. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Minnietron

Silver

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Post by Minnietron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:12 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:
Right, but, like, obviously it's just a series of statutes. If I wasn't having any trouble understanding or applying the statutes as written down in the book, I wouldn't be playing around with flowcharts or going to office hours.
Did you try explaining your frustrations in a flowchart? :D
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote: Agreed. His pragmatism seems fitting for Civ Pro. I quietly hoped that senor gun would try to get another point in...
On the flip side our LRW prof stopped when he put his hand up and let him answer what was clearly a rhetorical question...
That seems like a risky precedent to set the first week of class. If nothing else, it will help supply loads of entertainment!

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:38 pm

in one of the other sections theres a girl that turns around while shes answering questions like shes trying to teach the class.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

[s][/s]

Post by 03282016 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

andthenIwaslike

Bronze

Post by andthenIwaslike » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:17 pm

Minnietron wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:
Right, but, like, obviously it's just a series of statutes. If I wasn't having any trouble understanding or applying the statutes as written down in the book, I wouldn't be playing around with flowcharts or going to office hours.
Every arrow just ends up at "have another drink"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DJM

Bronze

Post by DJM » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 pm

who else is enjoying all these events with unlimited free booze?

LoganCouture

Gold

Post by LoganCouture » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 pm

DJM wrote:who else is enjoying all these events with unlimited free booze?
i would be if there were any!

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Weekends are the worst because I have to find my own food.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:03 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:
Every arrow just ends up at "have another drink"
I see you learned how to flowchart from Lindsay Lohan too!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm

everything_bagel

Bronze

Post by everything_bagel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:54 pm

lc39 wrote:
Wth Stanford?!

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:39 am

I voted "Amazing!!1! I <3 the LAW," but my love life still sucks ass. Up to 7-8 workouts a week though, so that's rolling.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:41 am

I'm also trying to open up more with my classmates. 1 for 3 on dates. Just got back from a bar actually.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:51 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote: I see you learned how to flowchart from Lindsay Lohan too!
I like you.
You might want to hold off on that judgment until you witness my performance during a socratic exchange in Civ Pro. I plan to highjack the class with irrelevant Keanu Reeves quotes/references. John Wick, B&TEA, and A Walk In the Clouds are in my queue. Those should give me enough of a genre mix to keep the prof on his toes.
RCSOB657 wrote:I'm also trying to open up more with my classmates. 1 for 3 on dates. Just got back from a bar actually.
Good for you! The more you try, the easier it should become. I suggest staying at the bar later than 12:30 AM. The real magic happens sometime after 2 AM...

DJM

Bronze

Post by DJM » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:44 pm

lc39 wrote:
I've had these events basically every night so far.
Hikkomorist wrote:
Weekends are the worst because I have to find my own food.
Yah there haven't been many sat/sun events.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:10 pm

After two and a half weeks, I think I'm a law school slacker tbh. I am definitely not doing all of the things many of my classmates are doing. I'm just kind of reading and that's all.

Except Lexis rewards points. I'm a Lexis rewards points gunner.
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:16 pm

xylocarp wrote:After two and a half weeks, I think I'm a law school slacker tbh. I am definitely not doing all of the things many of my classmates are doing. I'm just kind of reading and that's all.

I think I def would consider myself a law school slacker. It'll work out.

Also west is definitely better so I would just login daily to lexis and type in roe v wade and get my points.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:22 pm

chuckbass wrote:
xylocarp wrote:After two and a half weeks, I think I'm a law school slacker tbh. I am definitely not doing all of the things many of my classmates are doing. I'm just kind of reading and that's all.

I think I def would consider myself a law school slacker. It'll work out.

Also west is definitely better so I would just login daily to lexis and type in roe v wade and get my points.
Yeah, I've only been using it for rewards points. I've been typing in whatever comes to mind. Most days it's "search" or "law" or "lunch" or something, but yesterday for some reason without even thinking about it I just searched "death." So there's that.
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm at 2,100, which I thought was pretty good. How many points could a dedicated person expect to have by graduation? If I can get there, the $250 Amazon card seemed like the best value.

DJM

Bronze

Post by DJM » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:

I'm at 2,100, which I thought was pretty good. How many points could a dedicated person expect to have by graduation? If I can get there, the $250 Amazon card seemed like the best value.
What are the strategies to getting maximum points? Just logging in and searching random things everyday? is there a max? I've been using lexis not west

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:31 pm

DJM wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:

What are the strategies to getting maximum points? Just logging in and searching random things everyday? is there a max? I've been using lexis not west
They do a lot of special promotional crap where you can win bonus points, and that stuff has been the most useful. I've missed about five days of daily searches, to be honest.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
DJM wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:

They do a lot of special promotional crap where you can win bonus points, and that stuff has been the most useful. I've missed about five days of daily searches, to be honest.
Yeah those quizzes and such are easy too with the hints. Also sometimes whoever tables for lex might be giving out stuff at school that day or something. But yeah I think once you guys get into it you'll have a pretty good idea why lexis has to have this whole points program anyways.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote: I see you learned how to flowchart from Lindsay Lohan too!
I like you.
You might want to hold off on that judgment until you witness my performance during a socratic exchange in Civ Pro. I plan to highjack the class with irrelevant Keanu Reeves quotes/references. John Wick, B&TEA, and A Walk In the Clouds are in my queue. Those should give me enough of a genre mix to keep the prof on his toes.
RCSOB657 wrote:I'm also trying to open up more with my classmates. 1 for 3 on dates. Just got back from a bar actually.
Good for you! The more you try, the easier it should become. I suggest staying at the bar later than 12:30 AM. The real magic happens sometime after 2 AM...

I had to pace myself, in Columbus now going bar hopping gay and normal bars with a couple classmates and a bunch of OSU randoms.

FuturePanhandler

Silver

Post by FuturePanhandler » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:14 pm

You nerds that care nothing about football have such an advantage.

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:10 am

Great. TIL about legal-search rewards points. As if gaming Bing's dysfunctional search engine on daily basis wasn't enough, now I'm going to (read HAVE TO) login to Lexis every day. Add in the fact that I am way behind, and I'm looking at a full-time job. I may as well drop out now since there is no way I can make up rewards ground AND learn the law.

Being a rewards junkie isn't easy...
RCSOB657 wrote: I had to pace myself, in Columbus now going bar hopping gay and normal bars with a couple classmates and a bunch of OSU randoms.
There you go! Keep this up until 2 or 3, an you're bound to "relate" to your classmates!
FuturePanhandler wrote:You nerds that care nothing about football have such an advantage.
What if I'm a nerd who cares about football? Does that put me at a disadvantage, or am I neutral?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”