USC (Gould) c/o 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Which doctrinal courses have you been assigned for the Fall term?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:01 pm

(1) Civ Pro, Torts, Contracts
3
30%
(2) Civ Pro, Con Law, Contracts
4
40%
(3) Civ Pro, Torts, Con Law
3
30%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:46 pm

We are at crim law!!

Finalfan
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:31 am

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby Finalfan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:25 pm

How many people were there??

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Finalfan wrote:How many people were there??

I spoke to Dean Reid during the luncheon and she mentioned in passing they had ~200.

Finalfan
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:31 am

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby Finalfan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:38 pm

spencercross wrote:
Finalfan wrote:How many people were there??

I spoke to Dean Reid during the luncheon and she mentioned in passing they had ~200.


Did she mention how many have deposited already?

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:50 pm

Finalfan wrote:
spencercross wrote:
Finalfan wrote:How many people were there??

I spoke to Dean Reid during the luncheon and she mentioned in passing they had ~200.


Did she mention how many have deposited already?

No, sorry. Didn't get into that. If I had to guess from the nature of the event as a whole, I'd say most people in attendance were still deciding or were strongly leaning USC but hadn't actually deposited yet.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:55 pm

spencercross wrote:
Finalfan wrote:
spencercross wrote:
Finalfan wrote:How many people were there??

I spoke to Dean Reid during the luncheon and she mentioned in passing they had ~200.


Did she mention how many have deposited already?

No, sorry. Didn't get into that. If I had to guess from the nature of the event as a whole, I'd say most people in attendance were still deciding.


This was the impression I got also.

Spencer, it was sooo nice meeting you!! You seemed like a really chill student. And good job in Prof. Armour's class today. Your comment was 180.

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:01 pm

LawsRUs wrote:
spencercross wrote:
Finalfan wrote:
spencercross wrote:I spoke to Dean Reid during the luncheon and she mentioned in passing they had ~200.


Did she mention how many have deposited already?

No, sorry. Didn't get into that. If I had to guess from the nature of the event as a whole, I'd say most people in attendance were still deciding.


This was the impression I got also.

Spencer, it was sooo nice meeting you!! You seemed like a really chill student. And good job in Prof. Armour's class today. Your comment was 180.

Aw, shucks! :oops:

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Mec, Blades, mieko, Bruingrad, and spencer--it was really so nice meeting you all today. You all seemed awesome, and I would love to have you all as classmates. Good luck on your deliberation on where to matriculate. I hope we get more money from SC to make our decision easier.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:03 pm

No spencer that was a compliment !!

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Also, where was the rest of you? I couldn't find you!! Looked for you tho.

User avatar
spencercross
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby spencercross » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:13 pm

LawsRUs wrote:Mec, Blades, mieko, Bruingrad, and spencer--it was really so nice meeting you all today. You all seemed awesome, and I would love to have you all as classmates. Good luck on your deliberation on where to matriculate. I hope we get more money from SC to make our decision easier.

+1

I have to say, before now I was definitely interested in USC but I wouldn't say I was excited about them. But they did a stellar job of selling themselves today. They've also been really welcoming and responsive throughout the whole application process and have already given me a generous increase on my original offer... but man, that $30,000 in extra tuition compared to my other options is a tough hurdle. I'm interested to see how Irvine stacks up after tomorrow's ASW.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 pm

spencercross wrote:
LawsRUs wrote:Mec, Blades, mieko, Bruingrad, and spencer--it was really so nice meeting you all today. You all seemed awesome, and I would love to have you all as classmates. Good luck on your deliberation on where to matriculate. I hope we get more money from SC to make our decision easier.

+1

I have to say, before now I was definitely interested in USC but I wouldn't say I was excited about them. But they did a stellar job of selling themselves today. They've also been really welcoming and responsive throughout the whole application process and have already given me a generous increase on my original offer... but man, that $30,000 in extra tuition compared to my other options is a tough hurdle. I'm interested to see how Irvine stacks up after tomorrow's ASW.


Yeah I know. Spencer we talked today about your concerns regarding debt. I know that you said you have to go to a school that will minimize your LS debt. I would love to go to the same school as you, I would actually want to hang out with you as a classmate. Well, pls tell me how UCI is, I'm also admitted to UCI and debating on going tomorrow.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:33 pm

I met someone who has taken advantage of the seat depo initiative but haven't withdrawn from all schools yet. They said that they deposited to get $2,000 for putting in $500, and has no intention of withdrawing. WTF.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Also I met a TLSer whose real name I remember but whose screenname I forget. It was good meeting you too!

Gkmc
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby Gkmc » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:47 pm

*
Last edited by Gkmc on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Gkmc wrote:
Finalfan wrote:"bxaordruosn" and "lumpyspaceprincess" reporting full rides according to LSN.


I'm bxaordruosn on LSN - can confirm. PM for details if interested.


pm-ed, thanks !!

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2015
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby UCLAHopeful2015 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Gkmc wrote:
Finalfan wrote:"bxaordruosn" and "lumpyspaceprincess" reporting full rides according to LSN.


I'm bxaordruosn on LSN - can confirm. PM for details if interested.


Good kid maad city? :idea:

Gkmc
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby Gkmc » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:09 am

*
Last edited by Gkmc on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:33 am

I didn't see you Brojan2015, am very angry :evil:

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:38 am

Finalfan wrote:How many people were there??


Nine people per table at lunch, 22 tables at lunch iirc. Minus 1-2 faculty and admin. at each table. Minus some (0-2) missing people at each table. How many is that? I can't do math. As spencer said, ~200?

Also at lunch, what was that dessert that they fed us? That was the most delicious thing I've tasted.

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2015
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby UCLAHopeful2015 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 am

Gkmc wrote:
UCLAHopeful2015 wrote:
Gkmc wrote:
Finalfan wrote:"bxaordruosn" and "lumpyspaceprincess" reporting full rides according to LSN.


I'm bxaordruosn on LSN - can confirm. PM for details if interested.


Good kid maad city? :idea:


Of course :)


You sir/madam, are infinitely more awesome for it

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2015
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby UCLAHopeful2015 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:58 am

LawsRUs wrote:I didn't see you Brojan2015, am very angry :evil:


Unfortunately didn't stay long, I was so hungry by lunch time I headed home :(

Wish they did this next week so that passover would have passed over

RubyRod
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby RubyRod » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:14 am

spencercross wrote:
Finalfan wrote:
spencercross wrote:
Finalfan wrote:How many people were there??

I spoke to Dean Reid during the luncheon and she mentioned in passing they had ~200.


Did she mention how many have deposited already?

No, sorry. Didn't get into that. If I had to guess from the nature of the event as a whole, I'd say most people in attendance were still deciding or were strongly leaning USC but hadn't actually deposited yet.


They have about 110, shooting for 170ish.

I mentioned how that was their target last year but they wound up with over 200. Reid just said they really were trying to hit that lower number.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby LawsRUs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:39 am

I feel like that means they are going to be stingy with $ for some people. .

RubyRod
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Postby RubyRod » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:45 am

LawsRUs wrote:I feel like that means they are going to be stingy with $ for some people. .


Not at all if those 110 don't help their medians, which is why I think random bumps were issued. If they really want a small class size and better medians they will need to give a lot to the highest ranking admits to lure them in and hit both goals.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest