When are you quitting your full-time job for school?

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

When are you quitting your full time job?

April
1%
May
12%
June
21%
July
41%
August
20%
I literally can't stand one more minute so RIGHT NOW
4%

Total votes: 137

Gray

Re: When are you quitting your full-time job for school?

Postby Gray » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:Have worked a literal 10 minutes today and otherwise just browsed TLS. When can I stop coming again? :lol:

This has been my daily routine for past two eight weeks months.

Yeah it's been fuck this shit o'clock for a while now in Gray's office

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm

It's also my 3 or 4th time posting in here. I decided to quit on June 26 although I could have quit in early May if I wanted to, but thought I'd have nothing to do all summer... but now I think a whole summer off would be nice haha...

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:42 pm

fisheatbananas wrote:It's also my 3 or 4th time posting in here. I decided to quit on June 26 although I could have quit in early May if I wanted to, but thought I'd have nothing to do all summer... but now I think a whole summer off would be nice haha...

It gets old after about a month of nothing to do. I took a couple months between UG and work.

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:00 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:It's also my 3 or 4th time posting in here. I decided to quit on June 26 although I could have quit in early May if I wanted to, but thought I'd have nothing to do all summer... but now I think a whole summer off would be nice haha...

It gets old after about a month of nothing to do. I took a couple months between UG and work.

I hope you are right and I just successfully avoided several months of being bored. I'll never know the alternative haha. I'll be traveling and visiting family in July but maybe have a bit of time to do nothing. How did youf fill your time during those couple months?

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:03 pm

fisheatbananas wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:

I hope you are right and I just successfully avoided several months of being bored. I'll never know the alternative haha. I'll be traveling and visiting family in July but maybe have a bit of time to do nothing. How did youf fill your time during those couple months?

I graduated in December so Christmas, then Christmas 5 hours away with my boyfriends family, then home to trade cars with my gpa, then 5 hours up and back to pick up a puppy, then 5 hours back down to the boyfriends. That was graduation to mid January. The rest was just lounging around and reading. I think I read like 6 or 7 books. Fiction. Stupid stuff. But it was nice to be able to read what I wanted to for a change.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm

I actually took up an internship on the beach (not really something I'm interested in, but get paid to live on the beach? Fuck ya). Not sure if its a full-time sort of job though.

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:43 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:

I graduated in December so Christmas, then Christmas 5 hours away with my boyfriends family, then home to trade cars with my gpa, then 5 hours up and back to pick up a puppy, then 5 hours back down to the boyfriends. That was graduation to mid January. The rest was just lounging around and reading. I think I read like 6 or 7 books. Fiction. Stupid stuff. But it was nice to be able to read what I wanted to for a change.

So you were pretty busy around the holidays and a bit after, then go to relax. Sounds nice but I can also see how it'd become boring after too long

fisheatbananas

Postby fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:44 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:I actually took up an internship on the beach (not really something I'm interested in, but get paid to live on the beach? Fuck ya). Not sure if its a full-time sort of job though.

Damn well you were working anyways, might as well be at the beach than in an office... nice

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Wed May 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Just a month ago I pegged July 17th...I've since whittled it down to June 1st. No regrets.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 10:00 am

CaptainJapan wrote:Just a month ago I pegged July 17th...I've since whittled it down to June 1st. No regrets.

Jeaaaloussss

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Thu May 07, 2015 12:18 pm

The "RIGHT NOW" poll option was remarkably prescient on my part, because I managed to kick my end date up from July all the way to May 15! So excited/terrified/thrilled/vomiting!!!!

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 07, 2015 12:26 pm

tuxedocat wrote:The "RIGHT NOW" poll option was remarkably prescient on my part, because I managed to kick my end date up from July all the way to May 15! So excited/terrified/thrilled/vomiting!!!!

Congrats! Enjoy the funemployment!

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Every day this week I have had to force myself not to quit.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu May 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu May 07, 2015 3:34 pm

tuxedocat wrote:The "RIGHT NOW" poll option was remarkably prescient on my part, because I managed to kick my end date up from July all the way to May 15! So excited/terrified/thrilled/vomiting!!!!

Cheers

Username123

Postby Username123 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:35 pm

It has become increasingly more difficult to get out of bed for work in the morning.

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm

congrats, good for you - so jealous

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Hand wrote:

yeah srsly this

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:

yeah srsly this

another person got fired here yesterday; happy for my bank account it wasn't me, but otherwise...

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu May 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Hand wrote:another person got fired here yesterday; happy for my bank account it wasn't me, but otherwise...

Hand would you not get...severance?

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 3:57 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
Hand wrote:another person got fired here yesterday; happy for my bank account it wasn't me, but otherwise...

not if fired with cause, I don't think? And knowing Hand it would definitely be for something creepy.,

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Thu May 07, 2015 4:00 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:

I think that would require an amptutation.

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 4:05 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:

Nah don't think so, at-will employment FTW

Not even sure I'd get unemployment benefits as a permanent resident but fortunately I haven't had to verify that

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Gray wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:

not if fired with cause, I don't think? And knowing Hand it would definitely be for something creepy.,

ahaha "fired with cause" you must be a foreigner!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”