(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 pm
af0890 wrote:I know this question comes up all the time and is very hard to answer, but my request to extend the NYU deposit deadline today was denied, and I have to decide in the next few hours if I want to go to NYU or Columbia. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.
I got more money at NYU, but not that much more--$35k difference between the two scholarships. I definitely want to do NYC biglaw. I live uptown and probably want to stay in my apartment, don't want to live in student housing. I'm a few years out of school and want to meet new people, but I have plenty of friends in NYC and don't want to be partying with law school people every weekend. I think I like the idea of a smaller school, because I went somewhere big for undergrad. I appealed my scholarship to NYU and was denied, and I have an appeal out to Columbia--hoping the increased scholarship from NYU might motivate them. The ridiculously expensive deposit at NYU is really scaring me into not double-depositing. Have to decide to deposit or not by EOD.
Any advice would be so appreciated! I know most people will just say to follow the money, but my gut is kind of telling me Columbia.
Why do you need to make this decision today? Both schools' deposit deadlines are May 1st.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest