SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Where are you going to live?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Uptown
3
30%
The Village
0
No votes
Lower Greenville
1
10%
Within one mile from campus
2
20%
Other (please specify)
4
40%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
BigCityDreams
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby BigCityDreams » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Thanks!

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon May 04, 2015 1:40 am

any updates?

thenorth
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:24 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby thenorth » Thu May 07, 2015 9:31 am

Depending on what you're looking for in terms housing experience, there are a few other, independently owned complexes that are very close to the law school -- literally within view of the school itself, in some cases -- that empty out during the summer and seem to be renting for about $1800-2200 for 2bd 2ba. The time and money and stress saved from avoiding sitting in traffic may be worth any premium.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby ilikebaseball » Tue May 12, 2015 5:53 pm

2nd deposit paid for... in

User avatar
TX_UH
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby TX_UH » Wed May 13, 2015 3:27 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:2nd deposit paid for... in

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed May 13, 2015 3:33 pm

if this thread was more active I'd add another poll lol

User avatar
TX_UH
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby TX_UH » Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:if this thread was more active I'd add another poll lol


A poll might actually help

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed May 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Mario kart won the last poll with super smash and Mario party tied for 2nd

NEWWWWWW POLLLLLLLL

Where are you going to live? Did you get a good deal? How did you find it? Roommates?

I chose other. My family owns a 2 bdrm condo at 635/75. Looking like I'm going to live there to start off because of the price. About a 10 minute drive to campus.

User avatar
TX_UH
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby TX_UH » Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Good poll!

As of now, it looks like I might be living in one of the fraternity houses as their resident advisor (free rent, no roommate, and 15 meals/week). If that doesn't pan out though, I'm looking at the village as a contingency.

User avatar
AshleySchaefferBMW
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby AshleySchaefferBMW » Thu May 14, 2015 8:14 am

TX_UH wrote:Good poll!

As of now, it looks like I might be living in one of the fraternity houses as their resident advisor (free rent, no roommate, and 15 meals/week). If that doesn't pan out though, I'm looking at the village as a contingency.


I was going to consider this as well. It's definitely a great option.

User avatar
TX_UH
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby TX_UH » Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 am

Yeah. I'm still a little worried about undergrads banging on my door in the middle of the night though haha

rmcmanus
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby rmcmanus » Thu May 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Deposit in. I am leaning towards living within a mile or so of campus as opposed to being closer to uptown.

User avatar
p1921
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby p1921 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:07 pm

2nd deposit in as well.. looking forward to the fall!

User avatar
BigCityDreams
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby BigCityDreams » Fri May 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Deposit paid! Excited for the Fall

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri May 15, 2015 12:21 pm

don't forget about the poll guys! Stick around here, but I expect things to sorta heat up starting in the next few weeks

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby starry eyed » Sun May 17, 2015 10:16 am

withdrawn guys, i didn't feel like competing with you home grown dallasians for jerbs lol

User avatar
TX_UH
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby TX_UH » Tue May 19, 2015 3:25 pm

starry eyed wrote:withdrawn guys, i didn't feel like competing with you home grown dallasians for jerbs lol


Sorry to hear that, Starry.

Where did you decide to attend instead?

User avatar
BigCityDreams
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby BigCityDreams » Tue May 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Anyone planning to go to the event on the 5th?

rmcmanus
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby rmcmanus » Wed May 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Unfortunately i will not be able to attend due to another trip i have planned that weekend. I really wish i was able to though.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed May 20, 2015 2:18 pm

I'm at the beach all summer so I won't be therea

rmcmanus
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby rmcmanus » Wed May 20, 2015 2:42 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:I'm at the beach all summer so I won't be therea

The struggle sounds real. ha

justinhanahs
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:37 am

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby justinhanahs » Thu May 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm surprised that the village hasn't got any vote yet :shock:

User avatar
p1921
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby p1921 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:44 pm

justinhanahs wrote:I'm surprised that the village hasn't got any vote yet :shock:


I looked at the village and found it to be overpriced (for a one bedroom at least). I found a cheaper apartment that was much larger by going a little farther out from campus. There are a lot of advantages to being near campus/bars/etc, I just preferred saving money and driving a bit more. I also don't go out much, so that wasn't a huge consideration for me.

User avatar
BigCityDreams
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby BigCityDreams » Thu May 28, 2015 11:43 pm

p1921 wrote:
justinhanahs wrote:I'm surprised that the village hasn't got any vote yet :shock:


I looked at the village and found it to be overpriced (for a one bedroom at least). I found a cheaper apartment that was much larger by going a little farther out from campus. There are a lot of advantages to being near campus/bars/etc, I just preferred saving money and driving a bit more. I also don't go out much, so that wasn't a huge consideration for me.


Would you mind sharing the area you looked in to find cheaper places?

User avatar
p1921
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: SMU Dedman Law Class of 2018

Postby p1921 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:08 am

BigCityDreams wrote:
p1921 wrote:
justinhanahs wrote:I'm surprised that the village hasn't got any vote yet :shock:


I looked at the village and found it to be overpriced (for a one bedroom at least). I found a cheaper apartment that was much larger by going a little farther out from campus. There are a lot of advantages to being near campus/bars/etc, I just preferred saving money and driving a bit more. I also don't go out much, so that wasn't a huge consideration for me.


Would you mind sharing the area you looked in to find cheaper places?


From what I saw, prices dropped a lot once you got outside of 635. I do have a toll tag though, so I'll be able to avoid 75 and the traffic that comes with that by using DNT most of the time. Send me a PM if you want more details.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest