2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
3%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
26%
I long for the sweet release of death.
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 86

unsweetened

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby unsweetened » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Big Red wrote:Iqbal is the biggest train wreck imo

whatever, Twombly started it

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Minnietron wrote:I'm not sure I like the turn this thread has taken. Not because of the participants or the subject matter, but because I now realize how below-median I really am. I did - at least - recognize most of the case names... :D

My exact thoughts.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 pm

This thread just got super theoretical. Yikes.

So far my open note memo has consumed 16 hours of my life, and there are many more hours left to go. Outlining has been put on hiatus for this week. :x

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:30 pm

I just decided to ignore the last few pages

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Have an open memo draft due right now. I've spent a total of ~3-4 hours on this thing, but it was a deadline so I turned in a steaming pile of shit. Going to have to completely redo my analysis for when I have to turn in the real thing. Whatever I don't really care about it. I also have a legal research final coming up in like 12 days that I haven't even begun to think about. It's worth 0.5 credits/semester though so just lol.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:04 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Have an open memo draft due right now. I've spent a total of ~3-4 hours on this thing, but it was a deadline so I turned in a steaming pile of shit. Going to have to completely redo my analysis for when I have to turn in the real thing. Whatever I don't really care about it. I also have a legal research final coming up in like 12 days that I haven't even begun to think about. It's worth 0.5 credits/semester though so just lol.

I found what was most helpful was that on a day where I got out of class at noon, I stayed on campus till 7:30 and just worked on the memo. My goal was to finish it, but I only got about 3/4 done. Still, it meant that it wasn't hanging over my head the whole weekend (and I finished my contracts book). I also realized that I need to do a lot more research to get some cases to cite for contributory negligence because I don't have cases for why the way the defendant acted was negligent. I just have a case saying the general theory.

I want to do a good job on the memo this week(by going to the WUSTL writing lab a couple times, a TA meeting or two, and with the professor), but honestly to do that I would probably need to work on it for several hours each day this week and tweak revise drafts between meetings when I really need to be finishing a class to take practice exams next week. I'm probably just going to meet with the professor, a TA, and then do my noon-7 thing again and hope for the best...but expect the worst.

I kind of wish the open memo was due the week after exams. I feel like improving writing is such a time suck where it will expand to fill as much time as you allot to it, and I wish I had a week with no competing commitments.

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Why are people talking about actual law ITT

Can we talk about Star Wars or something

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:21 pm

radio1nowhere wrote:Why are people talking about actual law ITT

SOLD!

Did you watch the international trailer? I have succeeded in not to watching it - yet - because I've heard that it gives away more of the plot than all of the other trailers combined.

Also, have you purchased tickets yet?

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Can we talk about major life changes you would make if you got a big law (or mid law (or any law...))?

I'd get a hulu plus subscription. The one without ads.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:30 pm

I'd get guacamole on my chipotle burrito.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:31 pm

I would get stuffed crust at pizza hut rather than regular crust.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:10 am

I'd probably get a prescription for Zoloft after a month or so

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:15 am

Gray wrote:I'd probably get a prescription for Zoloft after a month or so

Takes a month to kick in so better get that prescription before you start

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:23 am

On a srs note, I'm looking forward to picking a place to stay for more than 4 years (longest I stayed in one place since middle school).

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:26 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:On a srs note, I'm looking forward to picking a place to stay for more than 4 years (longest I stayed in one place since middle school).

So, not biglaw?

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:42 am

Minnietron wrote:

SOLD!

Did you watch the international trailer? I have succeeded in not to watching it - yet - because I've heard that it gives away more of the plot than all of the other trailers combined.

HELL NO. I like to watch trailers after the movie. Watching them before always either gives me a false sense of what the movie is about, or ruins all the best scenes by showing all the cool stuff.

HELL YES I bought tickets! Gonna go see it with the fam the day after I get home for winter break. Stoked.

Tbh my absolute dream would be Star Wars pre-prequels.. the Old Republic timeline is by far my favorite in the universe. It's just historical accident that the first round of prequels ended up being bad!

ALSO: pls comment on Sith Lord Jar Jar Binks theory: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comme ... orce_user/

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:56 am

radio1nowhere wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

SOLD!

HELL NO. I like to watch trailers after the movie. Watching them before always either gives me a false sense of what the movie is about, or ruins all the best scenes by showing all the cool stuff.

HELL YES I bought tickets! Gonna go see it with the fam the day after I get home for winter break. Stoked.

Tbh my absolute dream would be Star Wars pre-prequels.. the Old Republic timeline is by far my favorite in the universe. It's just historical accident that the first round of prequels ended up being bad!

ALSO: pls comment on Sith Lord Jar Jar Binks theory: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comme ... orce_user/

A mandalorian war movie would be so fucking awesome

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 am

TetrisBlock wrote:Can we talk about major life changes you would make if you got a big law (or mid law (or any law...))?

I'd get a hulu plus subscription. The one without ads.

Always wanted one of these but could never afford it

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:49 am

Twiqbal is fine, it's the PJ Asahi/Nicastro double feature that makes me want to die.

Also I just spent an hour watching Master of None instead of reading CivPro for tomorrow, which might explain ^. It was an hour well spent, though, that show's hilarious.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:38 am

Wahrheit wrote:
I'm going taking Minnietron to the release party at Disney World, and I'm so fucking stoked

FTFY :lol:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
radio1nowhere wrote:

A mandalorian war movie would be so fucking awesome

Agreed on some ridiculous Mandalorian battle scenes! The problem is that strays too far from the money-making sweet spot Disney is going to stay in...for now.
I wanted to see some Grand Admiral Thrawn actioin, but since the Zahn novels are no longer cannon, that won't happen.
That Jar Jar theory has been following me from Reddit, to FB, to texts from friends, and now here. I refuse to click on a link associated with it and let that mistake of a character waster any more of my time, especially on someones inference riddled conjectures - I'm guessing.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:58 am

TetrisBlock wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:On a srs note, I'm looking forward to picking a place to stay for more than 4 years (longest I stayed in one place since middle school).

So, not biglaw?

:lol:

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:00 am

Last edited by Hikikomorist on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haus

Postby haus » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:30 am

The first time I went over two years at one address is the rental house I moved into with my wife when we were first married, which lasted for 3 years (I was a little over 30 at this point).

We bounced around for several years after that as working as a contractor being bounced around different projects. We moved to our current home a little over a year ago, just before my daughter started kindergarten, I am hoping we can stay put until she graduates high school.

OMLS48

Postby OMLS48 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:51 am

Have any of your professors given a page limit for your exams? my Torts professor said he may or may not restrict our exams to 8 pages. Ive never heard of this before. Is it more common than I think?

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”