Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
AOT

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby AOT » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:30 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:Hahaha thanks, I'm glad to be back. Needed a little time away from TLS to pull away from the hive mind a bit. Officially over one month unemployed now and still loving it just as much!

Why wouldn't you be? I don't get people who, after any length of time, miss having a job/work they have to do - I can see missing the money, but that's it.

*thinks no one on the planet enjoys their job or working*

Also not working is miserable after a while. Only so many long walks/baths/masturbating you can do

NoBladesNoBows

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:33 am

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:43 am

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
alloverthat wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:Hahaha thanks, I'm glad to be back. Needed a little time away from TLS to pull away from the hive mind a bit. Officially over one month unemployed now and still loving it just as much!

Why wouldn't you be? I don't get people who, after any length of time, miss having a job/work they have to do - I can see missing the money, but that's it.

Also not working is miserable after a while. Only so many long walks/baths/masturbating you can do

I was mostly referring to this unfortunate phenomenon. Back in college I had the art of doing nothing down to a science and couldn't have been happier about it. After two years working I was terrified at the prospect of having nothing to do all day, even though I was pretty much hating my job toward the end. It also doesn't help that post-college there's no one to hang out with all the time because everyone has, you guessed it, a full-time job.

All that being said, I am loving #unemployedlyfe

It helps that you know exactly what you're doing next ie law school. Being unemployed with nothing but being unemployed tomorrow to look forward to will mess with your head right quick.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:05 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:
alloverthat wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:

I was mostly referring to this unfortunate phenomenon. Back in college I had the art of doing nothing down to a science and couldn't have been happier about it. After two years working I was terrified at the prospect of having nothing to do all day, even though I was pretty much hating my job toward the end. It also doesn't help that post-college there's no one to hang out with all the time because everyone has, you guessed it, a full-time job.

All that being said, I am loving #unemployedlyfe

It helps that you know exactly what you're doing next ie law school. Being unemployed with nothing but being unemployed tomorrow to look forward to will mess with your head right quick.

Lots of truth to that statement. Being unemployed is pretty fun for the first couple of weeks, but it's rather unpleasant after that. It makes a difference whether or not unemployment is by your own volition.

I'm certainly not looking forward to the remaining six weeks at my current employer, but I'm so tantalizingly close to paying off my car that it's worth sticking out.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:07 pm

unsweetened wrote:Lots of truth to that statement. Being unemployed is pretty fun for the first couple of weeks, but it's rather unpleasant after that. It makes a difference whether or not unemployment is by your own volition.

I'm certainly not looking forward to the remaining six weeks at my current employer, but I'm so tantalizingly close to paying off my car that it's worth sticking out.

Welcome to the party. Judging by your tar and how you take your coffee we'll get along fine.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Dear ITT,
I just took a shower. Yes lots of soap and lather all over. Now that picture is in your head, and will never leave. You are welcome

Anyway, I have to go to COSTCO and get some salad stuff, and exchange an item. Then maybe figure out what to eat for lunch, probably skip it, then Starbucks, then pick up after school. I hope you will be okay in my absence.
With all my love,
Storpappa

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:33 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Lots of truth to that statement. Being unemployed is pretty fun for the first couple of weeks, but it's rather unpleasant after that. It makes a difference whether or not unemployment is by your own volition.

Welcome to the party. Judging by your tar and how you take your coffee we'll get along fine.

Thanks, although it feels kind of like the party where you show up late (not fashionably) and all the hors d'oeuvres are gone.
On the topic of coffee, is it appropriate to judge an office based upon the quality and type of coffee available in the break room?

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:36 pm

unsweetened wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:

Thanks, although it feels kind of like the party where you show up late (not fashionably) and all the hors d'oeuvres are gone.
On the topic of coffee, is it appropriate to judge an office based upon the quality and type of coffee available in the break room?

My office just has a keurig machine and we have to bring our own k cups. Is that TTT level?

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 pm

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:

My office just has a keurig machine and we have to bring our own k cups. Is that TTT level?

Do you have to put water in the machine or is it connected with a dedicated copper pipe?

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:52 pm

unsweetened wrote:Do you have to put water in the machine or is it connected with a dedicated copper pipe?

I think there's a pipe? I don't use it because I don't wanna buy k cups

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:10 pm

unsweetened wrote:Do you have to put water in the machine or is it connected with a dedicated copper pipe?

Upon further thought, since no coffee is actually provided in the break room, TTT level may be generous. I applaud you for not buying k-cups though.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:39 pm

unsweetened wrote:

Upon further thought, since no coffee is actually provided in the break room, TTT level may be generous. I applaud you for not buying k-cups though.

A company that forces its employees to buy their own coffee is just shameful. Those bastards will be the first with their backs against the wall when the revolution comes.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:40 pm

unsweetened wrote:Thanks, although it feels kind of like the party where you show up late (not fashionably) and all the hors d'oeuvres are gone.

Yeah not gonna lie it's gotten weird lately.

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:41 pm

unsweetened wrote:

Yeah my job is pretty bad. But I did write my letter of resignation today! 17 more days!

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Thanks, although it feels kind of like the party where you show up late (not fashionably) and all the hors d'oeuvres are gone.

Yeah not gonna lie it's gotten weird lately.

I thought I was the only one.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:50 pm

unsweetened wrote:

Yeah my job is pretty bad. But I did write my letter of resignation today! 17 more days!

Congrats!
The last couple of days go by the slowest.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:55 pm

9 days left of actually working in the office.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:58 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:09 pm

wonka wrote:
Gray wrote:9 days left of actually working in the office.

!!!!

you're so close.

but then like still a billion days of doing the same job from home so mehhh

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Gray wrote:
wonka wrote:

!!!!

you're so close.

I'm jealous.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Gray wrote:
wonka wrote:

!!!!

you're so close.

Where you can update the destinations OP in peace, tho.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:48 pm

usn26 wrote:
Gray wrote:
wonka wrote:

!!!!

you're so close.

Where you can update the destinations OP in peace, tho.

+1 Let's all focus on what's important here.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:55 pm

also I will be able to multitask more effectively aka watch Netflix while "working"

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 pm

I just made an appointment for this weekend: pedicure and manicure full set

How many days till orientation?

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Spent the past few days at work wedding planning. Gawd, who knew you could spend 3 hours choosing a processional? I think I'm rolling with Franz Lizst, so that's a win.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”