2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
6
11%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
13
23%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
25
45%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
12
21%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2847
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby haus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
Leonardo DiCaprio wrote:bluebook is so fucking dumb.


Yes

I just assumed that this was some residual hazing practice used by professors who are still holding grudges over the paper cuts received as law students.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:15 am

Minnietron wrote: {proceeds to open Ks casebook with Pitch Perfect 2 playing in the background}

important question - is pitch perfect 2 on Netflix yet?

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:58 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote: {proceeds to open Ks casebook with Pitch Perfect 2 playing in the background}

important question - is pitch perfect 2 on Netflix yet?

Unfortunate answer, no. I bit the bullet and rented it from Prime. The Laser Ninja Drago League alone justifies the cost.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 am

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote: {proceeds to open Ks casebook with Pitch Perfect 2 playing in the background}

important question - is pitch perfect 2 on Netflix yet?

Unfortunate answer, no. I bit the bullet and rented it from Prime. The Laser Ninja Drago League alone justifies the cost.

ugh spending money.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:26 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote: {proceeds to open Ks casebook with Pitch Perfect 2 playing in the background}

important question - is pitch perfect 2 on Netflix yet?

Unfortunate answer, no. I bit the bullet and rented it from Prime. The Laser Ninja Drago League alone justifies the cost.

ugh spending money.

Redbox has it as well. However, that requires putting on pants. Redbox advantage: cheap and It opens the possibility of ripping it for later use.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:42 am

Minnietron wrote:Redbox has it as well. However, that requires putting on pants. Redbox advantage: cheap and It opens the possibility of ripping it for later use.

Prime's not too bad. 5.99 might be worth it....

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:43 am

Torrent

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:44 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Torrent

CHARACTER AND FITNESS

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:00 am

Gray wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Torrent

CHARACTER AND FITNESS


Lol

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:15 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:Redbox has it as well. However, that requires putting on pants. Redbox advantage: cheap and It opens the possibility of ripping it for later use.

Prime's not too bad. 5.99 might be worth it....

As much as I love PP2, I don't think it requires HD to enjoy. $4.99 SD is just fine.
Gray wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Torrent

CHARACTER AND FITNESS

Especially in DC! I'm fairly certain "they" know when I forget to turn off a light in this city, let alone attempt to bypass copyright protections...

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hand » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Torrent

CHARACTER AND FITNESS

Especially in DC! I'm fairly certain "they" know when I forget to turn off a light in this city, let alone attempt to bypass copyright protections...

Nobody cares what any of y'all download, unless you're on the university's wireless. Just download that torrent already. I've watched PP2, and while I don't want my time back, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Hand wrote:Nobody cares what any of y'all download, unless you're on the university's wireless. Just download that torrent already. I've watched PP2, and while I don't want my time back, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

We will agree to disagree. I have no regrets investing $5 in PP2. I probably would've paid double just for the Laser Ninja Dragon League scene and Fat Amy's "We Belong" solo!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Hand wrote:Nobody cares what any of y'all download, unless you're on the university's wireless. Just download that torrent already. I've watched PP2, and while I don't want my time back, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Not taking the advice of someone who presumably hid dead hookers under the cement of his old driveway.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:Nobody cares what any of y'all download, unless you're on the university's wireless. Just download that torrent already. I've watched PP2, and while I don't want my time back, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Not taking the advice of someone who presumably hid dead hookers under the cement of his old driveway.


But was he caught

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hand » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:Nobody cares what any of y'all download, unless you're on the university's wireless. Just download that torrent already. I've watched PP2, and while I don't want my time back, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Not taking the advice of someone who presumably hid dead hookers under the cement of his old driveway.

The trick is to just not disclose things like that when asked

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby landshoes » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:15 pm

it's key not to do it on your university's wireless.

our memos have word counts.

we have an issue we have to write about that could easily go either way. is this how they do it at y'alls schools? It's really frustrating because instead of focusing on my writing I feel like I'm trying to figure out the answer to a question that has been specifically designed to be impossible to answer and it's really irritating

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Poldy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:21 pm

landshoes wrote:it's key not to do it on your university's wireless.

our memos have word counts.

we have an issue we have to write about that could easily go either way. is this how they do it at y'alls schools? It's really frustrating because instead of focusing on my writing I feel like I'm trying to figure out the answer to a question that has been specifically designed to be impossible to answer and it's really irritating



Pretty sure that's the point.

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby landshoes » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Poldy wrote:
landshoes wrote:it's key not to do it on your university's wireless.

our memos have word counts.

we have an issue we have to write about that could easily go either way. is this how they do it at y'alls schools? It's really frustrating because instead of focusing on my writing I feel like I'm trying to figure out the answer to a question that has been specifically designed to be impossible to answer and it's really irritating



Pretty sure that's the point.


how so?

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2632
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:42 pm

landshoes wrote:
Poldy wrote:
landshoes wrote:it's key not to do it on your university's wireless.

our memos have word counts.

we have an issue we have to write about that could easily go either way. is this how they do it at y'alls schools? It's really frustrating because instead of focusing on my writing I feel like I'm trying to figure out the answer to a question that has been specifically designed to be impossible to answer and it's really irritating



Pretty sure that's the point.


how so?


That's what legal analysis is bro

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5997
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:25 pm

I didn't do much in the way of counterarguments b/c ungraded draft.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm pretty sure my professor expects a counterargument for each element, but only one of them has one that has any merit, IMO. So that part of my memo is probably going to suck.

Edit: Citations also suck.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3024
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Big Red » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:45 pm

I read ~7 different law schools online pages about signals and I'm still not totally sure which one makes the most sense in just about every situation.

w/e, once you hit the submit it's like 8)

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby IsThisForReal » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:00 pm

I have an ungraded contracts midterm tomorrow and I'm procrastinating getting ready for it by tindering.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby unsweetened » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:19 pm

I have an ungraded torts midterm tomorrow. I prepared by making spaghetti for dinner and listening to 80's music.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest