Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:09 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:I bought myself an espresso-based beverage in the hopes that it would convince me to do some work on this thing that is due very soon and all I did was get back on TLS immediately when I got back from the coffee shop :|


it was so cold/shitty out this morning that I got hot chocolate instead. I made sure to cover with my hand the side of the cup where they wrote "HC"

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Kinky John wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:I bought myself an espresso-based beverage in the hopes that it would convince me to do some work on this thing that is due very soon and all I did was get back on TLS immediately when I got back from the coffee shop :|


it was so cold/shitty out this morning that I got hot chocolate instead. I made sure to cover with my hand the side of the cup where they wrote "HC"

yeah what's up with this "June" weather. I call BULLSHIT.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Gray wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:I bought myself an espresso-based beverage in the hopes that it would convince me to do some work on this thing that is due very soon and all I did was get back on TLS immediately when I got back from the coffee shop :|


it was so cold/shitty out this morning that I got hot chocolate instead. I made sure to cover with my hand the side of the cup where they wrote "HC"

yeah what's up with this "June" weather. I call BULLSHIT.


probably just god punishing us for gay marriage and letting NSA programs expire

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2628
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:15 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Image

Best dean ever. Andy Cornblatt, step up your game.

ETA If we don't get Andy into a ladies uncle sam costume I don't know if I'll make it through 1L.
...and yes I realize he's only the dean of admissions but he's the only one who could pull it off.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2628
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:17 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Gray wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:[img]

Best dean ever. Andy Cornblatt, step up your game.


I would have no problem if they switched the mascot from a bulldog to a dalmatian

lololll

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby TasmanianToucan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:18 pm

Glad everyone's back! I've been angrily shitposting in the OTs and need a change of pace. I keep swinging by the lounge but everything there seems to turn political and I just don't have the energy.

buckiguy_sucks wrote:I would have no problem if they switched the mascot from a bulldog to a dalmatian

If GU got rid of Jack I would never donate another cent to that school.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:21 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:If GU got rid of Jack I would never donate another cent to that school.


you've donated money to the school? is this a tuition joke?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2628
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Kinky John wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:If GU got rid of Jack I would never donate another cent to that school.


you've donated money to the school? is this a tuition joke?

^^ also my reaction.

I'm not donating money to my UG until I have enough to make them to name a library after me (aka never)

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby TasmanianToucan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:28 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:yea but

And yeah, but
Image

Gray wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:If GU got rid of Jack I would never donate another cent to that school.


you've donated money to the school? is this a tuition joke?

^^ also my reaction.

I'm not donating money to my UG until I have enough to make them to name a library after me (aka never)

I get that, but GU isn't Harvard. The endowment isn't huge because the Jesuits historically sucked at fundraising, and I have lots of friends who wouldn't have gotten to go if it weren't for generous alums. I don't give much, but every little bit helps.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:30 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:I get that, but GU isn't Harvard. The endowment isn't huge because the Jesuits historically sucked at fundraising, and I have lots of friends who wouldn't have gotten to go if it weren't for generous alums. I don't give much, but every little bit helps.

aw that's actually really nice

Tuition at my undergrad is ~ 3,000 per year so I don't really feel bad.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3135
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:31 pm

I figure my school can have whatever's left when I'm dead.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2628
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Image

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 801
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby usn26 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Gray wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:If GU got rid of Jack I would never donate another cent to that school.


you've donated money to the school? is this a tuition joke?

^^ also my reaction.

I'm not donating money to my UG until I have enough to make them to name a library after me (aka never)


Yeah, the fundraisers can call back when I'm debt free, at least. :x

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Kinky John » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:I figure my school can have whatever's left when I'm dead.


How are they going to build a statue in your honor without your likeness

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:I figure my school can have whatever's left when I'm dead.

if you're to have no one to bequeath your money to when you die other than your school, TCR is to go into a stupid amount of debt.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:38 pm

I donate to programs
Ones I participated in or run by favorite professors
Just donations to the general fund I am more reluctant

Now put my name in a brick in a new building lobby that is an easier sell

User avatar
kray
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby kray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:38 pm

QMJS-ioritis is bad this week. It has come to the point where I am just not even doing the work that I actually have to do. Someone motivate me. I have real work to do today and every hour I say, "I'll start at 12/1/2" and have done ZERO THINGS ALL DAY.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:43 pm

I sent out my LOCI yesterday and forgot a school. That's how little I've thought about being on their WL. Be some weird karma if that's the only WL offer I get

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 801
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby usn26 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Gray wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:I figure my school can have whatever's left when I'm dead.

if you're to have no one to bequeath your money to when you die other than your school, TCR is to go into a stupid amount of debt.


Dear X College, my beloved alma mater,

In appreciation for all you have given me, I hereby bequeath all my remaining assets to your endowment. They include my LA mansion and Miami villa (and their accompanying underwater mortgages), my 2011 Lamborghini Murcielago (and the remaining 71 monthly payments), and my student loan balance. I trust that you will treasure these gifts, much as I treasured the education I received at X.

Sincerely,
Died-in-repayment

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3135
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Gray wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:I figure my school can have whatever's left when I'm dead.

if you're to have no one to bequeath your money to when you die other than your school, TCR is to go into a stupid amount of debt.

Working on it. Thanks, law school.

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RCSOB657 and 3 guests