Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
wonka

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby wonka » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Gray wrote:^^ slip out casually without saying goodbye to anyone.

This is actually legit my plan. In fact I've been trying to figure how I can make this whole leaving thing as DL as possible. I have a lot of knickknacks at my desk and am arranging a schedule for them to slowly disappear, until one day I'm just gone too.

kanthandleit

Postby kanthandleit » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Skool wrote:Any noteworthy comments?

Do I ever.

"Have you seen The New One? She's going to fall flat on her ass in those shoes. I can't wait!"
"That One Over There" (My other name.)
"It's not my fault that I wasn't born with a computer on my lap. That One Over There thinks she knows it all. Did you know she thinks she's going to be a lawyer? Hah." (She complained to our chief that nobody teaches her how to use our new program. I kindly volunteered because she wouldn't STFU about it. I taught myself how to use it.)
"Her hair is too long. It's unprofessional and she's too old for it." (I'm in my 20's. :? My hair is right under my shoulder blades. :? )
"Mrs. Happy is just happy as always". (When filling in the other coworker on what he missed while being out on sick leave for a couple of days. I don't even...I don't even know.)

wonka

Postby wonka » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

kanthandleit wrote:

Do I ever.

"Have you seen The New One? She's going to fall flat on her ass in those shoes. I can't wait!"
"It's not my fault that I wasn't born with a computer on my lap. That One Over There thinks she knows it all. Did you know she thinks she's going to be a lawyer? Hah." (She complained to our chief that nobody teaches her how to use our new program. I kindly volunteered because she wouldn't STFU about it. I taught myself how to use it.)
"Her hair is too long. It's unprofessional and she's too old for it." (I'm in my 20's. :? My hair is right under my shoulder blades. :? )
"Mrs. Happy is just happy as always". (When filling in the other coworker on what he missed while being out on sick leave for a couple of days. I don't even...I don't even know.)

Oh, this is going to be so good.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:23 pm

mwonka wrote:
kanthandleit wrote:

Do I ever.

Oh, this is going to be so good.

I'm thoroughly impressed you haven't given yourself up already. I can't imagine myself not responding in any way. I'm pretty sure I'd either have cracked up at one of them (esp that last one...wtf?) or shot something snarky back at them. Do you just poker face it? No reaction?

How are you planning on telling them before you leave?

kanthandleit

Postby kanthandleit » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:32 pm

My coworker and I were discussing this today coincidentally, and we're both extremely impressed at how much I couldn't even care less. I'm very hotheaded and do irrational things all the time when I'm put off, but I can't seem to react to these two. Maybe it's a combo of not caring/feeling sorry for them. They're such clowns! I have never in my entire life let something like this go on for as long as it has (not even once). It's been 9 months.

When I hear them start to chat, I turn down my Pandora and pretend to be reading something really interesting and focus super intently on my screen/paperwork. I've even made them believe that I'm hard of hearing, they have to say my name multiple times before I pretend to be surprised that someone is shouting my name. I'm knee deep in this one, and it's great/bizarre.

I think at this point I'm going to say my final goodbyes to them in Spanish and tell them how much they helped me in making my decision to leave after less than a year of being here. It'll be curt and direct, but will leave a lasting sting. They both desperately want to retire from "this waste of time place" but are unable to.

*BTW, the coworker I chat with is a T14 attorney. They have reduced her down to "La Gordona", or, "the large fat woman". She's not fat.

Shirosham

Postby Shirosham » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:01 pm

It's Friday, but feels like a Thursday. Can't finish tasks in time to make billing so I'm coming in tomorrow.

Props to Kanthandleit. Long con seems worth it.

Dipper

Postby Dipper » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Shirosham wrote:Props to Kanthandleit. Long con seems worth it.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Dipper wrote:
Shirosham wrote:Props to Kanthandleit. Long con seems worth it.

kanthandleit

Postby kanthandleit » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks, yall.

Good weekend/Spring Break to everyone!

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:01 pm

kanthandleit wrote:My coworker and I were discussing this today coincidentally, and we're both extremely impressed at how much I couldn't even care less. I'm very hotheaded and do irrational things all the time when I'm put off, but I can't seem to react to these two. Maybe it's a combo of not caring/feeling sorry for them. They're such clowns! I have never in my entire life let something like this go on for as long as it has (not even once). It's been 9 months.

When I hear them start to chat, I turn down my Pandora and pretend to be reading something really interesting and focus super intently on my screen/paperwork. I've even made them believe that I'm hard of hearing, they have to say my name multiple times before I pretend to be surprised that someone is shouting my name. I'm knee deep in this one, and it's great/bizarre.

I think at this point I'm going to say my final goodbyes to them in Spanish and tell them how much they helped me in making my decision to leave after less than a year of being here. It'll be curt and direct, but will leave a lasting sting. They both desperately want to retire from "this waste of time place" but are unable to.

*BTW, the coworker I chat with is a T14 attorney. They have reduced her down to "La Gordona", or, "the large fat woman". She's not fat.

This is twice as awesome as anything I've thought of, and I spend most of my time at work planning how I'm gonna leave

mindthegap

Postby mindthegap » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:34 pm

WHY HAVE I ONLY FOUND THIS THREAD NOW. This is where I belong, srsly (and have belonged for about 6 months, truth be told).

A day in the life of a checked out employee:

9AM-whenever my boss comes in: Internet. Usually involves refreshing TLS/status checkers until I realize I'm 5 hours ahead of the east coast and no decisions are being made at 5AM. Sometimes I think about planning my wedding during this time but then I end up refreshing status checkers again.
(Someone usually makes tea at some point during this time span. Thanks, lovely British people.)
If boss is in early, then 12PM-1PM: Lunch.
If boss is in late, then 1PM-2PM: Lunch.
(More tea.)
2-3:30PM: Complete all of my assignments that I've been putting off.
3:30-4PM: Wait for the boss to sign off on my work. Receive a, "Great work today!" After 10 months, still not sure if British humor, or...
4-5PM: Check email for law school correspondence and prepare for escape.
5PM: Bye.

Will be handing in my notice soon as I have to give 4 weeks and I'm moving back to America for my wedding in May. Cannot. Wait.

Also, @KantHandleIt: Your story/plan is gold.

misskatejd

Postby misskatejd » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:00 pm

my day is something like this:

check work/personal email
facebook
TLS
status checkers
pinterest
amazon
random web surf
look at apartments i cant afford
actual work (scattered--maybe 1-2 hour(s) in total?)
restart from top
go home

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:28 am

kanthandleit wrote:Thanks, yall.

Good weekend/Spring Break to everyone!

Man...my Spring Break doesn't start until April 6. I graduate May 8th...

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:42 am

Oh goodness, kanthandleit that is amazing. There is no way I would've been able to stay silent for that long.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:52 am

Last edited by IsThisForReal on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am

IsThisForReal wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:My boss had to have emergency appendix removal last week, so he's out till Thursday and now everyone is realizing how bad of an employee he actually is. Now I'm scrambling to fix his issues and everytime someone asks me a question all I can really say is "idk, he never included me in that discussion." The guys hasn't even contacted me since he left, meanwhile he's emailing tons of other people in the office, so I'm getting everything secondhand.

Sorry that was a bit of a rant. But I'm so ready to be done with this job.

So now my boss's wife is having a baby and he won't be back for another 2 weeks. This'll be 4 weeks out total if he comes back when he says he's going to (which is unlikely). Have a client that I've been trying to get my boss to break some bad news to, now I'm gonna have to do it cus he won't stop calling. I'm so ready for August.

Good news: 1-week vacation and ASW trip starts next wednesday!

This guy sounds like a disaster.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:58 am

Catching up on Last Week Tonight. Afterward I may start reading. I got the new JC Oates novel over the weekend.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:33 am

I have a major case of quitting-my-job-soon-ioritis. My firm has its annual review period starting up, and I'm finding it impossible to give even 1% of a fuck. I need to write all these self-assessments and I'm not even half-assing it. I'm, like, 1%-assing it. I just can't make myself care, especially since the bonus would come after I quit anyway.

ChemEng1642

Postby ChemEng1642 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:59 am

This thread is greatttt

Been on TLS for 2 hours straight

Haven't had a full week in 2 months

8)

pylon

Postby pylon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:Haven't had a full week in 2 months

The dream.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:This thread is greatttt

8)

I have done approximately 5 minutes of actual work today. Most of my day has been the destinations thread.

gilessanderson

Postby gilessanderson » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Gray wrote:

8)

I have done approximately 5 minutes of actual work today. Most of my day has been the destinations thread.

you're doing god's work gray

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:26 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
gilessanderson wrote:
Gray wrote:

8)

you're doing god's work gray

^^this. You have a calling.

procrastination is in fact my calling, yes.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”