LES MISERA3LES: ONE YEAR MORE

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How prepared are you for your life right now?

I am bullet journalling, have planned my semester and am ready to make magna
5
7%
I have my shit together but I'm probably forgetting something
11
16%
I have made some effort but my life is basically in shambles
19
28%
I don't even have books or know where I'm going how is class starting already
12
18%
100% checked out mentally already #3LOLOLOLLLL
20
30%
 
Total votes: 67

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:53 pm

unsweetened wrote:Friday night... a great night for reading torts until my eyes explode in my skull.


Why

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby unsweetened » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:57 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Friday night... a great night for reading torts until my eyes explode in my skull.


Why

To not want to kill myself during the week with the same readings.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 7275
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:22 pm

unsweetened wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Friday night... a great night for reading torts until my eyes explode in my skull.


Why

To not want to kill myself during the week with the same readings.

As if that's avoidable.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3810
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby IsThisForReal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:26 pm

We do not have a long weekend

DJM
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby DJM » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:41 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:We do not have a long weekend


Same...

User avatar
rnoodles
Posts: 8462
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby rnoodles » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Lol @ undergad. What a joke

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Alternatives to reading torts on a Friday night:

Biking home in a rainstorm on a Friday night and blow drying your torts book

Whoops

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Poldy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:37 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Poldy wrote:Re: legal research-

You're all wrong. Westlaw and Lexis are playing for a consolation prize of second place.


*uses AOL to google things


Using Bloomberg is more like using DuckDuckGo instead of Google.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 4450
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Had my midterm today. That was exciting. Will let you all know when I find out I'm basically bottom 10%.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 738
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:19 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Had my midterm today. That was exciting. Will let you all know when I find out I'm basically bottom 10%.

Setting your expectations low is a smart strategy. That way when you hit bottom 30% you will be excited. Your excitement will lead to confidence. Confidence has been shown to be self-fulfilling, therefore it will lead to better performance on the final. Better performance on the final will lead to a top 5% class rank. Following this out to its logical end...May I introduce everyone to Chief Justice PeanutsNJam. Boom!

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 4450
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:41 pm

That read like a Direct TV commercial.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6869
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:54 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Alternatives to reading torts on a Friday night:

Biking home in a rainstorm on a Friday night and blow drying your torts book

Whoops

that ex-stinks!

also that storm started at 6:45 seems like it was your fault for not going home earlier on a Friday.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:01 pm

Gray wrote:that ex-stinks!

also that storm started at 6:45 seems like it was your fault for not going home earlier on a Friday.


#gunning

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 6869
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Gray » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:05 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:that ex-stinks!

also that storm started at 6:45 seems like it was your fault for not going home earlier on a Friday.


#gunning

glad I'm not in your section you curve ruiner.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby haus » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:21 pm

unsweetened wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Friday night... a great night for reading torts until my eyes explode in my skull.


Why

To not want to kill myself during the week with the same readings.

This is still better than LRW. . .

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 738
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:58 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:That read like a Direct TV commercial.

If only I had a voice like the DirecTV guy! I would drop out now and do...DirecTV commercials? Damnit, saturated market.
{proceeds to open Ks casebook with Pitch Perfect 2 playing in the background}

03282016
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby haus » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:47 pm

Wahrheit wrote:oh yeah I don't think I posted it here

I decided I'm going to Disney World after exams

Are you going to make a video of yourself walking out of the exam room happily proclaiming that you are going to go to Disney World?

03282016
Posts: 4985
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:06 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby leslieknope » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Dear LRW instructors,

7.5 pages is a perfectly cromulent length for a memo. Pls acknowledge this fact so I don't have to spend another three hours editing this fucker for no reason.

With boredom and indifference,

LK

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 5970
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby pancakes3 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:37 pm

leslieknope wrote:Dear LRW instructors,

7.5 pages is a perfectly cromulent length for a memo. Pls acknowledge this fact so I don't have to spend another three hours editing this fucker for no reason.

With boredom and indifference,

LK


I'm all for hating on LRW but 7.5 pages strikes me as an odd page count. Are you trying to get it up or shave it down - and to what requirement?

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby leslieknope » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:40 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
leslieknope wrote:Dear LRW instructors,

7.5 pages is a perfectly cromulent length for a memo. Pls acknowledge this fact so I don't have to spend another three hours editing this fucker for no reason.

With boredom and indifference,

LK


I'm all for hating on LRW but 7.5 pages strikes me as an odd page count. Are you trying to get it up or shave it down - and to what requirement?


The requirement is 5-7 pages, so I'm trying to shave it down (it was originally 9 pages, and I had already shaved it down from 9 pages to 7 for the first draft). I just want to not look at this anymore, is what I'm saying. :P

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 738
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Minnietron » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:21 pm

leslieknope wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
leslieknope wrote:Dear LRW instructors,

7.5 pages is a perfectly cromulent length for a memo. Pls acknowledge this fact so I don't have to spend another three hours editing this fucker for no reason.

With boredom and indifference,

LK


I'm all for hating on LRW but 7.5 pages strikes me as an odd page count. Are you trying to get it up or shave it down - and to what requirement?


The requirement is 5-7 pages, so I'm trying to shave it down (it was originally 9 pages, and I had already shaved it down from 9 pages to 7 for the first draft). I just want to not look at this anymore, is what I'm saying. :P

Is this a final, graded/credited version? If so, I have no advice. If not, delete every other sentence until it is 7 pages and see what is said about your "edits!" :lol:

User avatar
Leonardo DiCaprio
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Leonardo DiCaprio » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:17 pm

bluebook is so fucking dumb.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Leonardo DiCaprio wrote:bluebook is so fucking dumb.


Yes




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest