. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
haus

Gold

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Post by haus » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:03 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:I wish our CSO would offer an information session on how to marry into money. That's still my ideal outcome.
2nd this

Actually I don't want to marry into money, I want to marry into land
Is this a druid sort of thing?

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:11 pm

haus wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:I wish our CSO would offer an information session on how to marry into money. That's still my ideal outcome.
2nd this

Actually I don't want to marry into money, I want to marry into land
Is this a druid sort of thing?
What? No. I'm from a rural area and would like to have a significant amount of land at the end of my career. Property is expensive and big tracts don't get sold whole often.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

JGMotorsport

New

Post by JGMotorsport » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:15 am

I worked in transactional law as a paralegal before law school and assumed I would love contracts. But Civ Pro is far and away my favorite class.

My least favorite is LRW like most but it's not terrible.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:53 am

DCfilterDC wrote:I wish we had midterms so that we had some real practice and comments for finals...
Meh, I don't need a midterm to tell me how poor my understanding of most of the material is.

Companion Cube

Silver

Post by Companion Cube » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 am

JGMotorsport wrote:I worked in transactional law as a paralegal before law school and assumed I would love contracts. But Civ Pro is far and away my favorite class.

That's too bad, because enjoyment of civ pro typically means lit. But LRW writing is memos and briefs aka...lit. Unless its just the class format you don't like and not the assignments

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JGMotorsport

New

Post by JGMotorsport » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:48 am

Companion Cube wrote:
JGMotorsport wrote:I worked in transactional law as a paralegal before law school and assumed I would love contracts. But Civ Pro is far and away my favorite class.

That's too bad, because enjoyment of civ pro typically means lit. But LRW writing is memos and briefs aka...lit. Unless its just the class format you don't like and not the assignments
I actually really like LRW assignments, the class itself I'm not huge on. But that's for reasons beyond subject content

JGMotorsport

New

Post by JGMotorsport » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

Hand wrote:
DCfilterDC wrote:I wish we had midterms so that we had some real practice and comments for finals...
Meh, I don't need a midterm to tell me how poor my understanding of most of the material is.
I had midterms in every class and got the exact same placement in every class. So at least I know that I'm consistently average...

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:38 pm

There were prospective students visiting, and it was really easy to spot them solely based on how happy they looked. :(

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:There were prospective students visiting, and it was really easy to spot them solely based on how happy they looked. :(
Nobody I know is going around the halls moping.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Poldy wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:There were prospective students visiting, and it was really easy to spot them solely based on how happy they looked. :(
True, but evident happiness still stands out, I think.

Gold

[s][/s]

Post by 03282016 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

andthenIwaslike

Bronze

Post by andthenIwaslike » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 am

Wahrheit wrote:I was gonna work on my memo tonight but my birthday is in like two hours and I'm watching Awkward
happy birthday!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

[s][/s]

Post by 03282016 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:53 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:33 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
Poldy wrote:
I agree with this.

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:57 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
Poldy wrote:
I agree with this.
Nah. All if my friends are either actually pretty happy and content or they're very good at faking it.

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Poldy wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
Poldy wrote:
I agree with this.
Nah. All if my friends are either actually pretty happy and content or they're very good at faking it.
Eh, to each their own I guess.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Wahrheit wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:I was gonna work on my memo tonight but my birthday is in like two hours and I'm watching Awkward
happy birthday!
15 MORE MINUTES

(thank you)
Feliz cumpleanos senor!
Gray wrote:Yeah I was going to say people seem generally pretty cheerful. I mean it's not November yet.
This may sound bad, but I'm looking forward to December! The esteemed philosopher Michael Gerard Tyson once said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." It will be interesting to see everybody's reaction to that punch.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Minnietron wrote: This may sound bad, but I'm looking forward to December! The esteemed philosopher Michael Gerard Tyson once said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." It will be interesting to see everybody's reaction to that punch.
What sounds bad about it? December is going to create some separation. Even if I do horribly, at least I know where I stand. :?

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:23 pm

unsweetened wrote:
Minnietron wrote: This may sound bad, but I'm looking forward to December! The esteemed philosopher Michael Gerard Tyson once said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." It will be interesting to see everybody's reaction to that punch.
What sounds bad about it? December is going to create some separation. Even if I do horribly, at least I know where I stand. :?
It's looking forward to something unpleasant in a bunch of people's lives so you can see how they react to it. I don't begrudge anyone that perspective, but I could see how it might sound bad.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
It's looking forward to something unpleasant in a bunch of people's lives so you can see how they react to it. I don't begrudge anyone that perspective, but I could see how it might sound bad.
Schadenfreude or morose delectation? I suppose whether it's terrible depends on the reasons for looking forward to December. As Llewellyn would say, "the rule goes where its reason leads, where reason stops, there stops the rule."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:40 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:Does anyone else feel like the rest of their class is twice as on top of their shit as you are? Like I'm confident in my grasp of the material and my ability to take tests but when I see the work that some of my classmates have put in I'm just like :shock: :shock: :shock:
I definitely feel like a lot of the people are working a lot harder than me, although I'm really not that impressed by the pointless lengthy briefs they write to be honest

ETA one guy starts his page long briefs with the name of the judge who decided the case which cracks me up every time; glad you wrote down the name of that 1920s montana appeals court judge my friend, that's gonna be real useful for the rest of your life
Last edited by Hand on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:42 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:Does anyone else feel like the rest of their class is twice as on top of their shit as you are? Like I'm confident in my grasp of the material and my ability to take tests but when I see the work that some of my classmates have put in I'm just like :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah, a bunch of people seem able to recite anything that was ever said in class.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
Yeah, a bunch of people seem able to recite anything that was ever said in class.
This I admittedly find a little more worrisome given that I'm barely able to recite what I had for dinner the day before most of the time

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”