Vanderbilt Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

What will get you to attend Vandy Law?

Admittance, this is my first choice
11
14%
Something, anything to convince myself I'm getting a deal
12
15%
Half Scholly
21
26%
Full Scholly
21
26%
A T-14 NOT admitting me
9
11%
A T-6 NOT admitting me
3
4%
I'm just using the school for leverage
4
5%
 
Total votes: 81

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby adil91 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 am

Did anybody opt out of the universities healthcare plan? What type of health insurance is eligible? I can't seem to understand the prereqs Gallagher insurance req for waiving?

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby Big Red » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:52 am

adil91 wrote:Did anybody opt out of the universities healthcare plan? What type of health insurance is eligible? I can't seem to understand the prereqs Gallagher insurance req for waiving?


Similar boat, I'm planning to opt out but I can't quite figure out what the vandy plan would add to my coverage. I'll probably make a call once I get the immunization papers pushed, but will miss being on that weekly dislist

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby adil91 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 am

Big Red wrote:
adil91 wrote:Did anybody opt out of the universities healthcare plan? What type of health insurance is eligible? I can't seem to understand the prereqs Gallagher insurance req for waiving?


Similar boat, I'm planning to opt out but I can't quite figure out what the vandy plan would add to my coverage. I'll probably make a call once I get the immunization papers pushed, but will miss being on that weekly dislist


Who are you planning to call?

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby Big Red » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:56 am

adil91 wrote:
Big Red wrote:
adil91 wrote:Did anybody opt out of the universities healthcare plan? What type of health insurance is eligible? I can't seem to understand the prereqs Gallagher insurance req for waiving?


Similar boat, I'm planning to opt out but I can't quite figure out what the vandy plan would add to my coverage. I'll probably make a call once I get the immunization papers pushed, but will miss being on that weekly dislist


Who are you planning to call?


studenthealth@vanderbilt.edu

eta: idk why I said called

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby adil91 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:59 am

Big Red wrote:
adil91 wrote:
Big Red wrote:
adil91 wrote:Did anybody opt out of the universities healthcare plan? What type of health insurance is eligible? I can't seem to understand the prereqs Gallagher insurance req for waiving?


Similar boat, I'm planning to opt out but I can't quite figure out what the vandy plan would add to my coverage. I'll probably make a call once I get the immunization papers pushed, but will miss being on that weekly dislist


Who are you planning to call?


studenthealth@vanderbilt.edu

eta: idk why I said called


My current plan doesn't allow me to waive Vandy's plan. I don't want to buy the uber expensive plan that Vandy is offering but I'm not sure which healthcare plans will meet that criteria. I guess I'll just call the various health insurance companies and ask them which plans meet the prereqs

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby Big Red » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 am

This might be something to throw on the facebook page where some current students will see it. You're clearly further along here than I am

arklaw13
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby arklaw13 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 am

I've never had any trouble opting out and I just have a normal 80/20 plan with a fairly high deductible. $2.5k I think?

HokieHi307
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby HokieHi307 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Just got in off the waitlist and seriously considering attending...can anyone point me to fully furnished apartments in Nashville?

User avatar
c28
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2018

Postby c28 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:55 pm

HokieHi307 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist and seriously considering attending...can anyone point me to fully furnished apartments in Nashville?



Try the classifieds on the Vanderbilt website. I saw several there during my search!




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests