Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 11:15 am

xylocarp wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Hey this is total BS my school's orientation starts 8/17 and classes start 8/19. That's barely enough to meet people, get plastered, and recover from the brutal hangover that will inevitably follow because I am no longer an undergrad.


you're going to UVA...do you guys even have real classes? I heard all you do is get plastered and play softball anyway...

There's a rumor that 1Ls also have to take a class this year though, so I am with Toucan in being MAD ABOUT THIS.


Welp, now that I know that, no reason for me to try to stay on the wait list...

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 28, 2015 11:16 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Hey this is total BS my school's orientation starts 8/17 and classes start 8/19. That's barely enough to meet people, get plastered, and recover from the brutal hangover that will inevitably follow because I am no longer an undergrad.


you're going to UVA...do you guys even have real classes? I heard all you do is get plastered and play softball anyway...

8) Let's hope that's all we do. I'm really not good for much else. If Xylo's right and we have to take a class, I'll just have to transfer to the business school.

Then again, you're going to Duke, which I've heard gives UVA a run for its money in douchebaggery.

Exhibit A: Image

Exhibit B: Image

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby xylocarp » Thu May 28, 2015 11:17 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 11:21 am

Well played. :D

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Thu May 28, 2015 11:28 am

Dentist -- have you gone and gotten your cleaning and checkup done?

KDgirl
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KDgirl » Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 pm

So, I read the postgradprobs. Ha! As I said earlier, I keep thinking of quitting sooner and sooner. I put my notice in that I'd be gone July 31st, but I just keep wanting to email back and say "Naw, I'ma be outta here in two weeks..lata betches!" :)

Seriously, we should do a poll: vote for keeping the small savings for a cushion in law school, or vote to spend the last bit on being a bum because you'll essentially be broke after the first year regardless of the cushion or not. :mrgreen:

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 12:19 pm

KDgirl wrote:
Seriously, we should do a poll: vote for keeping the small savings for a cushion in law school, or vote to spend the last bit on being a bum because you'll essentially be broke after the first year regardless of the cushion or not. :mrgreen:


Only if there is a "What savings" option

KDgirl
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KDgirl » Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
KDgirl wrote:
Seriously, we should do a poll: vote for keeping the small savings for a cushion in law school, or vote to spend the last bit on being a bum because you'll essentially be broke after the first year regardless of the cushion or not. :mrgreen:


Only if there is a "What savings" option



Haha touche

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu May 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby theramblingfool » Thu May 28, 2015 12:26 pm

KDgirl wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
KDgirl wrote:
Seriously, we should do a poll: vote for keeping the small savings for a cushion in law school, or vote to spend the last bit on being a bum because you'll essentially be broke after the first year regardless of the cushion or not. :mrgreen:


Only if there is a "What savings" option



Haha touche


+1

I'm barely going to have the "deposit plus first month's rent" minimum.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Thu May 28, 2015 12:28 pm

theramblingfool wrote:+1

I'm barely going to have the "deposit plus first month's rent" minimum.

I did not have that minimum and had to borrow $$$ from the bank of mom and dad

ETA:
The Bank of Mom and Dad
The interest is low but the shame is high.
Last edited by Gray on Thu May 28, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Thu May 28, 2015 12:28 pm

theramblingfool wrote:
KDgirl wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
KDgirl wrote:Seriously, we should do a poll: vote for keeping the small savings for a cushion in law school, or vote to spend the last bit on being a bum because you'll essentially be broke after the first year regardless of the cushion or not. :mrgreen:

Only if there is a "What savings" option

Haha touche

+1

I'm barely going to have the "deposit plus first month's rent" minimum.

I sure hope my new landlord takes credit cards

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu May 28, 2015 12:28 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:For those of you with savings, at what level of savings would you say "screw it" and start traveling? Like 5k? 10k? 20k?


I said screw it with 15k--planning to show up on day 1 of 1L with ~10k.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Hand wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
KDgirl wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
KDgirl wrote:Seriously, we should do a poll: vote for keeping the small savings for a cushion in law school, or vote to spend the last bit on being a bum because you'll essentially be broke after the first year regardless of the cushion or not. :mrgreen:

Only if there is a "What savings" option

Haha touche

+1

I'm barely going to have the "deposit plus first month's rent" minimum.

I sure hope my new landlord takes credit cards


hahaha one of my cards asked me yesterday if I would like to increase my credit limit, and I accepted (surely a very dangerous, potentially awful, decision) because I know that I may need it after I drop every cent I have on deposit/first month etc. if the landlord takes them, even better.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu May 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Being reminded of my poverty is really a bummer.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:Being reminded of my poverty is really a bummer.


PWing always cheers me up, personally

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu May 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Thu May 28, 2015 12:34 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:Being reminded of my poverty is really a bummer.

you're a bummer

BUT
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:Being reminded of my poverty is really a bummer.

PWing always cheers me up, personally

So, get on it.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Thu May 28, 2015 12:35 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:For those of you with savings, at what level of savings would you say "screw it" and start traveling? Like 5k? 10k? 20k?


I said screw it with 15k--planning to show up on day 1 of 1L with ~10k.


Thanks Cap'n. I'm 100% PI focused, so I'm trying to consider things like avoiding bar loans if I don't have a jerb at graduation, etc. I've set my last day and am largely deciding how much I want to travel in the weeks between work & school and how much I want to save.

Even if you have a job at graduation, it won't pay for your bar course & summer expenses unless it pays big law $$

KDgirl
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby KDgirl » Thu May 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Literally my savings is so tiny that it can feed me and pay for gas and insurance for two months, or I can have a tiny emergency fund in the event something drastic happens while in law school.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Thu May 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Gray wrote:The Bank of Mom and Dad
The interest is low but the shame is high.

And the shame only gets worse when you get older. Thankfully CC limits also go up with age (at least mine did).

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby storpappa » Thu May 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Took kids to the dentist then picked up some stuff for the koi pond. When does orientation start????

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Thu May 28, 2015 12:39 pm

storpappa wrote:Took kids to the dentist then picked up some stuff for the koi pond. When does orientation start????

not soon enough
not soon enough
not soon enough
not soon enough
not soon enough
not soon enough

44 workdays left

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby theramblingfool » Thu May 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:The Bank of Mom and Dad
The interest is low but the shame is high.

And the shame only gets worse when you get older. Thankfully CC limits also go up with age (at least mine did).


Must be nice. My mom is more likely to ask for a loan from me than actually be able to give me one.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests