TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:18 am

zaetoroftheprotoss wrote:Btw, I think it's just BerkeleyLaw instead of UC Berkeley Law.

IDK, US News has it as University of California—​Berkeley.

ETA - Also, take it up with the c/o 2018 page: UC Berkeley (Boalt Hall) Law Class of 2018
Last edited by Gray on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

checkin2014
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:53 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby checkin2014 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am

Will be attending NU :D .
Or not going to law school at all.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am

checkin2014 wrote:Will be attending NU :D .
Or not going to law school at all.

I'll put you under NU!

checkin2014
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:53 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby checkin2014 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:23 am

Gray wrote:
checkin2014 wrote:Will be attending NU :D .
Or not going to law school at all.

I'll put you under NU!

Thanks Gray!

zaetoroftheprotoss
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby zaetoroftheprotoss » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 am

Gray wrote:
zaetoroftheprotoss wrote:Btw, I think it's just BerkeleyLaw instead of UC Berkeley Law.

IDK, US News has it as University of California—​Berkeley.

ETA - Also, take it up with the c/o 2018 page: UC Berkeley (Boalt Hall) Law Class of 2018


Haha touche on that, but the official moniker is BerkeleyLaw :). It's part of a recent rebranding strategy on the part of Cal to leverage the Berkeley reputation in the names of its professional schools (e.g., BerkeleyHaas (b-school), Berkeley Optometry, etc)

User avatar
LoganCouture
Posts: 1407
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby LoganCouture » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Gray wrote:
zaetoroftheprotoss wrote:Btw, I think it's just BerkeleyLaw instead of UC Berkeley Law.

IDK, US News has it as University of California—​Berkeley.

ETA - Also, take it up with the c/o 2018 page: UC Berkeley (Boalt Hall) Law Class of 2018


I think Berkeley Law is their new preferred short form/nickname (moving away from Boalt Hall), but the official name of the school remains University of California, Berkeley School of Law.

Source: It's what's on their mail.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:47 pm

LC do you know where you're going yet?

jduggy
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:59 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby jduggy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:47 pm

tagging

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby North » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:54 pm

hereisonehand wrote:those banners are ugggggly, and i'm sure gray can do better

Uhhhhhhhh.

User avatar
LoganCouture
Posts: 1407
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby LoganCouture » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Gray wrote:LC do you know where you're going yet?


Not yet! Still waiting on Stanford's financial aid offer and all the ASWs I'm attending are in April so I'm a solid month away from deciding.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby chuckbass » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:59 pm

North wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:those banners are ugggggly, and i'm sure gray can do better

Uhhhhhhhh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol I was looking out for you bb, these little ones have no value for history apparently.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby North » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:08 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
North wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:those banners are ugggggly, and i'm sure gray can do better

Uhhhhhhhh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol I was looking out for you bb, these little ones have no value for history apparently.

TY scotti Image

I mean if gray Image wants to kill a 3 year's running TLS TRADITION and not use the banners that's on him I guess. smh.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Added UT, UCLA and Vandy! Next additions will have to be added to the map as well.

I was thinking of just colour coding poster names instead of adding the little banners because kind of clash with the design? I didn't realize this was a tradition ...

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby North » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 pm

You've got to give the people what they want brother, and the people want flair. Every year since the advent of srs business Class Of Threads (2016), posters have invariably loved the little banners.

edit: with regard to style, just throw them into the program you're using and round off the edges and add the navy outline

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby chuckbass » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

North wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
North wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:those banners are ugggggly, and i'm sure gray can do better

Uhhhhhhhh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol I was looking out for you bb, these little ones have no value for history apparently.

TY scotti Image

I mean if gray Image wants to kill a 3 year's running TLS TRADITION and not use the banners that's on him I guess. smh.

Excuse me I added a ~gold~ banner do you not pay attention?

User avatar
xael
Posts: 7549
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby xael » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:41 pm

would it be even 10% believable to put me under cls c/o 2018 at this point?

User avatar
nosocat
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby nosocat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 pm

North wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:those banners are ugggggly, and i'm sure gray can do better

Uhhhhhhhh.

Did someone tell you your banners were being insulted in this thread? Or did you come across this information on your own?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Rigo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Let gray do her thang. Typical men trying to CONTROL her!!!

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby xylocarp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:56 pm

xael wrote:would it be even 10% believable to put me under cls c/o 2018 at this point?

why wouldn't it be believable? did you get a better scholarship to NYU? what are you doing for your 0L summer btw?

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:58 pm

E: Feel like I missed the joke.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:58 pm

xylocarp wrote:
xael wrote:would it be even 10% believable to put me under cls c/o 2018 at this point?

why wouldn't it be believable? did you get a better scholarship to NYU? what are you doing for your 0L summer btw?

Welcome to TLS! Have you been introduced to the lounge yet?

User avatar
xael
Posts: 7549
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby xael » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Gray wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
xael wrote:would it be even 10% believable to put me under cls c/o 2018 at this point?

why wouldn't it be believable? did you get a better scholarship to NYU? what are you doing for your 0L summer btw?

Welcome to TLS! Have you been introduced to the lounge yet?


:lol:

(see scotty's thread, xylo)

User avatar
tk17
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby tk17 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Dirigo wrote:Let gray do her thang. Typical men trying to CONTROL her!!!


Also, I never got on the train of doing things the old way just because of "tradition."

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Too bad I want a banner

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: TLS Class of 2018: Destinations

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Too bad I want a banner

It's sort of a moot point until you tell me where you're going anyway.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests