2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4
4%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
28
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
21
24%
 
Total votes: 89

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Minnietron » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Holy shit just did a contracts practice question and didn't even get halfway done in the allotted time *panic time*

Don't even worry some of us aren't even on practice questions yet

Even when you get to them, this issue won't apply! Well, maybe it will. But, I have a hard time seeing you saying " 9 hours and 36 minutes was not enough time for 1250 words!"

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Gray » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:22 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Holy shit just did a contracts practice question and didn't even get halfway done in the allotted time *panic time*

Don't even worry some of us aren't even on practice questions yet

Even when you get to them, this issue won't apply! Well, maybe it will. But, I have a hard time seeing you saying " 9 hours and 36 minutes was not enough time for 1250 words!"

so so so grateful that our first exam is not a time constraint nightmare

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Minnietron » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:46 pm

Gray wrote:so so so grateful that our first exam is not a time constraint nightmare

Just can't let it ruin timing on the rest. Or, we can try telling the proctor that we are accustomed to more time and not ready to stop typing.

I will give the second option a try and report back on the results.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby unsweetened » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:43 pm

One of my classmates found my contracts outline on the floor of the library. It was sitting there for 3 hours. Law school is crazy.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Big Red » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:04 pm

unsweetened wrote:One of my classmates found my contracts outline on the floor of the library. It was sitting there for 3 hours. Law school is crazy.


(tortious)

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:07 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Big Red » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
Big Red wrote:
unsweetened wrote:One of my classmates found my contracts outline on the floor of the library. It was sitting there for 3 hours. Law school is crazy.


(tortious)

For reuniting him with it?


clear tripping hazard

I think I'm going after Lib staff under constructive notice, then suing the school under RS

lol this is what I've become

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 7262
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby rnoodles » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Big Red wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
Big Red wrote:
unsweetened wrote:One of my classmates found my contracts outline on the floor of the library. It was sitting there for 3 hours. Law school is crazy.


(tortious)

For reuniting him with it?


clear tripping hazard

I think I'm going after Lib staff under constructive notice, then suing the school under RS

lol this is what I've become


Could've also been a continuing trespass if library shut down for the night and it was still there. Dodged a bullet there, bud.

As to the library, is it really liable? I see your point, but you're going to have to analogize to some spilled milk or fallen grape cases for the full effect man. #HEButt #NeverForget

LMD
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby LMD » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:36 am

Did pretty well on torts exam today, but I absolutely butchered 1/6 of it with regard to issues. I spent the first 700 words of the exam talking about abnormally dangerous activities when it didn't apply at all. Oh well.
Last edited by LMD on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagle2a
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby eagle2a » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:08 am

Any tips on focusing. Exams start next week. I've procrastinated actually studying till now and still can't seem to focus.

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:54 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:02 am

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:14 am

LMD wrote:Did pretty well on torts exam today, but I absolutely butchered 1/6 of it with regard to issues. I spent the first 700 words of the exam talking about abnormally dangerous activities when it didn't apply at all. Oh well.

Still plenty of points out there for an A! Don't think about it, and focus on the next one.

ETA:

eagle2a wrote:Any tips on focusing. Exams start next week. I've procrastinated actually studying till now and still can't seem to focus.

If you are at GULC, I hear that meth helps you focus. But, this only happens in DC.

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:02 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby unsweetened » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:06 pm

usually a full night of sleep beforehand is helpful

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2833
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby haus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:36 pm

unsweetened wrote:usually a full night of sleep beforehand is helpful

I am just going to assume that this is wrong, because I have not had a full night of sleep for several weeks and that is not likely to change between now and finals.

(Ugh)

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:09 pm

Should we discuss which font to use in our outlines for the best results or just wait and go with whatever the 2Ls choose?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Hand » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:Should we discuss which font to use in our outlines for the best results or just wait and go with whatever the 2Ls choose?

I'm just using TNR because I have no imagination / because that's what the outlines I'm working from use

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Hand wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:Should we discuss which font to use in our outlines for the best results or just wait and go with whatever the 2Ls choose?

I'm just using TNR because I have no imagination / because that's what the outlines I'm working from use

Based on the discussion in the link below, I'm going with Tahoma!

http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/3330/what-is-the-best-font-for-extremely-limited-space-i-e-will-fit-the-most-readab

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:Should we discuss which font to use in our outlines for the best results or just wait and go with whatever the 2Ls choose?

I'm just using TNR because I have no imagination / because that's what the outlines I'm working from use

Based on the discussion in the link below, I'm going with Tahoma!

http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/3330/what-is-the-best-font-for-extremely-limited-space-i-e-will-fit-the-most-readab

That message chain looked amazing/terrifying.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:Should we discuss which font to use in our outlines for the best results or just wait and go with whatever the 2Ls choose?

I'm just using TNR because I have no imagination / because that's what the outlines I'm working from use

Based on the discussion in the link below, I'm going with Tahoma!

http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/3330/what-is-the-best-font-for-extremely-limited-space-i-e-will-fit-the-most-readab

That message chain looked amazing/terrifying.

Yes to both! More than I ever thought I would know about fonts. After a quick comparison, I switched back to Calibri over Tahoma.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Big Red » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:35 pm

I've noticed a lot of the better outlines use more sophisticated fonts

bc my outline is decidedly EVERYMAN, however, I'm rocking cambria

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby Gray » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 pm

TNR is one of the easiest fonts to read on paper, that's why it is the standard

User avatar
everything_bagel
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby everything_bagel » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:46 pm

I wasn't feeling that stressed about exams (we only have two) but everyone else already seems to be done outlining :(

eagle2a
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby eagle2a » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:57 pm

everything_bagel wrote:I wasn't feeling that stressed about exams (we only have two) but everyone else already seems to be done outlining :(


Two!! We've got 5, and I've only half way studied for two




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest