Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:28 pm

First day back at work after about two weeks off for wedding/honeymoon. Hurts, man.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby usn26 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:03 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:First day back at work after about two weeks off for wedding/honeymoon. Hurts, man.


You're going back to work for, what, a month between honeymoon and law school? Whyyyyyyyy?

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:15 pm

usn26 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:First day back at work after about two weeks off for wedding/honeymoon. Hurts, man.


You're going back to work for, what, a month between honeymoon and law school? Whyyyyyyyy?


Good question. Was asking myself the same thing yesterday morning. But I was able to use vacation time while away so I was getting paid to say my vows and drink pina coladas on the beach. And the 4 weeks until I leave for school will be a nice cushion I won't otherwise have. Still sucks tho.

User avatar
tortsandtiaras
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tortsandtiaras » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:16 pm

nreese970 wrote:I put my two week notice in today. Last day is July 17th. Even though I work on Capitol Hill in DC, being an unpaid intern for 8 months has its limits of motivation--no matter where you work.


Wohoo same last day! cheers together next Friday 8)

User avatar
tortsandtiaras
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tortsandtiaras » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:20 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
usn26 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:First day back at work after about two weeks off for wedding/honeymoon. Hurts, man.


You're going back to work for, what, a month between honeymoon and law school? Whyyyyyyyy?


Good question. Was asking myself the same thing yesterday morning. But I was able to use vacation time while away so I was getting paid to say my vows and drink pina coladas on the beach. And the 4 weeks until I leave for school will be a nice cushion I won't otherwise have. Still sucks tho.


Wait, how much time off from your last day to law school do you have? you don't want to burn yourself out either!

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:57 pm

tortsandtiaras wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
usn26 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:First day back at work after about two weeks off for wedding/honeymoon. Hurts, man.


You're going back to work for, what, a month between honeymoon and law school? Whyyyyyyyy?


Good question. Was asking myself the same thing yesterday morning. But I was able to use vacation time while away so I was getting paid to say my vows and drink pina coladas on the beach. And the 4 weeks until I leave for school will be a nice cushion I won't otherwise have. Still sucks tho.


Wait, how much time off from your last day to law school do you have? you don't want to burn yourself out either!


Oh I'll have plenty of time off :D Last day at work is July 31 and first day of school (orientation) is Aug. 24. Classes start Aug. 31.

User avatar
nreese970
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:44 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby nreese970 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:20 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
Oh I'll have plenty of time off :D Last day at work is July 31 and first day of school (orientation) is Aug. 24. Classes start Aug. 31.


That's not bad. I have to move across the country so that's going to eat into my time off, but at least my school doesn't start until Sept 2nd (orientation is 26th of August, though). Should give me enough time to gunner-up and prep way too much :roll:

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby unsweetened » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:23 pm

nreese970 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
Oh I'll have plenty of time off :D Last day at work is July 31 and first day of school (orientation) is Aug. 24. Classes start Aug. 31.


That's not bad. I have to move across the country so that's going to eat into my time off, but at least my school doesn't start until Sept 2nd (orientation is 26th of August, though). Should give me enough time to gunner-up and prep way too much :roll:

Also moving (back) across the country. Orientation starts on 8/13. Last day at work is 7/23, so it should be enough for a breather.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby unsweetened » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Met with my boss to talk about my last day. Looks like it's going to be a gourmet pizza party. 8)

User avatar
tortsandtiaras
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tortsandtiaras » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:21 am

nreese970 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
Oh I'll have plenty of time off :D Last day at work is July 31 and first day of school (orientation) is Aug. 24. Classes start Aug. 31.


That's not bad. I have to move across the country so that's going to eat into my time off, but at least my school doesn't start until Sept 2nd (orientation is 26th of August, though). Should give me enough time to gunner-up and prep way too much :roll:


Noah you start late, lucky you haha. My classes start the 27th of August and I'm moving to my LS on the 20th of this month. So definitely a month to do nothing/get so bored i'll stay on TLS. :D

Shirosham
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Shirosham » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Got roped into another two weeks at work... cross-country flight and getting everything setup is going to be interesting...

User avatar
tortsandtiaras
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tortsandtiaras » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:11 am

1 more week y'all. I'm getting zero work sent to me (my job consists of projects that last months), so essentially getting paid to sit on my butt right now. However, staring at a screen for 9 hours a day not knowing what to do makes time go by so so slow.

KDgirl
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KDgirl » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:47 am

<http://andrewhy.de/how-to-live-comfortably-on-36-a-month-for-food/>


For my people who need a cheap food budget, like me.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:32 pm

I know, first off, having to wait to put the flavor packet into the wat to make the soup. Do you eat the noodles as a 1st course, and the soup as a 2nd course? Do you eat them together at the same time?

MAN eats Ramen Noodles every day for a month and lives -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/2 ... 74776.html

Image

User avatar
tortsandtiaras
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tortsandtiaras » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:29 pm

KDgirl wrote:<http://andrewhy.de/how-to-live-comfortably-on-36-a-month-for-food/>


For my people who need a cheap food budget, like me.


I was good and excited until I read the part of dumpster diving :cry:

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3146
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:36 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby unsweetened » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:02 pm

KDgirl wrote:<http://andrewhy.de/how-to-live-comfortably-on-36-a-month-for-food/>


For my people who need a cheap food budget, like me.

I used some of the downtime at my work to make a spreadsheet that outlines my meals for each day of the week and generate a shopping list. The purpose is more along the lines of a balanced and healthy diet with cost as a secondary concern. It came out to an estimated $67.67/wk
I'm sure it could be done for less money, but I'm leery of $1.25/lb ground beef and 20 cent avocados. Food poisoning is no joke.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Howard Stern years back yelled at one of his on air gang for going to the local deli for a hoagie everyday. By the time they priced out the bread, eats, veggies, and condiments, it worked out almost cheaper for him to eat out. Not that NYC is the cheapest market place for food

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:31 pm

This is pretty cool. You can help map neural networks.

http://eyewire.org/

Article about this and other games:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... t-problems

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:Do you guys think it's acceptable to use food banks while attending law school?


No.

Food stamps? Maybe. Personally, no.

rubberplant2020
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby rubberplant2020 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Kinky John wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:Do you guys think it's acceptable to use food banks while attending law school?


No.

Food stamps? Maybe. Personally, no.


F these ppl. If you need the food bank or stamps use it, that's what it's there for. Only rich fucks, idiots, or prideful ppl wouldn't use these services if they need it.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:50 pm

k

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Rigo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:56 am

:|

User avatar
tortsandtiaras
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby tortsandtiaras » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:38 am

5 more days until freedom, well for about a month and then the grind.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:05 am

Hikkomorist wrote:Do you guys think it's acceptable to use food banks while attending law school?


Are you going to explain why you asked this




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest