Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Hand

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Hand » Thu May 28, 2015 9:39 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:No federal holidays in June. This is gonna be a long month. I need to schedule doctor appointments or something.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, a whole month without a 3 day weekend sounds absolutely intolerable

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 28, 2015 9:41 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 28, 2015 9:49 am

Hand wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:No federal holidays in June. This is gonna be a long month. I need to schedule doctor appointments or something.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, a whole month without a 3 day weekend sounds absolutely intolerable

Quebec has one in June but I'm using it to move...

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 10:00 am

There is entirely too much whining about not having three-day weekends ITT right now. This is the Quitting-my-job-soon-ioritis thread! ITT we work tirelessly on finding ways to do less work/skip work altogether. I suggest you all pick yourselves up by your bootstraps and find some solid excuses to miss an upcoming friday/monday or two!

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 28, 2015 10:07 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:There is entirely too much whining about not having three-day weekends ITT right now. This is the Quitting-my-job-soon-ioritis thread! ITT we work tirelessly on finding ways to do less work/skip work altogether. I suggest you all pick yourselves up by your bootstraps and find some solid excuses to miss an upcoming friday/monday or two!

List of reasons to miss Monday/Friday:
Funeral
Flu
GI Bug
"Family Emergency" (the less you say, the more tragic it must be)
Kidney Stones
Appendicitis
AIDS
Flesh-eating bacteria
Rehab for drug addiction

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 am

I made a calendar for the summer. The little pink tag is a sticky that I've been moving around (mostly up) as I go.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 28, 2015 10:19 am

IsThisForReal wrote:I made a calendar for the summer. The little pink tag is a sticky that I've been moving around (mostly up) as I go.

Stick with July 17. Then we can be last day buddies and taunt the suckers going to work the next week with double the potency.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 10:21 am

TasmanianToucan wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:I made a calendar for the summer. The little pink tag is a sticky that I've been moving around (mostly up) as I go.

Stick with July 17. Then we can be last day buddies and taunt the suckers going to work the next week with double the potency.

Or move it up again so you can taunt TT before you leave. Calendar seems like a good feels-productive-but-isn't-real-work activity for the morning, thanks for the idea!

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 28, 2015 10:22 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:

Or move it up again so you can taunt TT before you leave. Calendar seems like a good feels-productive-but-isn't-real-work activity for the morning, thanks for the idea!

I keep debating moving it down cus dr. bills and other stuffs.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 10:25 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:

I keep debating moving it down cus dr. bills and other stuffs.

Yeah, I can't really say anything. I talk a big QMJSioritis game, but I'm actually not leaving until early August, so I definitely understand. When you need the $$, you need the $$.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 28, 2015 10:27 am

Yeah I'm still debating whether to give myself one or two weeks before school starts. I feel like one should be enough because I assume orientation won't really be work...

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 28, 2015 10:29 am

Gray wrote:Yeah I'm still debating whether to give myself one or two weeks before school starts. I feel like one should be enough because I assume orientation won't really be work...

My school is doing 2 day orientation and then its a whole week before class starts. I feel like that's weird, but it builds in a week of nothing I guess.

ETA: Unless I made an R/C fail.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 28, 2015 10:30 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
Gray wrote:Yeah I'm still debating whether to give myself one or two weeks before school starts. I feel like one should be enough because I assume orientation won't really be work...

My school is doing 2 day orientation and then its a whole week before class starts. I feel like that's weird, but it builds in a week of nothing I guess.

IDK actually I haven't really looked at the details...

ETA "Mon., Aug. 24 - Fri., Aug. 28 Orientation for Full-Time First Year J.D. Students"

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 28, 2015 10:35 am

Gray wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:

ETA "Mon., Aug. 24 - Fri., Aug. 28 Orientation for Full-Time First Year J.D. Students"

Does class start the next monday?

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 28, 2015 10:36 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
Gray wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:

Does class start the next monday?

Yup!

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 28, 2015 10:37 am

New Student Orientation (mandatory for all incoming students) – August 14 -15, 2015
Classes begin – August 24, 2015

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu May 28, 2015 10:39 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 28, 2015 10:40 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Thu May 28, 2015 10:41 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:It looks like there will be service projects and things. Should be a fun/chill week.

?

Like what (too lazy to look)

Ice cream social

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu May 28, 2015 10:44 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 28, 2015 10:49 am

Hey this is total BS my school's orientation starts 8/17 and classes start 8/19. That's barely enough to meet people, get plastered, and recover from the brutal hangover that will inevitably follow because I am no longer an undergrad.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 28, 2015 10:52 am

Post removed.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 am

TasmanianToucan wrote:Hey this is total BS my school's orientation starts 8/17 and classes start 8/19. That's barely enough to meet people, get plastered, and recover from the brutal hangover that will inevitably follow because I am no longer an undergrad.

you're going to UVA...do you guys even have real classes? I heard all you do is get plastered and play softball anyway...

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu May 28, 2015 11:10 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Hey this is total BS my school's orientation starts 8/17 and classes start 8/19. That's barely enough to meet people, get plastered, and recover from the brutal hangover that will inevitably follow because I am no longer an undergrad.

you're going to UVA...do you guys even have real classes? I heard all you do is get plastered and play softball anyway...

There's a rumor that 1Ls also have to take a class this year though, so I am with Toucan in being MAD ABOUT THIS.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Thu May 28, 2015 11:15 am

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”