2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
13%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
26%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
40%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
21%

Total votes: 47

BVest

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby BVest » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:44 pm

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Big Red wrote:how can I get my hands on those freer lectures? am willing to pay a reasonable sum

+1 are they barbri?

DJM

Postby DJM » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:13 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Big Red wrote:how can I get my hands on those freer lectures? am willing to pay a reasonable sum

+1 are they barbri?

+1 looking for the civ pro ones

(but actually haven't looked at all just heard about them being awesome)

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:15 pm

DJM wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:

+1 are they barbri?

I haven't located a torrent yet, what's wrong with the internet

mornincounselor

Postby mornincounselor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 pm

As you ladies and gentleman begin taking your first set of law school exams, is there anything you wished you would have done either in the last few months or during 0L to better prepare yourself for the challenge before you?

P.S. My friend says someone may have posted a link to a drive on the law school reddit which includes the freer lecture and a lot of other stuff for 1L classes and beyond. She said the main link might be down but if you look through the posts you will find the back up.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:26 pm

first exam tomorrow. everyone is still very nice and super helpful. another one of my classmates had his laptop/notes stolen. (PSA: BACK YOUR SHIT UP RIGHT NOW. DO NOT PASS GO OR COLLECT $200 UNTIL THIS IS DONE). i've been amazed at how little ppl pay attention to very important things, and i don't love the way i feel inside everytime i learn someone just figured it out. like happiness/mixed with sadness/mixed with opinions about natural selection. we have to handwrite our outline, i'm on page 15 and have been at this since I woke up this morning. been having to take breaks so my hand wont fall off.

DJM

Postby DJM » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Hand wrote:
DJM wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:

+1 are they barbri?

I haven't located a torrent yet, what's wrong with the internet

I'm not one to torrent and it looks like you have to pay 100$ to get them (K is free). Seems a bit $teep.

rnoodles

Postby rnoodles » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:51 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:first exam tomorrow. everyone is still very nice and super helpful. another one of my classmates had his laptop/notes stolen. (PSA: BACK YOUR SHIT UP RIGHT NOW. DO NOT PASS GO OR COLLECT $200 UNTIL THIS IS DONE). i've been amazed at how little ppl pay attention to very important things, and i don't love the way i feel inside everytime i learn someone just figured it out. like happiness/mixed with sadness/mixed with opinions about natural selection. we have to handwrite our outline, i'm on page 15 and have been at this since I woke up this morning. been having to take breaks so my hand wont fall off.

Godbless that man. :/ Hope he's fine.

Also, good luck! By this time tomorrow you'll be forever done with [enter substantive law class here]! :D

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

DJM

Postby DJM » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Last night before torts final. Feeling pretty confident. Have some time left tonight before bed. Could do another PT or just issue spot or do nothing, what do you guys think?

Already a bit burnt out today

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:59 pm

DJM wrote:Last night before torts final. Feeling pretty confident. Have some time left tonight before bed. Could do another PT or just issue spot or do nothing, what do you guys think?

probably best to go to bed feeling like this, good luck dude. honestly I'm jealous, just ready to burn this sucker down at this point

acr

Postby acr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Had first exam today. Felt terrible about it but maybe this is common. I feel like there was so much more I wanted to say and didn't hit some of the issues I should have at least briefly talked about...not a good feeling right now

hillz

Postby hillz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Big Red wrote:
DJM wrote:Last night before torts final. Feeling pretty confident. Have some time left tonight before bed. Could do another PT or just issue spot or do nothing, what do you guys think?

probably best to go to bed feeling like this, good luck dude. honestly I'm jealous, just ready to burn this sucker down at this point

I agree - relax/go to bed. Doing more at this point is probably not going to help you, but having some extra gas left in your tank tomorrow could.

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Effingham

Postby Effingham » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:18 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
acr wrote:Had first exam today. Felt terrible about it but maybe this is common. I feel like there was so much more I wanted to say and didn't hit some of the issues I should have at least briefly talked about...not a good feeling right now

Haven't started yet, but from what I've heard this is a pretty common feeling for both people that do well and people that don't (perhaps even more common for people that do, because people that feel like they had enough time to address everything probably missed a lot).

My grades turned out to be nearly exactly the opposite of how I felt about the exam. So yeah, what he said. Also, you really don't know how the curve is going to work out yet.

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:19 pm

2015 grad popping in here to offer some encouragement. Y'all got this. 1L first semester during and after finals I was convinced I had done terribly and was going to end up below median. That was not the case. Everyone feels the way you're feeling right now. Keep pushing this next week or so as finals wrap up. You can do this! You're gonna be fine.

BVest

Postby BVest » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Those who feel super-confident after exams fall into two categories: A very small few who actually have good reason to feel that way, and a much larger group who not only missed issues on the exam but also have yet to think of them afterwards.

DJM

Postby DJM » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:12 pm

BVest wrote:Those who feel super-confident after exams fall into two categories: A very small few who actually have good reason to feel that way, and a much larger group who not only missed issues on the exam but also have yet to think of them afterwards.

Well I hope I'm in that small group cause I just got out of a test and I feel I killed it

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:02 pm

DJM wrote:
BVest wrote:Those who feel super-confident after exams fall into two categories: A very small few who actually have good reason to feel that way, and a much larger group who not only missed issues on the exam but also have yet to think of them afterwards.

Well I hope I'm in that small group cause I just got out of a test and I feel I killed it

I just got out of my Civ Pro exam and there is no fucking way in hell I'm getting an A in that class. All I know is that I tried as hard as I could, worked in an organized study group, read supps, done office hours, and don't know what I could have done all that differently. At least it's over with. :|

acr

Postby acr » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:09 pm

unsweetened wrote:
DJM wrote:

I just got out of my Civ Pro exam and there is no fucking way in hell I'm getting an A in that class. All I know is that I tried as hard as I could, worked in an organized study group, read supps, done office hours, and don't know what I could have done all that differently. At least it's over with. :|

unsweetened, I felt the exact same way after my crim exam yesterday.

I got out of the test and called my GF and my family and my classmates infuriated because I felt like I did horrible. I couldn't remember a damn thing I wrote and I wasn't even happy it was over.

A nap really helped, and while I still feel somewhat meh about my performance yesterday, I don't feel like I did as bad as I originally thought. You probably didn't do as bad as you think.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:46 pm

acr wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
DJM wrote:

unsweetened, I felt the exact same way after my crim exam yesterday.

I got out of the test and called my GF and my family and my classmates infuriated because I felt like I did horrible. I couldn't remember a damn thing I wrote and I wasn't even happy it was over.

A nap really helped, and while I still feel somewhat meh about my performance yesterday, I don't feel like I did as bad as I originally thought. You probably didn't do as bad as you think.

The only thing that makes me feel a little bit better is that I'm pretty sure a lot of other people screwed up pretty badly. This was the first time I have taken a timed exam with a word count limit, so there was some extra stress going on. Already it's on to studying for the next exam, not much else that can be done, right?

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:41 pm

I decided before exams even got here that I was just gonna do what I could and not worry about grades till they got here. I refuse to even try to speculate.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:03 pm

Will be happy with anything above median. 8)

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:04 pm

unsweetened wrote:Will be happy with anything above remotely near median. 8)

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”