Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
IsThisForReal

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:46 am

gnomgnomuch wrote:Slightly diff situation - I'm moving to the UK for an MPP. But i've already gotten accepted, and accepted the offer.

I work 30 hour weeks - I do maybe 10 hours of legit work.
And i'm taking 18 creds - with two thesis's due in may.
I've barely started the research for the first, and am maybe halfway through the survey (i also have to do analysis of the survey and a 25 report on it).
The other 4 classes - nope, nope, nope, nope. IF I come to class, i'm halfway zoned out, either on imgur, reddit, tls, facebook, etc.

I've also spent more time at the bar and drinking this past semester, then my previous 7 combined.
Somehow, I'm rolling on straight A's, and got a promotion.... and an internship offer. (complete brag, idec lmao)

Congrats! I'm not sure this thread is for you :lol:

Indy16

Postby Indy16 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 am

gnomgnomuch wrote:Slightly diff situation - I'm moving to the UK for an MPP. But i've already gotten accepted, and accepted the offer.

I work 30 hour weeks - I do maybe 10 hours of legit work.
And i'm taking 18 creds - with two thesis's due in may.
I've barely started the research for the first, and am maybe halfway through the survey (i also have to do analysis of the survey and a 25 report on it).
The other 4 classes - nope, nope, nope, nope. IF I come to class, i'm halfway zoned out, either on imgur, reddit, tls, facebook, etc.

I've also spent more time at the bar and drinking this past semester, then my previous 7 combined.
Somehow, I'm rolling on straight A's, and got a promotion.... and an internship offer. (complete brag, idec lmao)

Ah, the classic senior year coast.

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 am

FuturePanhandler wrote:Why on earth did you apply to Stetson?

I don't want to derail the thread, but the usual personal reasons that TLS likes to dump on.
Last edited by nosocat on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuturePanhandler

Postby FuturePanhandler » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:37 am

nosocat wrote:
FuturePanhandler wrote:Why on earth did you apply to Stetson?

I don't want to derail the thread, but the usual personal reasons that TLS likes to dump on. I live in the area and am pretty settled with a house, an SO with a good job, etc., and I like it here. Don't really feel like moving.

Gotcha. No disrespect, I applied for similar reasons, just thought it was funny seeing your good stats listed with all the other applicants.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:33 am

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Octavius

Postby Octavius » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:17 am

I oddly have been getting good marks on papers despite putting less effort in and I realized why. When you don't care about researching you just make up vaguely correct facts, which flow so much better than found facts that you have to make fit your argument.

Capitol_Idea

Postby Capitol_Idea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:24 am

On Monday I'll be officially out the door of my job of 9 years so I can focus on SA and then school/Biglaw thereafter.

It is a really weird feeling to think I am not going to be a consultant anymore, but that was kind of the game plan in going to law school. Also I feel like 9 years is kind of a long time to be somewhere.

ILoveYou

Postby ILoveYou » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:29 am

Wow, props zacharus. 9 years is a damn long time to hold a single job these days, no doubt.

But you're on to bigger and better things! :)

Eladriel

Postby Eladriel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:50 am

It's been almost two weeks since I went to ASW events. I haven't done a single day's work in total in that time. And no one has seemed to notice.

This really makes me wonder about my contribution to the office.

lawschool1741

Postby lawschool1741 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Glad March Madness started, at least now I have something to look forward to at work

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:24 pm

zacharus85 wrote:On Monday I'll be officially out the door of my job of 9 years so I can focus on SA and then school/Biglaw thereafter.

It is a really weird feeling to think I am not going to be a consultant anymore, but that was kind of the game plan in going to law school. Also I feel like 9 years is kind of a long time to be somewhere.

Didn't you say you were a 2L in the lounge?

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:24 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:On Monday I'll be officially out the door of my job of 9 years so I can focus on SA and then school/Biglaw thereafter.

he's a part-timer

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:28 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

he's a part-timer

Oh, okay. I was confused because this is the c/o 2018 forum, but I guess anyone can have senioritis at heart.

arose928

Postby arose928 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Every day the struggle is realer. I used to get annoyed just whenever I was asked to do a bs task (type up notes, schedule meetings) and now I get irrationally annoyed at being asked to do anything, ever, even if it's something important (write a press release, write a grant!). Already this job was just a placeholder while I figured life/grad school out and now I'm so over it and ready to be done. And my boss thinks he's going to squeeze all this extra grade A work out of me while I'm still here and I'm like, don't you get that I'm coasting? I'm sure a few months into the semester I'll be missing how easy I have it right now but ughhhh sitting through three more months of this feels interminable.

/rant

FairchildFLT

Postby FairchildFLT » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Tomorrow we have a Wing wide sports day. I've been voluntold to participate in the mile relay and the game of crud. I'm the only one in the squadron without a squadron T-shirt. I think they're catching on that I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:37 pm

arose928 wrote:Every day the struggle is realer. I used to get annoyed just whenever I was asked to do a bs task (type up notes, schedule meetings) and now I get irrationally annoyed at being asked to do anything, ever, even if it's something important (write a press release, write a grant!). Already this job was just a placeholder while I figured life/grad school out and now I'm so over it and ready to be done. And my boss thinks he's going to squeeze all this extra grade A work out of me while I'm still here and I'm like, don't you get that I'm coasting? I'm sure a few months into the semester I'll be missing how easy I have it right now but ughhhh sitting through three more months of this feels interminable.

/rant

hahahahahahah every word of this applies to me.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:38 pm

FairchildFLT wrote:Tomorrow we have a Wing wide sports day. I've been voluntold to participate in the mile relay and the game of crud. I'm the only one in the squadron without a squadron T-shirt. I think they're catching on that I'm just here so I won't get fined.

180. Also, I think that may be trademarked by Beastmode. You may be hearing from his attorneys soon.

lawschool1741

Postby lawschool1741 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Gray wrote:
arose928 wrote:Every day the struggle is realer. I used to get annoyed just whenever I was asked to do a bs task (type up notes, schedule meetings) and now I get irrationally annoyed at being asked to do anything, ever, even if it's something important (write a press release, write a grant!). Already this job was just a placeholder while I figured life/grad school out and now I'm so over it and ready to be done. And my boss thinks he's going to squeeze all this extra grade A work out of me while I'm still here and I'm like, don't you get that I'm coasting? I'm sure a few months into the semester I'll be missing how easy I have it right now but ughhhh sitting through three more months of this feels interminable.

/rant

hahahahahahah every word of this applies to me.

+10000

Dipper

Postby Dipper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Four more days and 2 hours left.

Flokkness

Postby Flokkness » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:12 pm

/rant

Legit laughed my ass off. This sums it up perfectly.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:06 am

30 pages of two different historical research projects in 20 hours. Sure senioritus would have been not doing that work but I still need to graduate.

HokieHi307

Postby HokieHi307 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:20 am

I just found out some crazy gossip about some of my coworkers and I can't look at them the same now. I'm so uncomfortable. 3 more months at this sketch-ass office.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:23 am

HokieHi307 wrote:I just found out some crazy gossip about some of my coworkers and I can't look at them the same now. I'm so uncomfortable. 3 more months at this sketch-ass office.

Ask them if it's true. Last day there, tell them who told you.

HokieHi307

Postby HokieHi307 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:35 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
HokieHi307 wrote:I just found out some crazy gossip about some of my coworkers and I can't look at them the same now. I'm so uncomfortable. 3 more months at this sketch-ass office.

Ask them if it's true. Last day there, tell them who told you.

Oh yeah, I plan on confronting at least one of them pretty soon. I can't sit on this info, it's making me crazy. I have a feeling it's 100% true, too.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”