Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
ub3r

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby ub3r » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:53 pm

East Coast When Can I Move To California Coast

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:23 am

I just told my boss I have no definite plans for law school, which is obviously a lie. I feel bad because he's actually good, my job just sucks. I would tell him earlier, but my leave gets taken out of my final paycheck. I'm going to use three weeks of leave, so if I give two weeks notice, they can't take more than that from me.

LSATneurotic

Postby LSATneurotic » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:29 am

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:I just told my boss I have no definite plans for law school, which is obviously a lie. I feel bad because he's actually good, my job just sucks. I would tell him earlier, but my leave gets taken out of my final paycheck. I'm going to use three weeks of leave, so if I give two weeks notice, they can't take more than that from me.

conniving mind you've got there

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:09 pm

LSATneurotic wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:I just told my boss I have no definite plans for law school, which is obviously a lie. I feel bad because he's actually good, my job just sucks. I would tell him earlier, but my leave gets taken out of my final paycheck. I'm going to use three weeks of leave, so if I give two weeks notice, they can't take more than that from me.

conniving mind you've got there

Yeah I guess. But it isn't a great policy. Plus my job isn't all that prestigious or important. People give two weeks notice all the time, so its no big deal.

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:25 am

I think this is fairly standard, really. Some jobs will pay you for banked leave, but if they don't you'd have to be kinda crazy not to use it up.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 am

CaptainJapan wrote:

I think this is fairly standard, really. Some jobs will pay you for banked leave, but if they don't you'd have to be kinda crazy not to use it up.

+1. Not conniving. I don't know if I would have said the bolded, but i wouldn't say anything if I were in a position where it may bite me in the ass. The job I had before my current gig, I never would have mentioned it. You definitely don't have to feel bad about the standard two weeks.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 am

Yesterday I woke up and didn't feel like going to work so I just didn't.

lawschool1741

Postby lawschool1741 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:27 am

Gray wrote:Yesterday I woke up and didn't feel like going to work so I just didn't.

Will you be my hero, pretty please?!

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:45 am

lawschool1741 wrote:
Gray wrote:Yesterday I woke up and didn't feel like going to work so I just didn't.

Will you be my hero, pretty please?!

:lol:

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:53 am

I'm practically giddy whenever a computer program stops working because it gives me a legitimate excuse to not do shit.

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:56 am

Rigo wrote:I'm practically giddy whenever a computer program stops working because it gives me a legitimate excuse to not do shit.

+1 I'm considering "accidentally" locking myself out of my program so I can call IT and slack while they fix it

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:13 am

Actually have a busy day today. Sigh.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:29 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:*gets back to computer
"Don't open TLS, buckiguy_sucks, do work I believe in you. The first tab you open isn't going to be TLS, and you're going to be productive for the next couple of hours. Cmon self, just don't open it."
*opens TLS

My day is about the same so far except it's more like:
*gets back to computer*

"Don't open TLS, buckiguy_sucks, do work I believe in you. The first tab you open isn't going to be TLS, and you're going to be productive for the next couple of hours. Cmon self, just don't open it."

*opens TLS*

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

Gray wrote:
*opens TLS

*gets back to computer*

*opens TLS*

Yeah I only aspire to not leave the TLS tab open and instead switch it to something more innocuous looking when I get up to get coffee. But even that is a high bar some days.

LSATneurotic

Postby LSATneurotic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

*opens TLS

my version

lawschool1741

Postby lawschool1741 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 am

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:
*opens TLS

*gets back to computer*

*opens TLS*

Yeah I only aspire to not leave the TLS tab open and instead switch it to something more innocuous looking when I get up to get coffee. But even that is a high bar some days.

This is my problem and people just decide to walk behind my desk (that backs up to a wall) all the time these days! So I've resorted to the minimizing the window to the bottom corner and TLSing in a 3x3 window. Wondering if that makes things more obvious now that I'm typing it out....

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:48 am

Guys I don't have a single work related tab or program open. I am only working in the sense that I'm physically present in the office. Get on my level.

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:49 am

Gray wrote:Guys I don't have a single work related tab or program open. I am only working in the sense that I'm physically present in the office. Get on my level.

FYI by "something more innocuous looking" I just mean my personal email instead of TLS/FB

ub3r

Postby ub3r » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:49 am

My bosses were really happy that I gave them ample departure notice and am sticking around to make the transition for my clients smoother, as opposed to some coworkers who recently peaced out with little warning, so I'm still getting my half-year bonus despite leaving two weeks before the half-year date.

It pays to be a conscientious employee, folks.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:50 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ub3r

Postby ub3r » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:52 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:"oops I forgot to schedule you for the meeting, anyway its in two minutes"

*gets to meeting*

"I'm gonna let buckiguy_sucks take the lead on this one"

me "uhhhhhhhhh"

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:54 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:"oops I forgot to schedule you for the meeting, anyway its in two minutes"

*gets to meeting*

"I'm gonna let buckiguy_sucks take the lead on this one"

me "uhhhhhhhhh"

I get so pissed when my boss does this to me. But think of it as excellent practice, helping you to hone your verbal bullshitting skills.

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:17 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”