USC (Gould) c/o 2018 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Which doctrinal courses have you been assigned for the Fall term?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:01 pm

(1) Civ Pro, Torts, Contracts
30%
(2) Civ Pro, Con Law, Contracts
40%
(3) Civ Pro, Torts, Con Law
30%

Total votes: 10

MikeJD

Bronze

Re: USC (Gould) c/o 2018

Post by MikeJD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:00 pm

mec896 wrote:
MikeJD wrote:
LawsRUs wrote:Reading this thread makes me think it's only you and me..

The Facebook has over 160 people and about 5-10 have already committed to USC according to their status if you look.
But NOT ONE ever says anything on it except David Kirschner, which reminds me I needed to email him.

I think that's because most others will probably not attend USC and most others who will are LA locals who know what they need to know in terms of where they will live and so on. I assume the page currently only has at most one third of all the matriculates.

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:50 pm

I just made my seat deposit at a second school that I'm considering. Even though USC is giving me a higher scolly amount, due to the high tuition, this second school comes out to be cheaper :!:

Also, this second school is ranked a little bit higher, and places nationally :idea:

eta: missing word
Last edited by LawsRUs on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HalfStudent

Bronze

Post by HalfStudent » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 pm

LawsRUs wrote:I just made my seat deposit at a second school that I'm considering. Even though USC is giving me a higher scolly amount, due to the high tuition, this second school comes out to be cheaper :!:
Also, this second is ranked a little bit higher, and places nationally :idea:
well most schools have to place "nationally" because they don't have a giant in-state market like USC.

RubyRod

Bronze

Post by RubyRod » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 pm

LawsRUs wrote:I just made my seat deposit at a second school that I'm considering. Even though USC is giving me a higher scolly amount, due to the high tuition, this second school comes out to be cheaper :!:

Also, this second is ranked a little bit higher, and places nationally :idea:
But who will be our OP?! I hope USC comes up for you so you can enroll! I know you'd rather be at USC.

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 pm

I wonder how the LA market would be in three years..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

supersplittysplitter

Bronze

Post by supersplittysplitter » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 am

so has anyone successfully negotiated with USC using a smaller scholly from a higher ranked school?

RubyRod

Bronze

Post by RubyRod » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:21 am

supersplittysplitter wrote:so has anyone successfully negotiated with USC using a smaller scholly from a higher ranked school?
PM'd

UCLAHopeful2015

Bronze

Post by UCLAHopeful2015 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:25 am

Also, this second school is ranked a little bit higher, and places nationally :idea:

*slides into the conversation like I've been here the whole time*

Good luck, Laws! I have no doubt you're going to love it at this second school!

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:28 am

UCLAHopeful2015 wrote:

*slides into the conversation like I've been here the whole time*

Good luck, Laws! I have no doubt you're going to love it at this second school!
Hey. I still think you username is :evil: .
So I haven't crossed off USC just yet. I need more money from here. So expensive. Double depositing at this second school is allowed until 5/1 according to USC's policy, if I read it correctly.
Where are you at wrt USC? Feel free to pm me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am

Also, anybody can slide into the conversation at any time.

Also, the poll is making me feel old. But good to know that there's an older person than me. I wonder who it is..

RubyRod

Bronze

Post by RubyRod » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 am

LawsRUs wrote:Also, anybody can slide into the conversation at any time.

Also, the poll is making me feel old. But good to know that there's an older person than me. I wonder who it is..
I'm guessing its me!

UCLAHopeful2015

Bronze

Post by UCLAHopeful2015 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 am

mec896 wrote:

I'm guessing its me!

No wonder you're both two of the more civilized people on TLS

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:46 am

UCLAHopeful2015 wrote:
mec896 wrote:

I'm guessing its me!

You can be the third person @Hopeful

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

UCLAHopeful2015

Bronze

Post by UCLAHopeful2015 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:53 am

LawsRUs wrote:
UCLAHopeful2015 wrote:
mec896 wrote:

I'm guessing its me!

You can be the third person @Hopeful
It would be my honor :lol:

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:00 am

Yeah it's a safe space here. With the exception of USC and UCLA admission officers quietly lurking itt.

RubyRod

Bronze

Post by RubyRod » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 am

LawsRUs wrote:Yeah it's a safe space here. With the exception of USC and UCLA admission officers quietly lurking itt.
^^^^Everyone furiously deletes all entries on the thread.^^^^

Yay for another sane TLSer. Boo b/c this is not going to help my borderline TLS addiction. . . . just kidding it's a full fledged problem.

P.S. I don't think I'm going to read my usc v ucla thread anymore, TLS dbags wrecked it.

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:39 am

I think we might have unintentionally attracted UCLA AOs when we made that joke about the UCLA dean being a captain of a ship. :lol:

You're averaging 11 posts per day; I'm at 15. Look whose problem is worse hahaha :lol:

Yeah the UCLA/USC thread is pretty ugly. Nobody knows what they are talking about and/or have biases. Obviously, the neighborhood choice is a personal one, but everybody is trying to essentialize how one neighborhood is better. I've ran into some current TLS-USC students, and they have been really helpful. Also, I found that talking with students and grads not on any panels at ASW gives really honest answers about the school. Looking forward to ASW.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RubyRod

Bronze

Post by RubyRod » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 am

LawsRUs wrote:I think we might have unintentionally attracted UCLA AOs when we made that joke about the UCLA dean being a captain of a ship. :lol:

You're averaging 11 posts per day; I'm at 15. Look whose problem is worse hahaha :lol:

Yeah the UCLA/USC thread is pretty ugly. Nobody knows what they are talking about and/or have biases. Obviously, the neighborhood choice is a personal one, but everybody is trying to essentialize how one neighborhood is better. I've ran into some current TLS-USC students, and they have been really helpful. Also, I found that talking with students and grads not on any panels at ASW gives really honest answers about the school. Looking forward to ASW.
yeah I'm hoping to be able to bump into some non student ambassadors while I'm on campus. I knew the type in undergrad, they often said they felt guilty not telling the whole story to the perspective students...

bubbles139

New

Post by bubbles139 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:44 am

Hey all,

I know ive been MIA from this thread (though ive totally been lurking lol) but i think, barring an acceptance from stanford (literally the least likely thing ever), i shall be at usc this fall (: sooo hopefully the FAO is on here and taking note that im happy to commit if i can negotiate just one more time for a teeeeeeeensy bit more money lol #BrokeK-JD

UCLAHopeful2015

Bronze

Post by UCLAHopeful2015 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:52 am

mec896 wrote:
LawsRUs wrote:I think we might have unintentionally attracted UCLA AOs when we made that joke about the UCLA dean being a captain of a ship. :lol:

yeah I'm hoping to be able to bump into some non student ambassadors while I'm on campus. I knew the type in undergrad, they often said they felt guilty not telling the whole story to the perspective students...
I'd really appreciate it if you guys could fill me in on what happens during ASW. It's during the week of passover so I won't be able to make it :(

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:22 am

bubbles, where have you been lol
Yea, I think all of us would want to attend if USC came up a little bit more.
---
@hopeful, yup, I'll post something itt what I thought about ASW.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RubyRod

Bronze

Post by RubyRod » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:33 am

LawsRUs wrote:bubbles, where have you been lol
Yea, I think all of us would want to attend if USC came up a little bit more.
---
@hopeful, yup, I'll post something itt what I thought about ASW.
I I have a feeling we will collectively wind up with a short novel about ASW after all of our reviews!
BUBBLES - you made me think of Dori! Good thing USC seems to be generous about scholly offers!

ETA: HELP IT'S 3:30 IN THE MORNING AND I'M STILL ON TLS! I think I need internet rehab. . . .

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:38 am

HELP I HAVE A PRESENTATION TO PREPARE FOR AND IT'S 12:38AM. CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR CONTACT FOR THAT REHAB?

RubyRod

Bronze

Post by RubyRod » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:52 pm

Why do they have to bring USC into it? They gave a cross street. http://abc7.com/news/missing-uc-berkele ... sc/589600/

MikeJD

Bronze

Post by MikeJD » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:54 pm

mec896 wrote:Why do they have to bring USC into it? They gave a cross street. http://abc7.com/news/missing-uc-berkele ... sc/589600/

He was at a party with friends at USC before he left and the unfortunate accident.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”