. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
BVest

Platinum

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Post by BVest » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:10 am

ub3r wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
ub3r wrote:
BVest wrote:
ub3r wrote:wish I knew what median was at my school (UCLA)
I've seen elsewhere 1L median at 3.2; coif (graduating 10%) at 3.75.
Thanks. That's roughly what I had in mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... GPA_curves
A great resource, thanks. Though UCLA's cited pdf is from 2008, so I'm not sure about that one.
Yeah. The current is not exactly informative: https://law.ucla.edu/~/media/Assets/Cur ... dards.ashx

Plus, while the wiki page is a good source, IME, median GPA is always > target/allowed median class score by .1 or more. Whether that's because of professors trying to push the curve as much as the registrar will let them, because of the actual distribution of grades among students, or some other reason, I don't know.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoganCouture

Gold

Post by LoganCouture » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:49 pm

Ugh grades. Someone hold me and tell me straight Ps = 180 Gs

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:54 pm

LoganCouture wrote:Ugh grades. Someone hold me and tell me straight Ps = 180 Gs
You're good, straight Ps = $180 Gs!

Also, your grade turnaround was amazing! June 3 finished and June 8 grades?! I finished on May 13 and was told today grades might take another 7-10 days!
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:58 pm

LoganCouture

Gold

Post by LoganCouture » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Minnietron wrote:

Also, your grade turnaround was amazing! June 3 finished and June 8 grades?! I finished on May 13 and was told today grades might take another 7-10 days!
I had a two quarter class that finished up at the end of April. Only those grades are in. I think the rest of the grades won't be in until mid July.

Thank you for the support! I hope your grades come back and exceed your wildest dreams.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MurdockLLP

Bronze

Post by MurdockLLP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:22 pm

What is everyone's plan with regards to mass-mailing? Anyone mailing now? I'm planning on waiting to hear from Journals/Moot Court but I'm just not sure.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:34 pm

No mass mailing for me. Banking on OCI.

Have sent out a few for a part-time job during the year.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:24 pm

We have a lot of summer receptions so I plan to go to 3-4 of those and also follow up with the people I met at the school year firm receptions. So not quite "mass" mailing, but definitely nosing around for an early callback or two.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:05 pm

No mass mailing but targeted mailing going to apply to the like 10 firms with the practice area I want

Waiting till grades tho but not journal because that comes out like a week before OCI lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:30 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??
If so, WTF

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??
If so, WTF
Finished at the same time and still have a week to go. Can't stress those already hard-working professors too much.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??
If so, WTF
"My calendar is filling up fast, so I suggest you make an appointment sooner rather than later in order to make sure you are able to get in to see me. To make an appointment, please click here. Hopefully grades will come out in the next week-10 days, but don’t wait until then to schedule!"
This was in an e-mail I received yesterday from OCS. I'm hoping that this is indicative of how one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, but it is likely a sign they don't care about us having grades in time to mass mail.
Gray wrote: Remember that exam we finished in April? Funny how there are no grades for that yet.
Also funny that those exams were needed to make decisions for Law Fellows. Decisions for Law Fellows were announced - end of May - but we don't have grades for those exams...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??
If so, WTF
"My calendar is filling up fast, so I suggest you make an appointment sooner rather than later in order to make sure you are able to get in to see me. To make an appointment, please click here. Hopefully grades will come out in the next week-10 days, but don’t wait until then to schedule!"
This was in an e-mail I received yesterday from OCS. I'm hoping that this is indicative of how one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, but it is likely a sign they don't care about us having grades in time to mass mail.
Gray wrote: Remember that exam we finished in April? Funny how there are no grades for that yet.
Also funny that those exams were needed to make decisions for Law Fellows. Decisions for Law Fellows were announced - end of May - but we don't have grades for those exams...
What a fucking train wreck

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:17 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??
If so, WTF
What a fucking train wreck
Well at least that email came from OCS, not from the registrar. But still, WTF georgetown.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:19 am

Hikikomorist wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??
If so, WTF
Finished at the same time and still have a week to go. Can't stress those already hard-working professors too much.
Deadline for profs to turn our grades in was a week ago so at this point it *should* be just the registrar who is not doing their job

NimChimpsky

Bronze

Post by NimChimpsky » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:34 am

I'm at GULC, and I know someone who emailed the registrar a few days ago. He was told grades might be ready today, but the registrar's office is apparently not open today, so...probably not until next week. Though elective grades came out last Saturday so who knows.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:11 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:No mass mailing but targeted mailing going to apply to the like 10 firms with the practice area I want

Waiting till grades tho but not journal because that comes out like a week before OCI lol
Our Journal comes out the week before OCI bidding ends, so like 2 weeks from now. better to mass mail w/o or wait? also if mass w/o, should you mark journal pending or anything?

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Finally got my last grade today (and managed to keep near the top somehow).

I'll tack onto the confused comments about mailing out. I kind of feel like I should wait until journal comes out (not actually sure when that is at Penn), but at the same time that is a long delay and there are not a plethora of spots at some of the areas I am targeting. Do you think waiting for journal is less (because academic aspect is covered) or more (since more likely to be LR) important with an ~4?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Congrats Aux,

I think my grades were to be posted today, but I just do not have the energy/motivation to dig up my credentials to look for them...

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 pm

haus wrote:Congrats Aux,

I think my grades were to be posted today, but I just do not have the energy/motivation to dig up my credentials to look for them...
You mean you don't spam refresh every 5 minutes? My productivity will be way up next week.

and thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Auxilio wrote:
haus wrote:Congrats Aux,

You mean you don't spam refresh every 5 minutes? My productivity will be way up next week.

and thanks!
I am a part-time student, who works full-time, we have had some issues over the last few weeks that have gotten the executives worked up, and due to the traditional work rules (i.e. shit rolls downhill), me and my team have been putting in a lot of long days. Sadly this mess started a little over a week before finals started, which made finals more of a pain than I had hopped for, and has prevented me from catching up on my rest as I had hoped.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 pm

If you are 4/5 of the way to some type of feeling that we have yet to hash out, how are you supposed to feel?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:06 am

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:00 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”