. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Re: You Can't Spell Lunatic Without 1L

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:02 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:If someone asked how you want to spend Monday afternoon and you answered "I want to be in a four hour Ks class," then you are going to be jealous of me!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We in section 4 have two three hour civ pro classes this week, which seems like the more humane way to go about making up classes

Gold

[s][/s]

Post by 03282016 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:30 am

Wahrheit wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:I got sick on Friday = no work on memo this weekend, and the first draft is a week from today. Memo hell incoming
Uh, that seems like a normal amount of time to work on it.
Other people have already finished their drafts, and not just gunners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also my birthday is this week which is another reason I wanted to get it done this weekend.
lol those people are definitely gunners who finishes their memo a week and a half before the first draft is due

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:51 am

Wahrheit wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:I got sick on Friday = no work on memo this weekend, and the first draft is a week from today. Memo hell incoming
Other people have already finished their drafts, and not just gunners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also my birthday is this week which is another reason I wanted to get it done this weekend.
I felt accomplished when I had most of my writing done the day before it was due. How do those people motivate themselves?

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:01 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:If someone asked how you want to spend Monday afternoon and you answered "I want to be in a four hour Ks class," then you are going to be jealous of me!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We in section 4 have two three hour civ pro classes this week, which seems like the more humane way to go about making up classes
Agreed! This four hour chunk comes between 12:20 PM and 4:20 PM, A.K.A. prime eating time. I'm hoping we are surprised with a catered lunch and nap break. That seems entirely possible...
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:40 am

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:28 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote: Agreed! This four hour chunk comes between 12:20 PM and 4:20 PM, A.K.A. prime eating time. I'm hoping we are surprised with a catered lunch and nap break. That seems entirely possible...
I was just thinking that I will need to find a way to casually consume a whole meal throughout the course of this behemoth lecture.
Make sure to maintain eye contact at all times of your eating to establish dominance. If you look away, it will indicate weakness and give him/her the opportunity to reproach your conduct. Do not give them that opportunity and you can have a nice little meal.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:34 pm

The truth about UChi comes out
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:44 pm

5 weeks of class left. The first pangs of panic are setting in. I can feel the tension mixing in with the crispness of the fall air.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

[s][/s]

Post by 03282016 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:05 pm

unsweetened wrote:5 weeks of class left. The first pangs of panic are setting in. I can feel the tension mixing in with the crispness of the fall air.
Y'all finish in late Nov.?

Edit: You got this, brother!

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Is it self selection, or is it something they put in the water at U Chi? I tried to do open memo research this past fall break. Did 10 mins of it and was like LOL NAH.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:26 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:
unsweetened wrote:5 weeks of class left. The first pangs of panic are setting in. I can feel the tension mixing in with the crispness of the fall air.

Thanks!
Last day of classes is Nov. 24, which has gone from creeping up to screaming towards the finish line. I'm on the last page of the syllabus for most of my classes by now. Really looking forward to getting through finals and then having a month off to not read.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:33 pm

unsweetened wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:

Thanks!
Last day of classes is Nov. 24, which has gone from creeping up to screaming towards the finish line. I'm on the last page of the syllabus for most of my classes by now. Really looking forward to getting through finals and then having a month off to not read.
No problem!

Got to say I'm a bit envious, even though I'll probably swallow those words come December 1st.

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
lol those people are definitely gunners who finishes their memo a week and a half before the first draft is due
This Friday is the last day of class before a 4-day break. Thursday is bar review. If we get it done by Wednesday, we don't have to think about it, we can just chill and have fun for like 5 days straight. Seems pretty normal to me.

Tl;dr: If I'm going to be up at 2:30am this weekend it's going to be because I'm out drinking with my friends, not because I need to finish some dumbass LRW assignment.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 am

totally stayed up past midnight working on LRW :roll:
and it's ungraded... wtf am I doing?

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:49 pm

unsweetened wrote:totally stayed up past midnight working on LRW :roll:
Letting UChicago behaviour influence yours? :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Minnietron wrote:
unsweetened wrote:totally stayed up past midnight working on LRW :roll:
Letting UChicago behaviour influence yours? :lol:
I think that's too remote. The LRW train continues to roll. Just got my final exam on Bluebook citations (which, unfortunately, is graded). Oh well, at least it's a take home exam.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Got my contracts midterm back, 3.7 (A-). I think that's just barely top 30%, if the distribution is the same as last year's finals. There's a chance the curve for the midterm is totally different and I'm at median or something. Would be very happy with this at T14, but it's dangerous for WUSTL. Time to pick up the slack.

I'm also told the midterm grade is not predictive of finals performance so I could end up doing worse.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:05 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Got my contracts midterm back, 3.7 (A-). I think that's just barely top 30%, if the distribution is the same as last year's finals. There's a chance the curve for the midterm is totally different and I'm at median or something. Would be very happy with this at T14, but it's dangerous for WUSTL. Time to pick up the slack.

I'm also told the midterm grade is not predictive of finals performance so I could end up doing worse.
you'll be fine. just work smart and stay cool.

acr

Silver

Post by acr » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:09 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Got my contracts midterm back, 3.7 (A-). I think that's just barely top 30%, if the distribution is the same as last year's finals. There's a chance the curve for the midterm is totally different and I'm at median or something. Would be very happy with this at T14, but it's dangerous for WUSTL. Time to pick up the slack.

this is not a bad outcome. one of my mentors from last year said that some of the people who nailed the Greenfield midterm "took it easier" on the final and bombed the class. A- is a nice medium of keeping you in contention for a really high grade and motivating solid performance for the rest of the semester

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:10 pm

I wish our CSO would offer an information session on how to marry into money. That's still my ideal outcome.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:I wish our CSO would offer an information session on how to marry into money. That's still my ideal outcome.
2nd this

Actually I don't want to marry into money, I want to marry into land
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:I wish our CSO would offer an information session on how to marry into money. That's still my ideal outcome.
Any other qualifications? If not, this is a relatively easy outcome to achieve. Move to Naples, FL. Get a job at Port Royal Club. Pick a winner.

GreenEggs

Gold

Post by GreenEggs » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:03 pm

I wish we had midterms so that we had some real practice and comments for finals...
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”