Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Kinky John

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:46 pm

zaetoroftheprotoss wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:
zaetoroftheprotoss wrote:Looking at a mid-July end date and then finally taking the euro trip I never did after college :D

Where are you going in Europe? I'm taking a euro trip this summer too.

I'm thinking of starting in Italy and working my way up to Germany

there's a fascism joke in there somewhere

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Kinky John wrote:
zaetoroftheprotoss wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:
zaetoroftheprotoss wrote:Looking at a mid-July end date and then finally taking the euro trip I never did after college :D

Where are you going in Europe? I'm taking a euro trip this summer too.

I'm thinking of starting in Italy and working my way up to Germany

there's a fascism joke in there somewhere

"just be sure not to miss your anschluss along the way!"

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:33 pm

hey you guys it's almost the end of the week. we're so close now.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 pm

I wonder if there is money to be made in suing idiots who play Billy BadAss on Facebook, then the moment someone calls them on it, they back down and apologize. Hmm, is the next generation of ambulance chasers going to be cyber chasers?

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:46 pm

storpappa wrote:I have to wonder about the mentality of the brave cyber warriors who on Facebook look uop my super secret identity, and publish information under their own super secret identity. Do they go about their normal day to day life thinking they are that clever?

Or does that bode well for a never ending line of clients in 3 years?

storpappa wrote:I wonder if there is money to be made in suing idiots who play Billy BadAss on Facebook, then the moment someone calls them on it, they back down and apologize. Hmm, is the next generation of ambulance chasers going to be cyber chasers?

Ok Pops I'll bite. What happened?

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:50 pm

Might it be the new frontier of the TTT unemployed, I mean solo practitioner. Look big online, work at Starbucks, file lawsuits in Federal Court across America for hurt feelings, with just costs up front and a percentage fee

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:54 pm

storpappa wrote:Might it be the new frontier of the TTT unemployed, I mean solo practitioner. Look big online, work at Starbucks, file lawsuits in Federal Court across America for hurt feelings, with just costs up front and a percentage fee

But what prompted this outburst?

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:55 pm

storpappa wrote:Might it be the new frontier of the TTT unemployed, I mean solo practitioner. Look big online, work at Starbucks, file lawsuits in Federal Court across America for hurt feelings, with just costs up front and a percentage fee

Pops you're scaring me. You ok, buddy?

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Literally haven't received a single email today. Fridays in DC, man...

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:06 pm

I love you guys

This is a very uneventful time. At least in the waiter threads we had a date. Here it's just this omg how many days? 24+31+15=uggh till orientation

And the unknown WL's. Those threads are ghost towns

We need more random posts about the color purple or who is going to baseball games. Heck I already ordered by Fall football tickets. Things are all done and yet school isn't here yet

tealeaves12

Postby tealeaves12 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:08 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote: Fridays in DC, man...

+1 :D

and it is magnified so much on summer fridays.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

tealeaves12 wrote:

I usually at least receive 20 junk emails/day from Hill PR staffers. Not even one of those today.

tealeaves12

Postby tealeaves12 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:18 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
tealeaves12 wrote:

I usually at least receive 20 junk emails/day from Hill PR staffers. Not even one of those today.

yeah i don't even got it like that lol. i dont usually get emails from anyone interesting, but i have received 0 calls and 0 emails today :)

i just work at a small firm where people can't be bothered to come (or stay for more than an hour or two) on summer fridays, within a large office building of other employees doing the same, and the roads are clearer because of everyone feeling this way lol.

edited - ordering

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:57 am

Building trails all day for National Trails Day. Fuckin volunteer voluntold. :|

(Service all day though!)

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:00 am

Rigo wrote:Building trails all day for National Trails Day. Fuckin volunteer voluntold. :|

Why not me?!?!?!

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:06 am

TasmanianToucan wrote:
Rigo wrote:Building trails all day for National Trails Day. Fuckin volunteer voluntold. :|

Why not me?!?!?!

+1. Sounds pretty awesome.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:31 am

Still having med side-effects. Probably gonna make it look like I'm busy till its a socially acceptable time to go home.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:32 am

IsThisForReal wrote:Still having med side-effects. Probably gonna make it look like I'm busy till its a socially acceptable time to go home.

What time canyou leae today and still get paid for the full day? Milk it till then, but not so much that they send you home early

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:34 am

storpappa wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Still having med side-effects. Probably gonna make it look like I'm busy till its a socially acceptable time to go home.

What time canyou leae today and still get paid for the full day? Milk it till then, but not so much that they send you home early

I have to use sick leave for any time I take.

#RealJobProblems

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
storpappa wrote:

#RealJobProblems

Yeah thats great ... but what time can you leave early and still get paid? Like2 hours early? Skip lunch but eat it at your desk anyway and 2 /12 hours?>? You know, nice boss that will see you in pain and still working and say "Susan, I know we have said some things in the past ITT about all Susan's, but go ahead, head home:

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 am

storpappa wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
storpappa wrote:

#RealJobProblems

Yeah thats great ... but what time can you leave early and still get paid? Like2 hours early? Skip lunch but eat it at your desk anyway and 2 /12 hours?>? You know, nice boss that will see you in pain and still working and say "Susan, I know we have said some things in the past ITT about all Susan's, but go ahead, head home:

Pops some of that may have gotten lost in translation from storpoppese to English.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:52 am

theramblingfool

Postby theramblingfool » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 am

Just moved out of my apartment I lived in for two years, probably my favorite place I ever lived, to live in a shithole big, old house with friends rent-free until I move away in August. I keep telling myself I'm saving a ton of money, but it's gonna be a rough adjustment. To give you an idea: it took days of cleaning to get this place just liveable, no AC at all, the ceiling in my room is slowly falling down and, as I found out during the thunderstorm yesterday, it rains in my room.

Can't wait 'til August!

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:05 pm

theramblingfool wrote:Just moved out of my apartment I lived in for two years, probably my favorite place I ever lived, to live in a shithole big, old house with friends rent-free until I move away in August. I keep telling myself I'm saving a ton of money, but it's gonna be a rough adjustment. To give you an idea: it took days of cleaning to get this place just liveable, no AC at all, the ceiling in my room is slowly falling down and, as I found out during the thunderstorm yesterday, it rains in my room.

Can't wait 'til August!

The fact that it rains in your room is directly related to why the ceiling is falling down. Never mind that it's a shithole; are you sure this place is safe?

theramblingfool

Postby theramblingfool » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:10 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:Just moved out of my apartment I lived in for two years, probably my favorite place I ever lived, to live in a shithole big, old house with friends rent-free until I move away in August. I keep telling myself I'm saving a ton of money, but it's gonna be a rough adjustment. To give you an idea: it took days of cleaning to get this place just liveable, no AC at all, the ceiling in my room is slowly falling down and, as I found out during the thunderstorm yesterday, it rains in my room.

Can't wait 'til August!

The fact that it rains in your room is directly related to why the ceiling is falling down. Never mind that it's a shithole; are you sure this place is safe?

Well, I know that. I just didn't discover the raining thing until later, and it wasn't super obvious, because I'm not on the top floor/there isn't a clear line of sight to the outside.

Safe? Yeah, in that I'll likely leave alive.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”