2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
2
5%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
11
28%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
17
44%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
9
23%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby Poldy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Is it better to get in a sad mood to ease into the release of grades, or should I be trying to pump myself up to withstand the bad news?

I'm quickly getting into an irritated mood waiting for them to be posted.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3124
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:45 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 7342
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby rnoodles » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
Poldy wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Is it better to get in a sad mood to ease into the release of grades, or should I be trying to pump myself up to withstand the bad news?

I'm quickly getting into an irritated mood waiting for them to be posted.

This is what it was like waiting in line for the guillotine/firing squad. That's not an unreasonable, stress-induced comparison at all.


Just called the SAO and they said nothing will be posted until 4:30PM CST today. Hope this helps y'all, and good luck!

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3124
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:59 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby andthenIwaslike » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:33 pm

The floodgates thing is so true. Ours get uploaded twice a day (as in, any grades that profs turn in get uploaded), and before any grades were in I knew that SOME people were checking twice a day, but the idea of doing it myself seemed ludicrous.

Then our first grade came back and since then I've been checking once a day (the update that happens while I'm sleeping I assume someone will text me about). It's the worst.

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby BrazilBandit » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:39 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Poldy wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Is it better to get in a sad mood to ease into the release of grades, or should I be trying to pump myself up to withstand the bad news?

I'm quickly getting into an irritated mood waiting for them to be posted.

This is what it was like waiting in line for the guillotine/firing squad. That's not an unreasonable, stress-induced comparison at all.


Just called the SAO and they said nothing will be posted until 4:30PM CST today. Hope this helps y'all, and good luck!


UT Grades are up...

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3124
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:52 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5704
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby BVest » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Good catch. What's the median GPA been in past years?


At the end of the school year 18 months ago, 3.37. 3.63 was 25%ile. Can't speak to one semester, but I would assume they're fairly close.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3124
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:01 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:15 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:The floodgates thing is so true. Ours get uploaded twice a day (as in, any grades that profs turn in get uploaded), and before any grades were in I knew that SOME people were checking twice a day, but the idea of doing it myself seemed ludicrous.

Then our first grade came back and since then I've been checking once a day (the update that happens while I'm sleeping I assume someone will text me about). It's the worst.

You have grades already??

User avatar
february1
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby february1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:39 pm

xylocarp wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:The floodgates thing is so true. Ours get uploaded twice a day (as in, any grades that profs turn in get uploaded), and before any grades were in I knew that SOME people were checking twice a day, but the idea of doing it myself seemed ludicrous.

Then our first grade came back and since then I've been checking once a day (the update that happens while I'm sleeping I assume someone will text me about). It's the worst.

You have grades already??


UVA checking in, looks like 3 or 4 1L professors have given out grades so far. But I agree that getting one grade makes it so much harder to wait for the other three.

User avatar
LoganCouture
Posts: 1407
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby LoganCouture » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm

with two grades out, i feel "yay" and also "not yay"

also what's the word on being identifiable from our post history on TLS, do employers care?

kingpin101
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby kingpin101 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Goddamnit CLS is so late with grades. Really annoying when every other job I apply to replies back asking for them.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:57 pm

lc39 wrote:with two grades out, i feel "yay" and also "not yay"

also what's the word on being identifiable from our post history on TLS, do employers care?

I have no idea (though my instinct is probably not), but regardless I kind of feel like you have nothing to worry about in your post history haha.

Student of Law
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby Student of Law » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:00 pm

february1 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:The floodgates thing is so true. Ours get uploaded twice a day (as in, any grades that profs turn in get uploaded), and before any grades were in I knew that SOME people were checking twice a day, but the idea of doing it myself seemed ludicrous.

Then our first grade came back and since then I've been checking once a day (the update that happens while I'm sleeping I assume someone will text me about). It's the worst.

You have grades already??


UVA checking in, looks like 3 or 4 1L professors have given out grades so far. But I agree that getting one grade makes it so much harder to wait for the other three.


Do you know the grade submission deadline and what time of day they are uploaded?

User avatar
february1
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby february1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:11 pm

Student of Law wrote:
february1 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:The floodgates thing is so true. Ours get uploaded twice a day (as in, any grades that profs turn in get uploaded), and before any grades were in I knew that SOME people were checking twice a day, but the idea of doing it myself seemed ludicrous.

Then our first grade came back and since then I've been checking once a day (the update that happens while I'm sleeping I assume someone will text me about). It's the worst.

You have grades already??


UVA checking in, looks like 3 or 4 1L professors have given out grades so far. But I agree that getting one grade makes it so much harder to wait for the other three.


Do you know the grade submission deadline and what time of day they are uploaded?


Grades are uploaded twice a day, at 7 am and 7 pm. I've also heard that the submission deadline is January 20th.

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby andthenIwaslike » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:25 pm

xylocarp wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:The floodgates thing is so true. Ours get uploaded twice a day (as in, any grades that profs turn in get uploaded), and before any grades were in I knew that SOME people were checking twice a day, but the idea of doing it myself seemed ludicrous.

Then our first grade came back and since then I've been checking once a day (the update that happens while I'm sleeping I assume someone will text me about). It's the worst.

You have grades already??


Yup, for our small section class. Three to go...

User avatar
m27
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby m27 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:45 pm

But why does my semester start Monday ... :roll:

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Other than my TTT school, who among you have all grades back?

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby Poldy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:07 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Other than my TTT school, who among you have all grades back?

UT released all of them yesterday.

User avatar
m27
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby m27 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:45 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Other than my TTT school, who among you have all grades back?


Mine are all back. Still waiting on ranking because the other section has yet to receive 1 grade

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby IsThisForReal » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:50 pm

m27 wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Other than my TTT school, who among you have all grades back?


Mine are all back. Still waiting on ranking because the other section has yet to receive 1 grade

Ditto

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby haus » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:19 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Other than my TTT school, who among you have all grades back?

My school apparently put out the Fall grades yesterday, but I have not yet bothered to take a look.

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby Poldy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:30 pm

We need a new poll.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Fa1Lure is Imminent

Postby Hand » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Poldy wrote:We need a new poll.

How are your grades?
1. Thinking about suicide
2. Thinking about dropping out
3. Thinking about killing some classmates
4. Thinking about rethinking things
5. Thinking about them stacks growing soon
6. Thinking about transferring
7. Who fucking cares




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maxroach88 and 1 guest