. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:15 am

unsweetened

Silver

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Post by unsweetened » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:15 am

I enjoy this new poll.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 am

Hikkomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:I haven't had a single case about railroads. What am I missing?
Torts?
Ah, that explains it. Something to anticipate fondly, I hope.
Lots of RR in property and civ pro too. you need a long strip of land spanning across large distances to build a railroad, so it makes sense how that can cause property complications. RRs go across multiple jdx, so civ pro.

Idk why y'all have so much trouble with boats, my profs dismiss maritime faster than chicks dismiss me at a bar.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:35 am

Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

[s][/s]

Post by 03282016 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:36 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:57 am

Minnietron wrote:
xylocarp wrote: $100,000 for a lifetime membership

DON'T OPEN THIS UNTIL YOU PAY THE $100,000
[+] Spoiler
Ashcroft v. Iqbal

Iqbal was like "dude all the people you're saying are terrorists are Arab Muslims, that's racist," but everyone else was like "idk 9/11 just happened and al Qaeda is pretty much all Arab Muslims so it would kind of make sense that most of the people we think might be involved with Al Qaeda are Arab Muslims" and Iqbal was like "dammit that's all I got," so the government hit him with a 12(b)(6) which wouldn't have been a thing before but since Twombly happened it totally was a thing
I propose a counter-offer. Instead of $100,000 for a lifetime membership, you will get naming rights to my next Iguana in exchange for a two month membership.
I somehow missed this earlier OBVIOUSLY YES, what a great deal. Please tell me about the Iguana's personality and feel free to post pics
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:01 am

xylocarp wrote: I somehow missed this earlier OBVIOUSLY YES, what a great deal. Please tell me about the Iguana's personality and feel free to post pics
I will keep you updated on the iguana so you can name it properly. At the moment, it is a theoretical iguana. It will come as soon as we determine how to keep the cat from killing it when the iguana is young, and then keep the iguana from killing the cat when the iguana is grown.

One solution is finding an employer that will allow me to keep an iguana at the office. This should be easy as the iguana will help us assert dominance/give greater home-field advantage during negotiations.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJM

Bronze

Post by DJM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 am

Torn between boats and railroads [hoes]. But last case I read dealt with a boat so we have a winner. Alaska Packers.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:29 pm

What is wrong with boats? Boats are cool, especially when they burn to a crisp because someone dropped a plank when unloading gasoline, or when you let out the oil from your boat into a harbor and the whole harbor burns to the ground, or when you, in you capacity as cult leader, convince one of our followers that you'll let her get off your boat when you reach America but then you don't provide her with the means to get on shore a couple of miles out. I like boats. I wish I was on a boat right now, instead of not writing this fucking memo.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:36 pm

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Hand wrote:What is wrong with boats? Boats are cool, especially when they burn to a crisp because someone dropped a plank when unloading gasoline, or when you let out the oil from your boat into a harbor and the whole harbor burns to the ground, or when you, in you capacity as cult leader, convince one of our followers that you'll let her get off your boat when you reach America but then you don't provide her with the means to get on shore a couple of miles out. I like boats. I wish I was on a boat right now, instead of not writing this fucking memo.
I have become quite adept at not making progress on LRW assignments.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:17 pm

xylocarp wrote:fuck boats
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Minnietron wrote:One solution is finding an employer that will allow me to keep an iguana at the office. This should be easy as the iguana will help us assert dominance/give greater home-field advantage during negotiations.
Future Zoo Lawyers of America

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Attrition

New

Post by Attrition » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:09 pm

haus wrote:
Hand wrote:What is wrong with boats? Boats are cool, especially when they burn to a crisp because someone dropped a plank when unloading gasoline, or when you let out the oil from your boat into a harbor and the whole harbor burns to the ground, or when you, in you capacity as cult leader, convince one of our followers that you'll let her get off your boat when you reach America but then you don't provide her with the means to get on shore a couple of miles out. I like boats. I wish I was on a boat right now, instead of not writing this fucking memo.
Yup. I just spent a good 3 hours not writing my memo.

Gold

[s][/s]

Post by 03282016 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Attrition wrote:
haus wrote:
Tom Brady motivated me to work on my memo.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:38 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:
Attrition wrote:
haus wrote:
Well drink 'o clock rolled around a few hours ago which certainly helped speed up the writing process; now I just need to cut 290 words from this 2390 words work of beauty

Probably not a good sign w/r/t not being an alcoholic when actually trying to practice law at some point though

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Hand wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:
Attrition wrote:
haus wrote:
Well drink 'o clock rolled around a few hours ago which certainly helped speed up the writing process; now I just need to cut 290 words from this 2390 words work of beauty

Probably not a good sign w/r/t not being an alcoholic when actually trying to practice law at some point though
I was actually talking about that with a friend a while back. All these bar reviews, boat cruises, free food and drink, and LRW has really upped the drinking factor.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:29 pm

tuxedocat wrote: Future Zoo Lawyers of America
This is a club that I would actually participate in during 1L. Do you happen to know the starting salary for Big Zoo?
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Told myself I would be proactive this week, yet here i am 10:30pm night before (ungraded) memo is due and i'm not even halfway done.

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:29 pm

pretty sure it was Hemingway esq. who said, "legal write drunk, edit never it's an f'ing rough draft"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:36 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Told myself I would be proactive this week, yet here i am 10:30pm night before (ungraded) memo is due and i'm not even halfway done.
My LRW assignments are due at 1 AM (well midnight is the stated deadline, but my house is in a different time zone), my last assignment was submitted with 43 seconds to spare.

I felt bad about leaving that much time on the clock, maybe I will do better on Saturday.

P.S.

A a parent of a young child, it stinks that I have an assignments due on Halloween. . .

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:41 pm

haus wrote: My LRW assignments are due at 1 AM (well midnight is the stated deadline, but my house is in a different time zone), my last assignment was submitted with 43 seconds to spare.

I felt bad about leaving that much time on the clock, maybe I will do better on Saturday.

P.S.

A a parent of a young child, it stinks that I have an assignments due on Halloween. . .
:shock:

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:38 pm

Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:58 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:I just realized that my memo is due on my birthday. Not sure how to feel about that.
At least it's not due the day after your birthday?
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”