Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Have to do all kinds of real work today cus my boss is out on paternity leave for 3 weeks.

Right after the 2 weeks he took for appendicitis.

I know they are valid reasons, but uggggh

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:29 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:Have to do all kinds of real work today cus my boss is out on paternity leave for 3 weeks.

Right after the 2 weeks he took for appendicitis.

I know they are valid reasons, but uggggh



I'm a pretty progressive guy, but come on bro

User avatar
lawschool1741
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby lawschool1741 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Random (and probably stupid) question that I don't know where else to post....each School Profile page on LSN it shows Class of 2018 Applicants, Offers, and Matriculated. How can they know this? This is just an estimate, right?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:36 pm

lawschool1741 wrote:Random (and probably stupid) question that I don't know where else to post....each School Profile page on LSN it shows Class of 2018 Applicants, Offers, and Matriculated. How can they know this? This is just an estimate, right?

Yeah no way they know. I've wonder this as well.

misskatejd
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby misskatejd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:37 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Have to do all kinds of real work today cus my boss is out on paternity leave for 3 weeks.

Right after the 2 weeks he took for appendicitis.

I know they are valid reasons, but uggggh



I'm a pretty progressive guy, but come on bro



agreed, seems a bit much, what city is this?

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:44 pm

I don't want to derail here, but paternity leave is actually a great thing.

http://time.com/3642763/paternity-leave-stimulus/
http://www.financialsamurai.com/gender-wage-gap/

misskatejd wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Have to do all kinds of real work today cus my boss is out on paternity leave for 3 weeks.

Right after the 2 weeks he took for appendicitis.

I know they are valid reasons, but uggggh



I'm a pretty progressive guy, but come on bro



agreed, seems a bit much, like a great start! what city is this?Asking so I can move there.


FTFY

HokieHi307
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby HokieHi307 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:46 pm

For real, if anything we need more parental leave, not less.

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rowinguy2009
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Yea is three weeks really that bad? I'm at a regional biglawish firm and the senior associate whose office is beside mine took about that long (I think he did at least some work from home). Other than a not-so-subtle back handed comment that taking time off was very "progressive" of him, he seemed to get no slack.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Rowinguy2009 wrote:Yea is three weeks really that bad? I'm at a regional biglawish firm and the senior associate whose office is beside mine took about that long (I think he did at least some work from home). Other than a not-so-subtle back handed comment that taking time off was very "progressive" of him, he seemed to get no slack.


IsThisForReal wrote:Have to do all kinds of real work today cus my boss is out on paternity leave for 3 weeks.

Right after the 2 weeks he took for appendicitis.

I know they are valid reasons, but uggggh


It's north FL and idk if he's actually getting paid paternity leave, I think he may just be using his annual or sick leave hours.

ETA: I think this is the first time anyone has ever referred to my town as "progressive"

User avatar
NotASpecialSnowflake
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:13 pm

As someone who supports not working, I am fine with paternity leave. Does that make me progressive or just lazy?

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:22 pm

thinkin about having a kid just to take maternity leave. thoughts?

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:23 pm

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:As someone who supports not working, I am fine with paternity leave. Does that make me progressive or just lazy?

My spouse better take time, especially if we already have other kids to deal with too. I'm just frustrated that it dumped a bunch of work on me.

And he's really bad about keeping me in the dark, so I'm jumping into most of this blind.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:thinkin about having a kid just to take maternity leave. thoughts?


I can't imagine this having any ill effects on your upcoming years in law school. Seems worth it.

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:53 am

Taking a two-hour lunch today for a dental appointment I forgot to mentionbecause it's nice out and I don't want to be inside anymore.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:Taking a two-hour lunch today for a dental appointment I forgot to mentionbecause it's nice out and I don't want to be inside anymore.

Hmmm I suddenly have a toothache.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:58 am

Gray wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:Taking a two-hour lunch today for a dental appointment I forgot to mentionbecause it's nice out and I don't want to be inside anymore.

Hmmm I suddenly have a toothache.

Now paging Dr. Pollywolly.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Rigo wrote:
Gray wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:Taking a two-hour lunch today for a dental appointment I forgot to mentionbecause it's nice out and I don't want to be inside anymore.

Hmmm I suddenly have a toothache.

Now paging Dr. Pollywolly.

:lol: <3

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2628
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:19 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:24 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:How early is too early to leave on a Friday?


TBH the latest I've been staying on Fridays the last month or so is 3:30 but i'm in a nonprofit so things are generally chill in the office


hmmm my non-profit is ruled with an iron fist, I leave at 4:30 on the dot every day

boss emailed all the staff today to say she wants to have one-on-ones with all of us about our ideas for improving the company and our career goals; this is one of those moments where I'm just so glad I already told them I'm on my way out.

ETA the only recommendation I have for fixing this place is "shut the fucker down" but I don't think I'm gonna share that thought
Last edited by Hand on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:30 pm

My coworker made a bag of popcorn and is watching a movie at her desk. It's just us in the office today and she knows IDGAF. But still, respect.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest