2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4
5%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
28
32%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
20
23%
 
Total votes: 88

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby andthenIwaslike » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Gray wrote:
xylocarp wrote:My section mostly just has really nice cold callers who will guide you to the right answer if you get it wrong (e.g. "well what if you looked at the second sentence in the third paragraph on page 298?" or "No, not quite... I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with query doctrine...") and then move on.

talk about SOFTBALL amirite!?!


well done

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hand » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:08 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Help. Memo. No. Please. Why.

I wonder if putting us through the misery of three ungraded memos this semester will have any discernible effect on our writing abilities. My money is on no effect whatsoever.

ETA have you settled on a view about what we are supposed to do or bring, memo-wise, for Monday's class? I feel like I may just conclude that we are not required to do anything.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Help. Memo. No. Please. Why.

I wonder if putting us through the misery of three ungraded memos this semester will have any discernible effect on our writing abilities. My money is on no effect whatsoever.

i am quite confident that i'm going to get like a D in LRW

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Hand wrote:ETA have you settled on a view about what we are supposed to do or bring, memo-wise, for Monday's class? I feel like I may just conclude that we are not required to do anything.

we're peer editing, so I wouldn't not bring something

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hand » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:26 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:ETA have you settled on a view about what we are supposed to do or bring, memo-wise, for Monday's class? I feel like I may just conclude that we are not required to do anything.

we're peer editing, so I wouldn't not bring something

But... But... I've been on a winning streak of doing absolutely nothing for school since Thursday afternoon, I don't want to break it!

Ughh might actually have to hit up the library tomorrow to work on this thing given how little I get done at home.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby xylocarp » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:ETA have you settled on a view about what we are supposed to do or bring, memo-wise, for Monday's class? I feel like I may just conclude that we are not required to do anything.

we're peer editing, so I wouldn't not bring something

But... But... I've been on a winning streak of doing absolutely nothing for school since Thursday afternoon, I don't want to break it!

Ughh might actually have to hit up the library tomorrow to work on this thing given how little I get done at home.

Ughhhhh. I've literally been sitting around on various surfaces in my home with my crim book in front of me for 7 hours. I have done nothing.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hand » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:30 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:ETA have you settled on a view about what we are supposed to do or bring, memo-wise, for Monday's class? I feel like I may just conclude that we are not required to do anything.

we're peer editing, so I wouldn't not bring something

But... But... I've been on a winning streak of doing absolutely nothing for school since Thursday afternoon, I don't want to break it!

Ughh might actually have to hit up the library tomorrow to work on this thing given how little I get done at home.

Ughhhhh. I've literally been sitting around on various surfaces in my home with my crim book in front of me for 7 hours. I have done nothing.

I got groceries for the week, that's it for the day. Gonna watch more goodwife probably. Headed for B-s in everything.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Hand wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
Hand wrote:But... But... I've been on a winning streak of doing absolutely nothing for school since Thursday afternoon, I don't want to break it!

Ughh might actually have to hit up the library tomorrow to work on this thing given how little I get done at home.

Ughhhhh. I've literally been sitting around on various surfaces in my home with my crim book in front of me for 7 hours. I have done nothing.

I got groceries for the week, that's it for the day. Gonna watch more goodwife probably. Headed for B-s in everything.


I did none of my memo, still haven't done any outlining, have done none of the reading for next week, and am currently making sweet potato hash

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:04 pm

Update: I was trying to do cast iron on glass stove top and it didn't heat evenly and burnt the fuck out of it. Now starting over

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby unsweetened » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Spent 7 hours in the library today outlining for K's (midterm is on Tues) and reading torts. I saw a lot of people outside enjoying a beautiful fall day and it made me a little sad inside.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:57 pm

unsweetened wrote:Spent 7 hours in the library today outlining for K's (midterm is on Tues) and reading torts. I saw a lot of people outside enjoying a beautiful fall day and it made me a little sad inside.

I was just in your neck of the woods at a friend's wedding off Milledge Ave. Can confirm. It was a gorgeous day and evening.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby stillwater » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 am

DONT DO IT!!!!!

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby haus » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:06 am

Have I mentioned what tremendous pain in the ass LRW is?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:07 am

haus wrote:Have I mentioned what tremendous pain in the ass LRW is?


Kill me

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Poll update idea: what's the dumbest rule in legal writing?
my nominations are:
parentheticals have to start with ING verbs
Underlining or not underlining commas/periods

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Not underlining space in between See and Id

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby xylocarp » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:16 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Poll update idea: what's the dumbest rule in legal writing?
my nominations are:
parentheticals have to start with ING verbs
Underlining or not underlining commas/periods

I'll put this up next once we have more nominations. For now, a quick poll on something I'm curious about — I'll only leave it up for a bit to get an accurate glimpse of the state of things as they are right now, at the end of October

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby xylocarp » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:16 pm

VOTE IN THE POLL

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3064
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:18 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Poll update idea: what's the dumbest rule in legal writing?
my nominations are:
parentheticals have to start with ING verbs
Underlining or not underlining commas/periods

Our professor told us we'd look silly if we underlined instead of italicized.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:22 pm

xylocarp wrote:VOTE IN THE POLL

Maybe today maybe never NO IDEA
ETA last option in the poll is for
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Kinky John » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Poll update idea: what's the dumbest rule in legal writing?
my nominations are:
parentheticals have to start with ING verbs
Underlining or not underlining commas/periods

Our professor told us we'd look silly if we underlined instead of italicized.


underlining is TTT

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Poldy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:32 pm

One down, one postponed for the Grand Prix. Don't plan on doing a third.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby leslieknope » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 pm

None, and it is unpredictable when I will start because honestly I've been meaning to start for weeks now

This speaks to my very soul.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:18 pm

leslieknope wrote:
None, and it is unpredictable when I will start because honestly I've been meaning to start for weeks now

This speaks to my very soul.

Right?

DJM
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby DJM » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:36 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Poll update idea: what's the dumbest rule in legal writing?
my nominations are:
parentheticals have to start with ING verbs
Underlining or not underlining commas/periods


Still not a fan of the whole 2x space thing finishing sentences. I always have to go back through the entire memo to go add an extra space after each period. Thought I could just do command-f and replace ". " with ". " but that fucks your citations and Id.

I guess not all profs care that much but mine does and it annoys the shit outta me.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest