. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
leslieknope

Silver

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Post by leslieknope » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:01 am

haus wrote:
xylocarp wrote:K's is a legit abbrev imo

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:50 am

If everyone knows what K's stands for, does it matter?

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:09 am

DONT LET YOUR QUESTIONS BE QUESTIONS

JUST ACCEPT IT

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Leonardo DiCaprio wrote:you guys think people at your school lurk TLS
From my school, I'd be surprised if anyone else has been on here for the last 5 classes

andthenIwaslike

Bronze

Post by andthenIwaslike » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:51 pm

I like using K for contract because then I can use C in my notes for consideration.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anon180

New

Re: TLS 0Ls: The Final Summer (Y0LO)

Post by anon180 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:29 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Gray wrote:Finally, a place to talk about all things 0L. Anyone not slacking and yet for some reason still posting in the senioritis thread will now be redirected here. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
Yeah I haven't been posting in that thread because I'd feel like an imposter since I'm done with my thesis now and quit all of my jobs. I JUST NEEDED A PLACE TO SHITPOST
Ditto mostly. I just saw the clever title and thought "I have nothing productive to add............but am going to post anyways, cuz ya know, meh"
I miss Senioritis, It beats whatever the heck they should label studying for the bar after the emotional high of "yeah I am DONE with school!!" followed by the gap of waiting for results after the emotional high of "Yeah I am DONE with tests!!!!....maybe..."

For the 1L's who literally only have a few days under your belt. Honestly don't stress this stuff right now. It feels like you "should" but just remember its not paper grades yet, each day isn't worth a small piece of your grade yet (and depending on your choice of electives it may never be other than for a mandatory legal writing class) instead just focus on how each day brings you one day closer to that final exam that is 100% of your grade, and how you haven't had a chance to build a buffer GPA to fall back on yet for if you do bad on one of the random tests due to an unforeseen case of surprise stress induced dysentery (or other unforeseeable chaos that can't be prepared for in any way-due to being unforeseen) followed by waiting a month or more for grades (and thinking about it the whole break) and the pleasure of often starting the second semester of 2L classes and being expected to study and be called on in class, while still not sure how you even did yet on the first set.

So yeah, have fun kids. :D

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:35 pm

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:43 pm

Gray wrote:Law school is a hell of a lot easier and more fun than work is my takeaway two weeks in.
Yeah I mean if you treat it like a job it really shouldn't be too bad. The difference really is the mental component and the stress.

GreenEggs

Gold

Post by GreenEggs » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:52 pm

Did any of you do LEEWS? Is it worth it? Naw?
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:56 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... -recession

Something for us to look forward to, perhaps.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:31 pm

Gray wrote:Law school is a hell of a lot easier and more fun than work is my takeaway two weeks in.
Can verify this.

And enjoy it. I go back to work on Tuesday and I'm a little sad to give up the easygoing student lifestyle.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:52 pm

As a history/poli sci major in under grad I'm frankly underwhelmed by the amount of reading I've had to do so far. Yes, sometimes I don't leave the library until 9 pm when I have 7 cases for contracts, but I spend less time reading so far a week than when I was assigned 600 page history books I had to read in one week.

And with commercial briefs I come away from cases knowing a lot more.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:03 am

BVest wrote:
Can verify this.
I definitely spend less hours on school than I spent in the office when I was working full time, but I definitely spend more hours on school than I spent being productive in the office. I mean, just going to class already gives me those hours. Also, reading cases gets tiresome after a while, so I need to space it out in time, which makes it the case that I'm still stuck reading on the weekend, which I was aspiring not to do.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

navykev

Bronze

Post by navykev » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:48 am

Agree 100%! I'm like - isn't this suppose to be difficult and stressful? Time consuming, yes - but much easier and stress free than the rat race.
Last edited by navykev on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Effingham

Bronze

Post by Effingham » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:51 am

navykev wrote:
Agree 100% I'm like - I thought this was suppose to be difficult? Time consuming, yes - but folks that think this is hard are in for a rude awakening when they join the rat race.
The secret is you really don't have very much work yet, even by law school standards. Enjoy the first couple months, go out and meet people, just be ready to buckle down about a month and a half out from finals and when your lrw garbage comes due.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:00 am

navykev

Bronze

Post by navykev » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:14 am

Gray wrote:The reading is just so much more interesting than the stupid corporate marketing bullshit I had to read and re-write for work.

Actually my job was in many ways taking long documents, removing the irrelevant crap and rewriting them to be easier to understand - briefing cases and taking notes is the same sort of skill I guess. Thank you, former job that I hated!
Yes, reading about the guy that tried to use his 7,000,000 Pepsi points to get the Harrier jet featured in the Pepsi points commercial IS much more entertaining than what I was doing previously! I disagree with the court by the way - guy should have got the Harrier!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:41 am

navykev wrote:
Gray wrote:The reading is just so much more interesting than the stupid corporate marketing bullshit I had to read and re-write for work.

Actually my job was in many ways taking long documents, removing the irrelevant crap and rewriting them to be easier to understand - briefing cases and taking notes is the same sort of skill I guess. Thank you, former job that I hated!
Yes, reading about the guy that tried to use his 7,000,000 Pepsi points to get the Harrier jet featured in the Pepsi points commercial IS much more entertaining than what I was doing previously! I disagree with the court by the way - guy should have got the Harrier!

I also think the fact that Pepsi changed the commercial twice after the offer and acceptance goes toward that being a valid offer.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:45 am

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:46 am

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am

Well yeah, the court said it was unconscionable basically. Since you didn't read it yet (or have to) I will say the original commercial showed items and points, including the jet at the end for 7mil points which could be bought with cash. That ended up being a 700k Harrier jet. AFTER he already started collecting a significant amount of money, the ad changed to 700mil points (70mil, about 2.25x the cost of the jet). A third commercial said they weren't serious about the jet. Interestingly, Pepsi refused to tell how many other people attempted to buy one at 7mil points, which if were in the record could have affected the reasonableness aspect.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:40 pm

chuckbass wrote:
Yeah I mean if you treat it like a job it really shouldn't be too bad. The difference really is the mental component and the stress.
Thanks for the tip - I'll remember this for when I (finally) start.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Post by WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:11 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shema

New

Post by Shema » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Yeezus wrote:I can't even with Civ Pro right now... Class makes things even more confusing
Check out these free you tube videos for Civ Pro. They are pretty helpful and brief. I think there is an accompanying website as well. Here are some links.

https://youtu.be/t6FVxrzfzcY

https://www.mylawacademy.com

acr

Silver

Post by acr » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”