2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
12%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
24%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
43%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
22%

Total votes: 51

unsweetened

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby unsweetened » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Wahrheit wrote:Anyone taken their CivPro exam yet?

Yes. No way I am getting an A on that exam. 4 hour exam, no time guides for questions, but we did get word count limits (new for me). Flowcharts saved me.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Say D1 (a person) acting within his employment at D2(company) tortiously interfered with a contract between D3 and P (companies). All are totally diverse. D2 has no contacts to Ps home state.

D1 is on vacation and gets served in Ps home state. Does P's home state have personal jurisdiction over D3 because of respondeat superior?

This is like a mixed tort/civ prop q that I thought of while taking a practice test, but the prof didn't mention in his grading rubric, just wondering if you can get PJ over a corporate D because of respondeat basically.

Edit: typed the hypo slightly wrong
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:17 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Say D1 (a person) acting within his employment at D2(company) tortiously interfered with a contract between D3 and P (companies). All are totally diverse. D3 has no contacts to Ps home state.

D1 is on vacation and gets served in Ps home state. Does P's home state have personal jurisdiction over D3 because of respondeat superior?

This is like a mixed tort/civ prop q that I thought of while taking a practice test, but the prof didn't mention in his grading rubric, just wondering if you can get PJ over a corporate D because of respondeat basically.

buckiguy taking that shit to the NEXT LEVEL
(but like I said earlier, no idea; several hours later, I still don't)

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Took my first law school exam today! It was not the very worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life. That said, I would not be at all surprised if I got a grade or two below median. Anyway, now to learn all of torts in two days.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:14 pm

xylocarp wrote:Took my first law school exam today! It was not the very worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life. That said, I would not be at all surprised if I got a grade or two below median. Anyway, now to learn all of torts in two days.

You got it done, now forget about it!

haus

Postby haus » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Considering how well drinking and LRW assignments went I have now moved on to drinking and prepping for my property exam.

(ok, so my LRW submission was bad, but if I drink enough I might forget that)

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Halfway throught the outline for my contracts exam tomorrow morning and I have no motivation. I think its gonna be a late night.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:46 pm

unrelated to exams but did anyone have property - sprankling 3rd edition this semester? It's expensive as all fuck and there don't seem to be many used copies floating around. Just wondering if it was released before fall semester/ to expect used copies to pop up over the break

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poldy

Postby Poldy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:52 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:Halfway throught the outline for my contracts exam tomorrow morning and I have no motivation. I think its gonna be a late night.

Mine is in the morning too. I'm tired of studying for it so it'll be good to get it done.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Poldy wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Halfway throught the outline for my contracts exam tomorrow morning and I have no motivation. I think its gonna be a late night.

Mine is in the morning too. I'm tired of studying for it so it'll be good to get it done.

Ours is kinda a take home. We got the exam, make an outline for our answer specific to the exam and type up the actual essay during the exam period tomorrow.

Poldy

Postby Poldy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:59 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Poldy wrote:

Ours is kinda a take home. We got the exam, make an outline for our answer specific to the exam and type up the actual essay during the exam period tomorrow.

That's kind of an odd exam format.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Poldy wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
Poldy wrote:

That's kind of an odd exam format.

Yeah. I kinda like it. But I also hate it cus it means our answers have to be a bit more formal and organized than if we were in a time crunch.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:21 pm

Property tomorrow and my last, civpro Friday.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Am I the only one not studying any more during finals week than I do during the semester? I spend 3-4 hours in class/day during the semester, and another 2-3 reading. I really don't spend more than 5-6 hours per day doing focused studying during finals week. Guess we'll see how that worked out when grades come out lol.

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:53 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Am I the only one not studying any more during finals week than I do during the semester? I spend 3-4 hours in class/day during the semester, and another 2-3 reading. I really don't spend more than 5-6 hours per day doing focused studying during finals week. Guess we'll see how that worked out when grades come out lol.

Nope not the only one

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:01 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Am I the only one not studying any more during finals week than I do during the semester? I spend 3-4 hours in class/day during the semester, and another 2-3 reading. I really don't spend more than 5-6 hours per day doing focused studying during finals week. Guess we'll see how that worked out when grades come out lol.

Nope not the only one

There have definitely been days where I hit 8 or maybe even 9 hours of actually working in the past couple of weeks but most days I don't. Definitely won't today. First exam tomorrow, feel as ready as I'm gonna be, and can't bring myself to focus on the exams that are gonna come after that,

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm in a similar spot. Finals week is almost better than normal because I don't spend much more time on school but I get to do it on my own schedule instead of having daily reading deadlines and going to class and whatnot. My first exam isn't until Friday though, so maybe I'll be freaking out more by Thursday.

Anyway yeah fall grades will be the litmus test for whether this is the right approach to finals or not..

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:23 pm

The day before my contracts exam I pounded it pretty hard, but other than that I'm in a similar position.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:38 pm

That shitty doom feeling you get when you realized that you made an assumption about a fact pattern and totally fucked up a question... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anything above C will be a gift. #FailSoHard

Louis1127

Postby Louis1127 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:49 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:

Nope not the only one

Same here. We'll see how it works out.

haus

Postby haus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:50 pm

unsweetened wrote:That shitty doom feeling you get when you realized that you made an assumption about a fact pattern and totally fucked up a question... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anything above C will be a gift. #FailSoHard

Hang in there.

While this is not something that you would want to happen, even a misunderstanding of fact is not the end of the world. The prof will still see that you are applying law to facts (just not necessarily the desired facts), as such you can likely still pick up a fair amount of points.

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:52 pm

One of our profs always says "if you make an assumption that makes things harder for yourself you will not be discredited"

Hopefully that's the case for you and your prof feels the same way

haus

Postby haus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:55 pm

I like to think about it like my elementary school math class where the teacher told us that by showing our work, we gave ourself a possibility for partial credit for showing we understood the basics of the problem, even if we got the final answer wrong.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”