2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4
5%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
28
32%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
20
23%
 
Total votes: 88

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby unsweetened » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Minnietron wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Please, true prestige is reading your casebook and only taking hand notes. No highlighters, no ~~book stands~~, and certainly no laptops. If you have to look something up, that's why you're in the law library at 2am.

Don't forget handwritten outlines. Each draft is a labor of love.

having just put the last 45 minutes into my civ pro outline, I would definitely shoot myself in the face if I had to hand-write. My class notes are barely legible as it is.

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby rnoodles » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Minnietron wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:Do any of you use "book stands" or the like? They seem really gunnery


Are you referring to the mesh things you put in lockers and act as shelves? Cause if you are I'd say that's pretty childish as well

Edit: autocorrect

No the things people use in class and elsewhere to hold the book up/open


Wait, people actually use these? More importantly, these things actually exist?

Yes, I see people using them frequently and I'm glad I'm not the only one with that thought.


Honestly, I'm a bit conflicted. I don't know if I should laugh at them, low-key despise them for out-gunning gunners, or commend them for being that dedicated to their craft haha

None of the above?

http://goo.gl/sb6ly1

They are cheap. Get four of these. One for your casebook. One for your supplement. One for your second supplement. One for your working outline to edit during class.

As always, maintain eye contact to assert dominance.


Eh, i don't think they're worth it. Lori confirms.

Gunner Lori wrote:i am a college student and was in search for an affordable book stand so i can avoid back and shoulder aches from hunching over my textbooks. i thought this might work and it doesn't. at all. even my lightweight paperback books topple over in this.

i thought i could use it as a display instead but the wire frame seems to be made unevenly so anything i put on it looks a bit crooked. it doesn't seem very stable and i would hesitate to put anything like a plate in it.

but it was super cheap. i'm probably just going to donate these to good will since demanding a refund is hardly worth the time and effort.

DJM
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby DJM » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Wahrheit wrote:Do any of you use "book stands" or the like? They seem really gunnery


I do but only in my apartment

User avatar
tuxedocat
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby tuxedocat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:25 pm

DJM wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:Do any of you use "book stands" or the like? They seem really gunnery


I do but only in my apartment

I used one in grad school because I was getting srs neck/back pain from hunching over. It really helped. But I only used it at home, using it in public seems super dorky.

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby RCSOB657 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:31 pm

xylocarp wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:Yeah, I'm friends with plenty of ugly weirdos I met on TLS. See: gray



Am I really that weird? :p

Tbh you do seem pretty weird, but that's what makes you interesting. Normal is boring. I was saying that exclusively to take the opportunity to call a weirdly attractive person ugly though


Well thank you! Lol I knew that's what you were doing but couldn't resist.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3010
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Big Red » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:28 pm

wish i'd bothered to read getting to maybe earlier :roll:

DJM
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby DJM » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 pm

Big Red wrote:wish i'd bothered to read getting to maybe earlier :roll:


I read through a good amount of it over summer, can't say its really helped more than stuff the career office has told/emailed me.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3010
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Big Red » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:15 pm

DJM wrote:
Big Red wrote:wish i'd bothered to read getting to maybe earlier :roll:


I read through a good amount of it over summer, can't say its really helped more than stuff the career office has told/emailed me.


I think it gives a nice little heuristic that was clarifying more than anything, stuff I've been kinda recognizing but not really as I'm trying to match up exams and model answers, but to each their own, glad your CO is helpful

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:38 am

xylocarp wrote:Tbh you do seem pretty weird, but that's what makes you interesting. Normal is boring. I was saying that exclusively to take the opportunity to call a weirdly attractive person ugly though

<3

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:14 pm

unsweetened wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Please, true prestige is reading your casebook and only taking hand notes. No highlighters, no ~~book stands~~, and certainly no laptops. If you have to look something up, that's why you're in the law library at 2am.

Don't forget handwritten outlines. Each draft is a labor of love.

having just put the last 45 minutes into my civ pro outline, I would definitely shoot myself in the face if I had to hand-write. My class notes are barely legible as it is.

No doubt! With the amount of revising - even just the wording of single elements - I would have to dedicate thirty hours a week to outlining...per course...per class. Did I mention I write slow?

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:21 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:Eh, i don't think they're worth it. Lori confirms.

Not gunner enough for you, huh?

Fortunately the bookstand industry has something for the discerning gunner.
http://goo.gl/BJaHVL

And for the distinguished gunner, looking for form and function.
http://goo.gl/aqoXwV

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Wahrheit wrote:Minnie your posting is consistently my favorite

Thanks! It's nice to know I amuse someone aside from myself!

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:32 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby rnoodles » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:35 pm

Minnietron wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:Eh, i don't think they're worth it. Lori confirms.

Not gunner enough for you, huh?

Fortunately the bookstand industry has something for the discerning gunner.
http://goo.gl/BJaHVL

And for the distinguished gunner, looking for form and function.
http://goo.gl/aqoXwV


The second option allows me to assert my dominance over the class and professor. I am officially entranced.

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:43 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:Eh, i don't think they're worth it. Lori confirms.

Not gunner enough for you, huh?

Fortunately the bookstand industry has something for the discerning gunner.
http://goo.gl/BJaHVL

And for the distinguished gunner, looking for form and function.
http://goo.gl/aqoXwV


The second option allows me to assert my dominance over the class and professor. I am officially entranced.


Both of those are funny, but also just plain weird.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:59 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:Eh, i don't think they're worth it. Lori confirms.

Not gunner enough for you, huh?

Fortunately the bookstand industry has something for the discerning gunner.
http://goo.gl/BJaHVL

And for the distinguished gunner, looking for form and function.
http://goo.gl/aqoXwV


The second option allows me to assert my dominance over the class and professor. I am officially entranced.


Both of those are funny, but also just plain weird.

Careful going after the professor. They've seen gunners the likes of which we can barely imagine. If you choose to continue, don't take half measures. I present the "Rosemary."
http://goo.gl/iMyFbZ
This one is funny and weird enough that I added it to my Amazon wish list...I'm really thinking about getting this for my desk. Don't judge me. Ok, Judge me. But, make sure to take my perfect posture into account while judging :lol:

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby rnoodles » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Minnietron wrote:Careful going after the professor. They've seen gunners the likes of which we can barely imagine. If you choose to continue, don't take half measures. I present the "Rosemary."
http://goo.gl/iMyFbZ
This one is funny and weird enough that I added it to my Amazon wish list...I'm really thinking about getting this for my desk. Don't judge me. Ok, Judge me. But, make sure to take my perfect posture into account while judging :lol:


Well, it's got precedent.

Gunner K. wrote:
Q: I have a 1600 page medical text book. Will this stand be able to hold it? Is the stand sturdy enough to highlight and write in my book as I read?
A: I don't recall off hand the number of pages in my law book that I used it for (probably about the same) and the stand is indeed sturdy enough. The problem I encountered is that the lip isn't wide enough so your pages are always dangling off the end which can be a bit of annoyance, but it is resolvable with some engineering. I will say I have two of these stands and this wide Rosemary is my favorite.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby unsweetened » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:55 pm

are roller bags indicative of gunner status?

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 7170
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby rnoodles » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:01 pm

I guess I looked at so many bookstands because of Minnie that now a good deal of the ads I come across are for the "Rosemary" and other bookstands.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hand » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:23 pm

Wahrheit wrote:
unsweetened wrote:are roller bags indicative of gunner status?

Yes

Holy shit yes.

Speaking of bookstands, today I observed someone sitting on the desk of a library "cubicle" that has a little shelf, with him putting his book on the shelf, leaning on the top edge of the cubicle. I wanted to take a picture but there were too many other people around pretending not to be mesmerized by this sight to do so without being observed.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3010
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Big Red » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:28 pm

the briefcase is proto gunner

I see people with the rolly backbacks and wonder if they have back problems

idk if I can take them seriously enough to think of them as gunners

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Hand wrote:Speaking of bookstands, today I observed someone sitting on the desk of a library "cubicle" that has a little shelf, with him putting his book on the shelf, leaning on the top edge of the cubicle. I wanted to take a picture but there were too many other people around pretending not to be mesmerized by this sight to do so without being observed.

lolol saw that




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest