Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby MurdockLLP » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:38 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:
I may be biased, but Daredevil was, by far, the best series of the year.

Although I agree they could have/should have casted Murdock better.



"i really like the show, except the main character"


Not what I said. Show is great, excellent writing, acting, cinematography, etc., but the lead actor was poorly casted. He's a fine actor, just not in the right role.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby unsweetened » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:43 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:
storpappa wrote:what is everyone watching?


Daredevil. It's kinda lame/too gritty at first, but it gets better. I really liked kingpin's character and his love interest and ended up rooting for them to win. I think the guy who plays daredevil is boring



Ahh I started watching it and then quit because I wasn't a big fan of the daredevil character. Didn't get very far into it though.

Marathoned 3 episodes of GoT last night

Heard a lot of people saying Daredevil is great. I tried to verify, but lost interest somewhere in the first episode or immediately thereafter. Looking forward to college football starting back up though.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:45 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:
I may be biased, but Daredevil was, by far, the best series of the year.

Although I agree they could have/should have casted Murdock better.



"i really like the show, except the main character"


Not what I said. Show is great, excellent writing, acting, cinematography, etc., but the lead actor was poorly casted. He's a fine actor, just not in the right role.


damn bguy you just got law-yerd

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3626
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KMart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:56 pm

I liked Daredevil a lot but the season dragged on a bit for me.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:33 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Not what I said. Show is great, excellent writing, acting, cinematography, etc., but the lead actor was poorly casted. He's a fine actor, just not in the right role.


damn bguy you just got law-yerd


I guess law school really isn't for me

#bottomthird

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:36 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Not what I said. Show is great, excellent writing, acting, cinematography, etc., but the lead actor was poorly casted. He's a fine actor, just not in the right role.


damn bguy you just got law-yerd


I guess law school really isn't for me


User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:43 pm

By the time this class is over, 2 of you will commit suicide


User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby unsweetened » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:56 pm

Only 7 days until I give notice at my day job.

There's an awesome thread in my department's project management software about how stars are going to look on a web site that's being built. One of the designers is being flogged daily to redesign these stars in different colors, different gradients, sometimes with circles around them, sometimes without, and in just about every imaginable size. This has been going on for two months with no end in sight.
I actually feel pretty bad for the designer on that project.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3039
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:40 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fisheatbananas
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby fisheatbananas » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Just a little update. 4 more days of work including today. The preparation between work and starting law school will be hard too, but at least I can do that on my own schedule. The last week of work is busy because I have to train my replacement...

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:26 am

it's my last day in the office. not reminding anyone.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:33 am

Gray wrote:it's my last day in the office. not reminding anyone.

What will you be taking with you?

Canadian toilet paper?
Canadian pens?
Canadian copy paper?

You know you won't be able to get those foreign goods when you come back to America ... so stock up now Gray :)

KDgirl
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KDgirl » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:35 am

Ugh... I am working until July 31st. :( Plus, I'm having to do random odd jobs on the weekend to make extra money... this summer sucks.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:49 am

storpappa wrote:
Gray wrote:it's my last day in the office. not reminding anyone.

What will you be taking with you?

Canadian toilet paper?
Canadian pens?
Canadian copy paper?

You know you won't be able to get those foreign goods when you come back to America ... so stock up now Gray :)

my office is so TTT that it doesn't even have supplies.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:06 am

Gray wrote:
storpappa wrote:
Gray wrote:it's my last day in the office. not reminding anyone.

What will you be taking with you?

Canadian toilet paper?
Canadian pens?
Canadian copy paper?

You know you won't be able to get those foreign goods when you come back to America ... so stock up now Gray :)

my office is so TTT that it doesn't even have supplies.

Well it is in Canada so lots of leaves. Just saying

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:Just a little update. 4 more days of work including today. The preparation between work and starting law school will be hard too, but at least I can do that on my own schedule. The last week of work is busy because I have to train my replacement...


What sort of prep are you doing between work and law school?


Don't know about OP but I'll be reading over E&E's, taking a look at some practice exams, pre-formatting outlines on word, etc.

[+] Spoiler
but seriously if by prep you mean actually doing something (as opposed to drinking yourself silly) then you're a weirdo

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Kinky John wrote:but seriously if by prep you mean actually doing something (as opposed to drinking yourself silly) then you're a weirdo

+1

HokieHi307
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby HokieHi307 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:42 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Kinky John wrote:but seriously if by prep you mean actually doing something (as opposed to drinking yourself silly) then you're a weirdo

+1


I feel like this is a phenomenon among KJDs? The rest of us battle-hardened 9-5 vets are loling at the idea of doing anything this summer but drinking by the pool/beach.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3626
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Gray wrote:it's my last day in the office. not reminding anyone.

So lucky - have another 4/5 weeks left. Although the summer's are generally a slow time so it's not too daunting to be at work.

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:I wasn't planning on looking at any actual class related stuff, but I am reading 1L of a ride and will probably read a few other similar books (One L, Getting to Maybe, etc.).

Am 2-year veteran of 8-6+, so not KJD lol.

One L is kind of outdated. I have a few friends who mentioned reading 1L. GTM should wait until Sept-ish. Law School Confidential seems helpful but I haven't read a ton of it yet. I read Legal Analyst and it was an interesting way of overviewing, but I can't necessarily say I'd recommend it. Watched Paper Chase (my lawyer aunt sent it to me). Lots of people doing LEEWS.

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest