:36 pm
by Minnietron
Wahrheit wrote:
Rigo wrote:"Not allowed to estimate" ? That's silly.

It's really not.

Why is it not? Do you not have historical data, or is the data too varied to draw broad inferences from year to year?

[s][/s]

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:37 pm
by 03282016

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:39 pm
by GreenEggs
Wahrheit wrote:
DCfilterDC wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:Chicago grades are up.


Does Chicago rank or give percentiles?

No, and we are not allowed to estimate. We are also thoroughly discouraged from posting / sharing / talking about grades at all w/ others, I know I won't be saying anything about mine.


Yeah same at CLS in terms of not allowed to estimate our rank or say what we think it would be. Though I don't get the "thoroughly discouraged from posting / sharing / talking about grades at all w/ others" part?

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:46 pm
by xael
Wahrheit wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
Rigo wrote:"Not allowed to estimate" ? That's silly.

It's really not.

Why is it not? Do you not have historical data, or is the data too varied to draw broad inferences from year to year?

We don't have the data (as far as I know), and this quarter's grades combined are worth the same as one of Crim, Torts, Contracts, or Property alone. They basically don't mean anything other than that we didn't fail.

ETA this is the last post I'll make on the matter, I just wanted classmates who don't check email (lol) to know they were up.


Yeah it is only like 20% of your total gpa or whatever for the year.

It was something that makes sls suck. At Chicago they gradually bring you in and you can fix if things went wrong but here you get 5 grades fall quarter, then 3-4 winter, and 3-4 spring (but 3 of the grades winter/spring come from 1 class) so it's hard to correct.

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:53 pm
by GreenEggs
xael wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
Rigo wrote:"Not allowed to estimate" ? That's silly.

It's really not.

Why is it not? Do you not have historical data, or is the data too varied to draw broad inferences from year to year?

We don't have the data (as far as I know), and this quarter's grades combined are worth the same as one of Crim, Torts, Contracts, or Property alone. They basically don't mean anything other than that we didn't fail.

ETA this is the last post I'll make on the matter, I just wanted classmates who don't check email (lol) to know they were up.


Yeah it is only like 20% of your total gpa or whatever for the year.

It was something that makes sls suck. At Chicago they gradually bring you in and you can fix if things went wrong but here you get 5 grades fall quarter, then 3-4 winter, and 3-4 spring (but 3 of the grades winter/spring come from 1 class) so it's hard to correct.


I thought SLS was just pass/honors kind of deal

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:55 pm
by xael
Yeah, it is. So it's not a fair comparison. But on the other hand, it's hard to fix straight Ps (where objectively you could have been above median in all those classes) from the first quarter--it really overwhelms your transcript.

Not that people don't bounce back Ofc. Was more just reflecting on Chicago's "only have 2 grades first quarter" thing. It's less a reflection of who someone is as a student and more a chance to fix things that might have gone wrong IMHO.