TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
bubbles139
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby bubbles139 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Looks like I'll be joining Laws at USC (:

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby xylocarp » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:14 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:UVA

Looking forward to seeing y'all there! My fiancee wants to meet xylo, despite the fact that I told her that isn't how this works. I can imagine her walking around North Grounds accosting random law students and asking them "are you Xylocarp?!" Should be a hoot.

Hooray, UVA! And I'd be down for a TLS meet-up in Charlottesville. I've already met gray's husband and rigo's imaginary boyfriend so it's pretty much nbd.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Hand » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Gray wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:UVA

Looking forward to seeing y'all there! My fiancee wants to meet xylo, despite the fact that I told her that isn't how this works. I can imagine her walking around North Grounds accosting random law students and asking them "are you Xylocarp?!" Should be a hoot.

Xylo should take this opportunity to PW.


24 posts and already their fiancee wants to leave them for xyloderp. Must be some hardcore lurking going on in that household

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby TasmanianToucan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:UVA

Looking forward to seeing y'all there! My fiancee wants to meet xylo, despite the fact that I told her that isn't how this works. I can imagine her walking around North Grounds accosting random law students and asking them "are you Xylocarp?!" Should be a hoot.

Xylo should take this opportunity to PW.


24 posts and already their fiancee wants to leave them for xyloderp. Must be some hardcore lurking going on in that household

Yup. I don't say much online and she's dead silent. We're talking about a girl who has been lurking on reddit for over a year now and is currently working up the courage for a first post after finding a funny sign somewhere.

Xylo, I'm down for TLS meetup in C-Ville. Let me know.

User avatar
nosocat
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby nosocat » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:41 pm

.
Last edited by nosocat on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:05 pm

bubbles139 wrote:Looks like I'll be joining Laws at USC (:


:lol:
Congrats on your decision, bubblez !!

User avatar
ellewoods817
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby ellewoods817 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:13 pm

I'll be going to Texas!

User avatar
ms2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby ms2014 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Harvard for me!

After months of uncertainty, it feels amazing to finally make a decision and know where I'm headed! :D

midwestlawl
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:19 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby midwestlawl » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Iowa for me! Rural Midwest born and raised and is just a good fit for me.

Congrats to everybody who has finally decided, and thanks to TLS for all the awesome advice throughout this process.

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby smile0751 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:51 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:UVA

Looking forward to seeing y'all there! My fiancee wants to meet xylo, despite the fact that I told her that isn't how this works. I can imagine her walking around North Grounds accosting random law students and asking them "are you Xylocarp?!" Should be a hoot.

Xylo should take this opportunity to PW.


24 posts and already their fiancee wants to leave them for xyloderp. Must be some hardcore lurking going on in that household

Yup. I don't say much online and she's dead silent. We're talking about a girl who has been lurking on reddit for over a year now and is currently working up the courage for a first post after finding a funny sign somewhere.

Xylo, I'm down for TLS meetup in C-Ville. Let me know.


I want to join the CVille meet up!! My fiancé secretly follows TLS, and then once he started posting... He got perma-banned by Xylo within 3 posts. Lol. He still lurks though.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:52 pm

smile0751 wrote:
He got perma-banned by Xylo within 3 posts.


ljl

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Rigo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
smile0751 wrote:He got perma-banned by Xylo within 3 posts.

ljl

:lol:
This meetup is going places.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:54 pm

I vote the UVA meetup happens in DC so that GULC can come. 3 hours away but w/e

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby xylocarp » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm

smile0751 wrote:I want to join the CVille meet up!! My fiancé secretly follows TLS, and then once he started posting... He got perma-banned by Xylo within 3 posts. Lol. He still lurks though.

He was harassing a well-liked poster (you) and I just won't have that behavior. He can make another account if he wants haha.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby xylocarp » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Gray wrote:I vote the UVA meetup happens in DC so that GULC can come. 3 hours away but w/e

No, we hate you

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Rigo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Gray wrote:I vote the UVA meetup happens in DC so that GULC can come. 3 hours away but w/e

Let's take Culpepper by storm.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Gray wrote:I vote the UVA meetup happens in DC so that GULC can come. 3 hours away but w/e

No, we hate you

Image
Last edited by Gray on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby smile0751 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:20 pm

xylocarp wrote:
smile0751 wrote:I want to join the CVille meet up!! My fiancé secretly follows TLS, and then once he started posting... He got perma-banned by Xylo within 3 posts. Lol. He still lurks though.

He was harassing a well-liked poster (you) and I just won't have that behavior. He can make another account if he wants haha.


Hahaha, I found it hilarious and he totally deserved it. He had learned a little too well from all the TLS a-holes.

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Rigo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Let me tell you something about Xylo. We were best friends IRL and rekindled in waiters. :| I know right, it's so embarrassing. I don’t even…whatever. So then, after scores were released, I started going out with my first boyfriend, who was totally gorgeous but then he decided to retake in June 2015--and Xylo was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like if I would blow her off to skype with him, she'd be like "Why didn't you answer my pm?!" and I'd be like, "Uh, why are you so obsessed with me?" So then I created a Facebook group, which was an all c/o 2018 party, I was like, "Xylo, I can't invite you because you're a k-jd beta." I mean, I couldn't have a beta at my party! There were going to be alpha applicants with work experience there sharing their personal statements! I mean right, she was a beta! So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her and it was so retarded and then she started reporting my threads to the mods because no one would talk to her in them, and she pw'd after a few weeks and her hair was all cut off and she was totally weird and now I guess she's on crack and now a mod herself.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:30 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:I can't believe that it's finally over...but I just deposited at NYU! Can't wait to move to The Village :)


Blades, congrats !! Sorry I couldn't persuade you, but you've made a great choice. Have fun you!

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:32 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:I can't believe that it's finally over...but I just deposited at NYU! Can't wait to move to The Village :)

ETA: How much do I have to post to get one of those spiffy little icons for my name?

500! almost there, get posting!

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:42 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
Gray wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:I can't believe that it's finally over...but I just deposited at NYU! Can't wait to move to The Village :)

ETA: How much do I have to post to get one of those spiffy little icons for my name?

500! almost there, get posting!


Definitely doable tonight.

NYU is definitely short on posters so hurry.

JK the master file is on my work computer so you have until monday!




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest