TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:59 am

storpappa wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:Hey Gray nbd but could you move me from WUSTTTL to GeorgeTTTown ty

(hello from Montana, my butt butte hurts)

Sorry guys, I missed a really solid pun when I originally posted this. Fixed now.

Image


:lol:

secadc11
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby secadc11 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Hey Gray, requesting a change from Duke to Chicago!

User avatar
aharri79
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby aharri79 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Destination is officially USC!

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Winston1984 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:40 pm

secadc11 wrote:Hey Gray, requesting a change from Duke to Chicago!

Congrats!

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:56 pm

aharri79 wrote:Destination is officially USC!


Congratulations, aharri !!

User avatar
aharri79
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby aharri79 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:38 pm

LawsRUs wrote:
aharri79 wrote:Destination is officially USC!


Congratulations, aharri !!



Thank you, thank you!!! See ya soon :D

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:41 pm

secadc11 wrote:Hey Gray, requesting a change from Duke to Chicago!


Congrats!!!

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2255
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:26 pm

usn26 wrote:Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.


Congrats USN!

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:29 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
usn26 wrote:Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.


Congrats USN!


Thanks Bortles.

Choosing sucks. I botched the everloving !#%#*$# out of this cycle. Oh well. I can enjoy being a hoya lawya.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:34 pm

usn26 wrote:Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.

BZ ... even though I know Gray was considering demanding that Andy take me or she won't go, I know you will have me there in spirit and send me a sweatshirt XXL, on Orientation day as a momento of our time here on TLS.....

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Hand » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 pm

usn26 wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
usn26 wrote:Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.


Congrats USN!


Thanks Bortles.

Choosing sucks. I botched the everloving !#%#*$# out of this cycle. Oh well. I can enjoy being a hoya lawya.

Welcome to the club!

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Hand » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:45 pm

storpappa wrote:
usn26 wrote:Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.

BZ ... even though I know Gray was considering demanding that Andy take me or she won't go, I know you will have me there in spirit and send me a sweatshirt XXL, on Orientation day as a momento of our time here on TLS.....

#never4get #storpappa

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Hand wrote:
storpappa wrote:
usn26 wrote:Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.

BZ ... even though I know Gray was considering demanding that Andy take me or she won't go, I know you will have me there in spirit and send me a sweatshirt XXL, on Orientation day as a momento of our time here on TLS.....

#never4get #storpappa


We'll burn a candle on the lawn in your honor

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Hand wrote:#never4get #storpappa

This seems to go with your hashtags intent ...
Image

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby TasmanianToucan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:55 pm

usn26 wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
usn26 wrote:Put me down for Georgetown.

Time has come to cull the list and get some good karma.


Congrats USN!


Thanks Bortles.

Choosing sucks. I botched the everloving !#%#*$# out of this cycle. Oh well. I can enjoy being a hoya lawya.

Nonsense. UVA will get its act together and admit you, and then you can hang with me and Xylo.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:58 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:Nonsense. UVA will get its act together and admit you, and then you can hang with me and Xylo.


Yeah… you should see the last email I just got:

We’re still spending some time analyzing what our waitlist needs might be during the next couple of weeks or so — but the way things are trending, any waitlist activity we have this summer seems like it will be on the lighter-than-normal side. We’ve had years where we’ve taken twenty percent of the class from the waitlist. I can tell you — based on professional judgment — this isn’t likely to be a year like that.



But … we actually do want to admit a few people from the waitlist — that’s our aim. That means, folks should not believe there is no shot — but knowing the number likely would be limited, I also have no room to be greatly encouraging to a large number of people, either.


Not holding my breath

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby TasmanianToucan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:02 pm

usn26 wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Nonsense. UVA will get its act together and admit you, and then you can hang with me and Xylo.


Yeah… you should see the last email I just got:

We’re still spending some time analyzing what our waitlist needs might be during the next couple of weeks or so — but the way things are trending, any waitlist activity we have this summer seems like it will be on the lighter-than-normal side. We’ve had years where we’ve taken twenty percent of the class from the waitlist. I can tell you — based on professional judgment — this isn’t likely to be a year like that.



But … we actually do want to admit a few people from the waitlist — that’s our aim. That means, folks should not believe there is no shot — but knowing the number likely would be limited, I also have no room to be greatly encouraging to a large number of people, either.


Not holding my breath

Ugh. The work "folks" should have no place in an admissions email containing that kind of news.

(In case you're reading and can out me, Cordell, know that I say this with love.)

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:03 pm

usn26 wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Nonsense. UVA will get its act together and admit you, and then you can hang with me and Xylo.


Yeah… you should see the last email I just got:

We’re still spending some time analyzing what our waitlist needs might be during the next couple of weeks or so — but the way things are trending, any waitlist activity we have this summer seems like it will be on the lighter-than-normal side. We’ve had years where we’ve taken twenty percent of the class from the waitlist. I can tell you — based on professional judgment — this isn’t likely to be a year like that.



But … we actually do want to admit a few people from the waitlist — that’s our aim. That means, folks should not believe there is no shot — but knowing the number likely would be limited, I also have no room to be greatly encouraging to a large number of people, either.


Not holding my breath


Dean Spivey
Dean SPivey
Dean SPivey

if you say his name three times he shows up. Those types of emails with very small or no WL movement isn't what was predicted

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:05 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:Ugh. The work "folks" should have no place in an admissions email containing that kind of news.

(In case you're reading and can out me, Cordell, know that I say this with love.)


I don't believe there's no shot - I'm just not greatly encouraged. So mission freaking accomplished on the email :lol: (Anyone who's followed UVA's admissions practices could have told you the substance of that email in March lol)

One L in Cordel, though Toucan. He might out you for that :twisted:

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby TasmanianToucan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:06 pm

usn26 wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Ugh. The work "folks" should have no place in an admissions email containing that kind of news.

(In case you're reading and can out me, Cordell, know that I say this with love.)


I don't believe there's no shot - I'm just not greatly encouraged. So mission freaking accomplished on the email :lol: (Anyone who's followed UVA's admissions practices could have told you the substance of that email in March lol)

One L in Cordel, though Toucan. He might out you for that :twisted:

Well now that you've quoted me that mistake should be easy to fix... :evil:

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby usn26 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:19 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
usn26 wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Ugh. The work "folks" should have no place in an admissions email containing that kind of news.

(In case you're reading and can out me, Cordell, know that I say this with love.)


I don't believe there's no shot - I'm just not greatly encouraged. So mission freaking accomplished on the email :lol: (Anyone who's followed UVA's admissions practices could have told you the substance of that email in March lol)

One L in Cordel, though Toucan. He might out you for that :twisted:

Well now that you've quoted me that mistake should be easy to fix... :evil:


Always looking out for you, bud.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:24 pm

usn26 wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Well now that you've quoted me that mistake should be easy to fix... :evil:


Always looking out for you, bud.

Image

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby adil91 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Attending Vandy 8)

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Big Red » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:01 pm

adil91 wrote:Attending Vandy 8)


BOOOOOOOOOOOM




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest