LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How prepared are you for your life right now?

I am bullet journalling, have planned my semester and am ready to make magna
5
7%
I have my shit together but I'm probably forgetting something
11
15%
I have made some effort but my life is basically in shambles
22
31%
I don't even have books or know where I'm going how is class starting already
12
17%
100% checked out mentally already #3LOLOLOLLLL
21
30%
 
Total votes: 71

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03282016
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:55 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:56 pm

My school doesn't participate either

03282016
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:06 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 8462
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby rnoodles » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:36 am

unsweetened wrote:I think I'm somewhere between ready to repeatedly smash my fist into the imaginary panic button repeatedly and giving up and sobbing myself to sleep before this closed book torts exam.

Made a 30 page outline, hand wrote an attack outline, writing flash cards, and can't remember a freaking thing.


So I'm going to kill you now.

Assault - yes or no?

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby unsweetened » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:38 am

rnoodles22 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:I think I'm somewhere between ready to repeatedly smash my fist into the imaginary panic button repeatedly and giving up and sobbing myself to sleep before this closed book torts exam.

Made a 30 page outline, hand wrote an attack outline, writing flash cards, and can't remember a freaking thing.


So I'm going to kill you now.

Assault - yes or no?

No imminent apprehension, so no assault. Possible intentional infliction of emotional distress (eggshell psyche).

However the model answer needed for an A is 3000 words and talks about telemarketers, the hot bagels test, implied license, implied secondary assumption of the risk, etc.

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 8462
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby rnoodles » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 am

unsweetened wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:I think I'm somewhere between ready to repeatedly smash my fist into the imaginary panic button repeatedly and giving up and sobbing myself to sleep before this closed book torts exam.

Made a 30 page outline, hand wrote an attack outline, writing flash cards, and can't remember a freaking thing.


So I'm going to kill you now.

Assault - yes or no?

No imminent apprehension, so no assault. Possible intentional infliction of emotional distress (eggshell psyche).

However the model answer needed for an A is 3000 words and talks about telemarketers, the hot bagels test, implied license, implied secondary assumption of the risk, etc.


Never heard of any of those things you listed, so I can't help there bud. :(

But judging by the way you responded, I'm sure you've got this man. Back in UG I used to always psych myself out that I'd forget stuff that I studied, but once I got into the test and just focused on that it came back. So don't worry, get out of your head, and focus on killing it. You've put in the work, now it's time to reap the reward mayne.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6899
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Gray » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:28 am

Wahrheit wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:That little faith in me? :| :| :|

You're not in competition with them, are you? I just assumed you would win

RUDE AF.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3789
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Hand » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:58 am

Gray wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:That little faith in me? :| :| :|

You're not in competition with them, are you? I just assumed you would win

RUDE AF.

If anyone booked that civ pro exam it's bucki, not me #interlocutoryappealfail
Are these Cali's available for every section or is there only one per subject?

03282016
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:03 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby unsweetened » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:28 am

rnoodles22 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:I think I'm somewhere between ready to repeatedly smash my fist into the imaginary panic button repeatedly and giving up and sobbing myself to sleep before this closed book torts exam.

Made a 30 page outline, hand wrote an attack outline, writing flash cards, and can't remember a freaking thing.


So I'm going to kill you now.

Assault - yes or no?

No imminent apprehension, so no assault. Possible intentional infliction of emotional distress (eggshell psyche).

However the model answer needed for an A is 3000 words and talks about telemarketers, the hot bagels test, implied license, implied secondary assumption of the risk, etc.


Never heard of any of those things you listed, so I can't help there bud. :(

But judging by the way you responded, I'm sure you've got this man. Back in UG I used to always psych myself out that I'd forget stuff that I studied, but once I got into the test and just focused on that it came back. So don't worry, get out of your head, and focus on killing it. You've put in the work, now it's time to reap the reward mayne.


Thanks for the encouragement. I think everybody else in the class is ready to shit their pants too. Thank goodness there is a curve?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3789
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Hand » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:28 am

unsweetened wrote:Thank goodness there is a curve?

x1000

03282016
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:32 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 3221
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby RCSOB657 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:13 am

unsweetened wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:I think I'm somewhere between ready to repeatedly smash my fist into the imaginary panic button repeatedly and giving up and sobbing myself to sleep before this closed book torts exam.

Made a 30 page outline, hand wrote an attack outline, writing flash cards, and can't remember a freaking thing.


So I'm going to kill you now.

Assault - yes or no?

No imminent apprehension, so no assault. Possible intentional infliction of emotional distress (eggshell psyche).

However the model answer needed for an A is 3000 words and talks about telemarketers, the hot bagels test, implied license, implied secondary assumption of the risk, etc.


Never heard of any of those things you listed, so I can't help there bud. :(

But judging by the way you responded, I'm sure you've got this man. Back in UG I used to always psych myself out that I'd forget stuff that I studied, but once I got into the test and just focused on that it came back. So don't worry, get out of your head, and focus on killing it. You've put in the work, now it's time to reap the reward mayne.


Thanks for the encouragement. I think everybody else in the class is ready to shit their pants too. Thank goodness there is a curve?



1L curve is C+ here, assuming that's normal?

User avatar
AOT
Posts: 1630
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby AOT » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:17 am

No motivation to do anything at all after the exam yesterday. Don't think it went well - and that was supposed to be the easy one! Civ pro feels pretty daunting now

03282016
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:30 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3789
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Hand » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:36 am

Wahrheit wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:1L curve is C+ here, assuming that's normal?

Haha nope

C+ curve is exclusive TTT territory. Median here is B+.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3223
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Big Red » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:39 am

lol wow maybe you don't want employers to look at resumes and see a 2.3 for half our kids?

User avatar
haus
Posts: 3800
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby haus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:52 am

Hand wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:1L curve is C+ here, assuming that's normal?

Haha nope

C+ curve is exclusive TTT territory. Median here is B+.

I am deep in the weeds out here, but our curve median is supposed to be set to a B

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6899
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Gray » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:28 pm

24 Ks final sure was an EXPERIENCE

minnietron wrote:CALL IN

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 7654
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby BVest » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:33 pm

unsweetened wrote:Thank goodness there is a curve?


My 1L civ pro exam was graded on 270 possible points. Highest score in the class was 155 (A); lowest was 67 (C).

RCSOB657 wrote:1L curve is C+ here, assuming that's normal?


That's TTT area.

Generally T20 = B+
T50 = B
and so on.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... GPA_curves

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Hand wrote:If anyone booked that civ pro exam it's bucki, not me #interlocutoryappealfail NOPE
Are these Cali's available for every section or is there only one per subject?


There's one per class, so 5 per section (unless there's one for LRW?)

Manali
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Manali » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Hey! 2L here. This board was really helpful to me as a lurker, so I just wanted to give back.

Protip: The Freer CivPro Barbri lectures are GOLD. They will clear up everything in a mere 6 hours. He's really funny, too.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Manali wrote:Hey! 2L here. This board was really helpful to me as a lurker, so I just wanted to give back.

Protip: The Freer CivPro Barbri lectures are GOLD. They will clear up everything in a mere 6 hours. He's really funny, too.

They're not free anymore fwiw the free series is contracts this year and the dudes shirt is TERRIBLE

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3789
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Hand » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:59 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Manali wrote:Hey! 2L here. This board was really helpful to me as a lurker, so I just wanted to give back.

Protip: The Freer CivPro Barbri lectures are GOLD. They will clear up everything in a mere 6 hours. He's really funny, too.

They're not free anymore fwiw the free series is contracts this year and the dudes shirt is TERRIBLE

as are his jokes, his face, his everything really

but it's either this or reading supplements if I want to have any hope of not sucking completely at contracts, and this is more efficient, so whatever




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest