2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
13%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
25%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
40%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
23%

Total votes: 48

IsThisForReal

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:47 pm

semi-seriously considering a rolly something. my back is killing me

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:55 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:29 am

rnoodles22 wrote:I guess I looked at so many bookstands because of Minnie that now a good deal of the ads I come across are for the "Rosemary" and other bookstands.

This just proves that you don't spend enough time browsing weird shit on amazon.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:51 am

Wahrheit wrote:Also, the number of our Torts prof's quotes that I've written down has broken 400

Why would you count them?

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:09 am

Love how this thread went from viewing bookstands critically, to openly shopping for them

Hand wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
unsweetened wrote:are roller bags indicative of gunner status?

Yes

Holy shit yes.

Speaking of bookstands, today I observed someone sitting on the desk of a library "cubicle" that has a little shelf, with him putting his book on the shelf, leaning on the top edge of the cubicle. I wanted to take a picture but there were too many other people around pretending not to be mesmerized by this sight to do so without being observed.

Re: roller bags...I have been told I look like I could use one (read: I look like a pack mule or gunner?) :lol:

Re: dude in the cubicle...I think this just exemplifies the law school world turning us into morons collectively...on that note, I drug this HUGE ASS (almost bigger than me) beanbag all the way through the library, up 2 flights of stairs, and into a study room...guess which study room is NEVER available now.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:08 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:39 am

IsThisForReal wrote:semi-seriously considering a rolly something. my back is killing me

Sounds like you need to work on your core brah. :D
https://youtu.be/G5GIJmCwchk

Gray wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:I guess I looked at so many bookstands because of Minnie that now a good deal of the ads I come across are for the "Rosemary" and other bookstands.

This just proves that you don't spend enough time browsing weird shit on amazon.

This makes me wonder what ads roam your computer screen...

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Minnietron wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:semi-seriously considering a rolly something. my back is killing me

Sounds like you need to work on your core brah. :D
https://youtu.be/G5GIJmCwchk

I think the problem is that I do. So every day that I do back work, I'm also carrying a ton of books and then my back is super sore the next day. And then I'm usually fine the other days.

Poldy

Postby Poldy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:50 pm

I saw one of those large wooden book stands in the wild today. Some guy was carrying it around between classes.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Poldy wrote:I saw one of those large wooden book stands in the wild today. Some guy was carrying it around between classes.

Dear God why, there is probably sufficient table space right in front of them.

jepper

Postby jepper » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I thought about Christmas break today for the first time since the start of the semester. Well, for the first time since 4 years ago when I was in undergrad. I'm laughing hysterically thinking about how worthless I'm going to be once I walk out of the last exam.

andthenIwaslike

Postby andthenIwaslike » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Weirdly, book stands and rolling bags seem to be inversely related to gunner status in my section. Unless they're secret gunners that seem chill in the light of day and transform into gunners come December...

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:41 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:Weirdly, book stands and rolling bags seem to be inversely related to gunner status in my section. Unless they're secret gunners that seem chill in the light of day and transform into gunners come December...

Hmmmm. I wonder if we are operating with different definitions of gunner...

On a different note, when a professor asks a question about feminist theory/gender marginalization in the law, men should probably play it safe and not answer. The exception is if you have done serious research on the subject. You're more likely to learn something by listening to women that have a more salient viewpoint, and you're less likely to say something offensive.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Minnietron wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:Weirdly, book stands and rolling bags seem to be inversely related to gunner status in my section. Unless they're secret gunners that seem chill in the light of day and transform into gunners come December...

On a different note, when a professor asks a question about feminist theory/gender marginalization in the law, men should probably play it safe and not answer. The exception is if you have done serious research on the subject. You're more likely to learn something by listening to women that have a more salient viewpoint, and you're less likely to say something offensive.

omg yeah that guy really made things awkward.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

omg yeah that guy really made things awkward.

Details?

jrc223

Postby jrc223 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:42 pm

no weird gender discussions in my classes so far, but we did have a prospective student in civ pro try to answer the prof's question on personal jurisdiction with a lengthy recitation of privity of contract that she had read in some u.s. report. mad awkward

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:Details?

I honestly don't think he realized the implications of what he said - basically that men and women being biologically different (women being very NURTURING) means they should be treated differently by the law.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Gray wrote:

I honestly don't think he realized the implications of what he said - basically that men and women being biologically different (women being very NURTURING) means they should be treated differently by the law.

Yeah, he essentially agreed with one-hundred-year-old gender distinctions made by the law based on...wait for it...science. If there were a video of my face during that comment, I would love to see it for comedic value.

jrc223 wrote:no weird gender discussions in my classes so far, but we did have a prospective student in civ pro try to answer the prof's question on personal jurisdiction with a lengthy recitation of privity of contract that she had read in some u.s. report. mad awkward
Law Schools should come up with a gunner fee shifting schedule. Have a panel of experts watch classes and determine if a student's net value to class is positive, neutral, or negative. Tuition will be adjusted from the baseline ex-post accordingly. Net-positive students receive greater discounts in relation to their standard deviations above the norm and vice-versa. It could be calculated weekly to help adjust behavior. What could go wrong...

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:40 pm

One of my classmates has kept a running tally of how much time our gunner takes up in class with his stupid questions. We really wanna send him a bill at the end of the semester.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

rnoodles

Postby rnoodles » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:

Yeah, he essentially agreed with one-hundred-year-old gender distinctions made by the law based on...wait for it...science. If there were a video of my face during that comment, I would love to see it for comedic value.

Appropriate?

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Minnietron wrote:

textbook case of marginalizing men in the classroom

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Big Red wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

God willing, that's the worst thing that happens to me in class.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:01 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:

Appropriate?

More like

Big Red wrote:
Minnietron wrote:.

How dare he refrain from speaking to allow informed discussion to take place! We need Kim Davis on his side asap :lol:

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”