2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
5%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
32%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 88

haus

Re: Tonight, We Dine in He1L

Postby haus » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:00 pm

radio1nowhere wrote:
unsweetened wrote:I thought the law library before finals would be like the gym after new year's.

Same; a lot of people in my section apparently just don't like studying in the library. They say it feels dreary or oppressive or whatever. I don't get it, but I'm not complaining cuz it just means more open carrels for me

Do you use multiple carrels? If so, is there a pattern, perhaps one carrel per subject?

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:19 pm

haus wrote:
radio1nowhere wrote:
unsweetened wrote:I thought the law library before finals would be like the gym after new year's.

Same; a lot of people in my section apparently just don't like studying in the library. They say it feels dreary or oppressive or whatever. I don't get it, but I'm not complaining cuz it just means more open carrels for me

Do you use multiple carrels? If so, is there a pattern, perhaps one carrel per subject?

I lay claim to a large table with six seats so that I may engage in man spreading

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 pm

I don't like studying at home because I usually end up watching movies, eating food, or not actually doing any work. Studying in the library gives me a sense of obligation and desire to use the resources that my tuition is paying for already. It's also motivating when I see other people from my section outlining and working through E&E's.

haus

Postby haus » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:29 pm

unsweetened wrote:I don't like studying at home because I usually end up watching movies, eating food, or not actually doing any work. Studying in the library gives me a sense of obligation and desire to use the resources that my tuition is paying for already. It's also motivating when I see other people from my section outlining and working through E&E's.

Currently, I am goofing off watch pointless shows on Netflix instead of studying for exams. Although campus is over a thousand miles away. . . which makes it highly unlikely I am making it to the school library anytime soon.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:45 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

haus

Postby haus » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:55 pm

This reminds me of the bomb threat that some chuckle head at Harvard has sent in via Tor a few years ago, apparently thinking that the added anonymity would help cover his tracks, sadly for him, he did this while logged into the schools wireless network. Apparently, he was one of only two people using Tor at the time the message was received that had a final exam in the building which was the target of the threat.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

haus

Postby haus » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Wahrheit wrote:
haus wrote:

This reminds me of the bomb threat that some chuckle head at Harvard has sent in via Tor a few years ago, apparently thinking that the added anonymity would help cover his tracks, sadly for him, he did this while logged into the schools wireless network. Apparently, he was one of only two people using Tor at the time the message was received that had a final exam in the building which was the target of the threat.

Oh, I remember reading about that! It's probably true that they'll figure out who is responsible for the threat, it was just terrifying getting that email.

Getting a message like this would suck.

Although, it seems unlikely to me that someone who truly wanted to cause real terror and mayhem would telegraph their moves with this level of accuracy. The odds are much more likely they want something shutdown or it is simply a cry for help. Most people are unaware of how to cover their tracks well online, especially when it comes to something that will draw as much attention and effort as this will, so I suspect that decent leads will come from the investigation rather quickly.

But, even if the odds of real danger are quite small, the risk adverse nature of a major university will force them to take extreme measures to ensure safety, so a shutdown of all or part of a campus is likely a given.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:14 pm

I just found VHS tapes in the library. Made my evening (which is pretty pathetic).

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:26 am

haus wrote:
radio1nowhere wrote:

I don't use them, I just leave one or two things at each one so no one else can use them. It's the new alternative to tearing pages out of library books

KMart

Postby KMart » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:49 am

radio1nowhere wrote:I don't use them, I just leave one or two things at each one so no one else can use them. It's the new alternative to tearing pages out of library books

Lol wow.

Poldy

Postby Poldy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:29 am

Finally got the damn memo submitted. Does this mean I have to start studying for the other classes now?

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:59 am

radio1nowhere wrote:I don't use them, I just leave one or two things at each one so no one else can use them. It's the new alternative to tearing pages out of library books

Well done! Can you mark them further? I'm not saying pee on them, but maybe you could pee on them?

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:05 am

Last edited by Hikikomorist on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:37 am

Minnietron wrote:

Well done! Can you mark them further? I'm not saying pee on them, but maybe you could pee on them?

Which library do you study in? remind me to avoid it.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:22 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

Which library do you study in? remind me to avoid it.

And the plan is working! By next semester, I will have them to myself. To answer your question, I alternate between the two :D

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:27 pm

drinking three trentas from sbux last night was def a bad idea. pt'ing this AM was rough

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:48 pm

I enjoy taking law school exams a lot more than PTing for the LSAT, so to clarify how I prefer to spend time atm

Sleeping>>>Things I enjoy doing>>>>>Eating>>>>>>>>Transporting myself from one location to another>>>>>>>>Practice Exams>>>PTing

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:54 pm

Holy shit just did a contracts practice question and didn't even get halfway done in the allotted time *panic time*

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:18 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Holy shit just did a contracts practice question and didn't even get halfway done in the allotted time *panic time*

Don't even worry some of us aren't even on practice questions yet

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:20 pm

I haven't even gotten myself to take a test under time conditions yet

#tomorrow

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Holy shit just did a contracts practice question and didn't even get halfway done in the allotted time *panic time*

only doing it because i signed up to go to office hours and discuss the practice question, still haven't done any civvy p outlining

xael

Postby xael » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:30 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:

only doing it because i signed up to go to office hours and discuss the practice question, still haven't done any civvy p outlining

Civ pro outlining is kinda optional unless your professor is really weird tbh

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xael

Postby xael » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
xael wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:

Civ pro outlining is kinda optional unless your professor is really weird tbh

Not that I'm doing any of my own outlining anyway, but still curious about why you said this.

It's just rules. You can do everything with a fill in the blank checklist. A lot of outlining civ pro will just typjng up stuff that has been typed up before. It's all going to be the same, even the policy stuff has already been laid out. Whereas torts or crim or Ks could vary slightly depending on your professor using different cases.

Ofc this doesn't include things like typing up rules in a way you understand them, but I think civ pro is one of the ones that you can really just make your own checklist/attack outline for. I'm super visual so I liked making my own flow charts to understand what was going on. But like, it's just the steps to go thru in a lawsuit, if that makes sense.

I wouldn't say you could just not have an outline tho

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”