Notre Dame Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Bilka
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Bilka » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:32 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
Bilka wrote:Sat in on a property class this week - some guy was playing age of empires for an hour. Why even go to class?


lol, it used to be Candy Crush Saga. Probably show up to class just in case the prof calls on him.



I visited the Overlook and they are full. The Foundry is almost at capacity - I was under the impression they were furnished apartments, but I guess not. Do you know of any full furnished apartments around ND?

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:02 am

Bilka wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
Bilka wrote:Sat in on a property class this week - some guy was playing age of empires for an hour. Why even go to class?


lol, it used to be Candy Crush Saga. Probably show up to class just in case the prof calls on him.



I visited the Overlook and they are full. The Foundry is almost at capacity - I was under the impression they were furnished apartments, but I guess not. Do you know of any full furnished apartments around ND?


Hmm, I know the Foundry is not furnished, not sure about Overlook. I don't have much leads on furnished apartments, I know people have some success with Craiglists at times.

bob311
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby bob311 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:31 am

Is there a Facebook group?

User avatar
prodigal.daughter
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby prodigal.daughter » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:27 am

bob311 wrote:Is there a Facebook group?

Not that I've been able to find.

mu13ski
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby mu13ski » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Bilka wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
Bilka wrote:Sat in on a property class this week - some guy was playing age of empires for an hour. Why even go to class?


lol, it used to be Candy Crush Saga. Probably show up to class just in case the prof calls on him.



I visited the Overlook and they are full. The Foundry is almost at capacity - I was under the impression they were furnished apartments, but I guess not. Do you know of any full furnished apartments around ND?



I'm a big proponent of living in Fischer. On campus. Cheapest rent. Everything included. Fully furnished.

User avatar
Mozart Lacrimosa
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Mozart Lacrimosa » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Can we sign up for Fischer as late as June? Or does it fill up usually? Not trying to be homeless

mu13ski
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby mu13ski » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Mozart Lacrimosa wrote:Can we sign up for Fischer as late as June? Or does it fill up usually? Not trying to be homeless



Not sure how late Fisher fills up. Or if it even does fill up completely. If you shoot Housing an email, they may be able to help

User avatar
Mozart Lacrimosa
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Mozart Lacrimosa » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Rad, thanks muski

mu13ski
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby mu13ski » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Mozart Lacrimosa wrote:Rad, thanks muski



Yeah sorry I don't have a definite answer. I signed up for Fisher in late April/Early May, but that was before the Overlook and before they decided to shut down O'Hara-Grace. So I'm not sure how things have changed since then.

Wingtip88
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Wingtip88 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Withdrawing. Had a large scholarship and hopefully this will allow the school to help some of you out a little more. I would sure as hell ask. Cheers!

thomch05
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby thomch05 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:24 pm

I put my deposit down last week. Just today, a school that I withdrew from (t-50) that is also located in my target region bumped me to a full-ride. Do you think it would be worth it to contact ND about this and ask for more $.

Wingtip88
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Wingtip88 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:26 pm

It's always worth it to ask for more money. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

User avatar
UOI4430
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby UOI4430 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:53 pm

So I am set to join Notre Dame in the fall. I had a scholly of $135,000 which was upped to $150,000 when I did the merit award appeal. I was hoping they would offer me a full guaranteed scholarship. Is it still worth it to ask that they increase my award the extra 5-6K? I don't mean to be ungrateful, but every cent matters when you are playing the loan game.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:59 pm

UOI4430 wrote:So I am set to join Notre Dame in the fall. I had a scholly of $135,000 which was upped to $150,000 when I did the merit award appeal. I was hoping they would offer me a full guaranteed scholarship. Is it still worth it to ask that they increase my award the extra 5-6K? I don't mean to be ungrateful, but every cent matters when you are playing the loan game.


Woah, a full ride is almost unheard of at ND. Congrat and good luck.

User avatar
UOI4430
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby UOI4430 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:20 pm

^^^ Thanks, friend. I don't know if it is a good idea to ask though. I don't want to seem rude/ungrateful to the school I am definitely going to.

User avatar
Calbears123
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Calbears123 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:58 am

With all the money ND is handing out this year I wonder what the medians are going to look like. I'm at last years 50% for GPA and LSAT and according to LSN I should feel extremely lucky I got accepted.

User avatar
Mozart Lacrimosa
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Mozart Lacrimosa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:22 pm

prediction: ND jumps ahead in the rankings and knocks gtown out of t14. You heard it hear first.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Mozart Lacrimosa wrote:prediction: ND jumps ahead in the rankings and knocks gtown out of t14. You heard it hear first.


lol, I'd be quite happy if we break into top 20 one day.

User avatar
Mozart Lacrimosa
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Mozart Lacrimosa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:46 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
Mozart Lacrimosa wrote:prediction: ND jumps ahead in the rankings and knocks gtown out of t14. You heard it hear first.


lol, I'd be quite happy if we break into top 20 one day.


Could definitely happen soon. I'm not up on how the usnews calculates rankings but with ND's small class size I think their well positioned to maintain or improve their numbers in the future if they chose. But there are other priorities like character and being a Catholic school that attract some candidates and turn others off.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Mozart Lacrimosa wrote:Could definitely happen soon. I'm not up on how the usnews calculates rankings but with ND's small class size I think their well positioned to maintain or improve their numbers in the future if they chose. But there are other priorities like character and being a Catholic school that attract some candidates and turn others off.


We've been floating up and down around upper 20s in the last decade, so it will definitely be a big step if we actually break into top 20.

User avatar
Mozart Lacrimosa
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Mozart Lacrimosa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:58 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
Mozart Lacrimosa wrote:Could definitely happen soon. I'm not up on how the usnews calculates rankings but with ND's small class size I think their well positioned to maintain or improve their numbers in the future if they chose. But there are other priorities like character and being a Catholic school that attract some candidates and turn others off.


We've been floating up and down around upper 20s in the last decade, so it will definitely be a big step if we actually break into top 20.


ITE anything is possible.. Rankings are stupid anyway. What really matters is football.

thomch05
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby thomch05 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:59 pm

ND's employment numbers should certainly make it a contender for the t20.

User avatar
Mozart Lacrimosa
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Mozart Lacrimosa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:58 pm

I think employment is not a huge category for the usnews ranking. But for other rankings like AboveTheLaw ND is already in the t20

thomch05
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby thomch05 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:29 pm

ya, I don't think it really factors in that much at all.

User avatar
Calbears123
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2018

Postby Calbears123 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:44 pm

ND probably needs to improve their peer review if they want to break into the top 20. Which is the only way I can explain why the Golden Gophers are ranked higher than the Irish




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest