Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
RCSOB657

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Kinky John wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Chris Manifesto wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:Travel > dogs

Tell some travel stories then!

Okay another fun border crossing moment. My BFF in Toronto loves Paydays (the candy bars with the peanuts) but somehow they do not exist in Canada. So when visiting I'll usually pick him up a bunch in the airport on my way. On one such occasion, the customs lady (why are women always the hardcore ones?) asks if I'm bringing anything of value into the country. I respond, "haha not really, just a bag full of Paydays."

Except that she can't hear the capitalization and I'm referring to a candy bar that doesn't exist in her country, so she immediately gets very serious and starts shuffling around papers. "Bringing large amounts of currency into Canada is a serious matter, ma'am. I'm going to need you to fill out some paperwork."

I clarified. She was not amused.

Could've bribed her with this

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue May 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 19, 2015 2:45 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:My fiancee is leaning toward a goldendoodle. I cringe at the thought of having a "designer dog," but I've done some research and they seem like great animals.

Not to be a pure breed or AKC snob, because I am not.
They are just mutts
Lies and internet rumors of hypoallergenic mixing to sell mutts and higher than pure breed prices

Poodles are great dogs are get a bad image from frufru signs outside hair salons in the 1950's. If you need hypoallergenic then go for a proven breed from a serious breeder. You don't want to find an allergy coming between your new family member.

Lagotto Romagnolo
Portuguese Water Dog
Standard poodle
They are breeds that are medium size, very family friendly, obedient and highly trainable

Havanese is hypoallergenic and small
As for yapping my wife's Harper is a lap toy and is a lazy watch dog. She barks for strangers but ignored the mailman.

On a tangent, Please don't ever take away a dogs voice. It just seems cruel for vanity
Don't buy puppy mill puppies
Check into a rescue

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 19, 2015 2:46 pm

coffee crisp? or cadbury crunchies maybe?

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 19, 2015 2:46 pm

usn26 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:My BFF in Toronto loves Paydays (the candy bars with the peanuts) but somehow they do not exist in Canada..

That's weird; I somehow assumed Paydays would be a quintessentially Canadian candy.

Such are the ironies of life. Similarly my favorite Canadian snack item, all dressed chips, seem like they really should be more American. What is more American than dumping a bunch of salty shit on chips?

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 19, 2015 2:47 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
usn26 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:My BFF in Toronto loves Paydays (the candy bars with the peanuts) but somehow they do not exist in Canada..

That's weird; I somehow assumed Paydays would be a quintessentially Canadian candy.

Such are the ironies of life. Similarly my favorite Canadian snack item, all dressed chips, seem like they really should be more American. What is more American than dumping a bunch of salty shit on chips?

Nothing more Canadian than ketchup chips, I hear

usn26

Postby usn26 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:47 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
usn26 wrote:

Doing that and then covering it in chocolate? Then frying it?

Chris Manifesto

Postby Chris Manifesto » Tue May 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Sigh. May you all never experience the woes of having all thread pics blocked. I can only imagine the greatness of the things I miss out on.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 19, 2015 2:48 pm

usn26 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
usn26 wrote:

and having it come with a toy or prize in the package

tealeaves12

Postby tealeaves12 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:48 pm

tuxedocat wrote:

Canada sounds awesome.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:49 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
usn26 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
usn26 wrote:

and having it come with a toy or prize in the package

and then having your kid choke on it and suing the company

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Kinky John wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
usn26 wrote:

Nothing more Canadian than ketchup chips, I hear

Yeah so all dressed is a mix of ketchup, salt and vinegar, BBQ, and sour cream and onion. It's life changing.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Canadians don't choke on toys in candy
They get a mouse in their beer

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 19, 2015 2:56 pm

tuxedocat wrote:Yeah so all dressed is a mix of ketchup, salt and vinegar, BBQ, and sour cream and onion. It's life changing.

All dressed chips will obliterate your mouth if you eat an entire party sized bag while high. Or so I've heard.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Gray wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:Yeah so all dressed is a mix of ketchup, salt and vinegar, BBQ, and sour cream and onion. It's life changing.

All dressed chips will obliterate your mouth if you eat an entire party sized bag while high. Or so I've heard.

Is it weird that my reaction to this is "ugggghhh why am I not going to Georgetown"

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Tue May 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 19, 2015 3:02 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
Gray wrote:

Is it weird that my reaction to this is "ugggghhh why am I not going to Georgetown"

hehehehe <3

Though if it makes you guys feel better, the incident in question was more than 7 years ago and I am boring AF these days.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:05 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
Gray wrote:

It would be weirder if it wasn't.

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Tue May 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Have been thoroughly enjoying doing nothing for a while. Now, doing a one day gig from 5:30am to 8pm tomorrow. Yay for bills and not enough time (before LS) to start a real job. :(

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Wed May 20, 2015 7:26 am

Not enough random yacking to help this senior get to 1,000 posts for a badge upgrade. Hard to believe orientation is so close and yet there are still so any people on WL's this year

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed May 20, 2015 8:04 am

storpappa wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:My fiancee is leaning toward a goldendoodle. I cringe at the thought of having a "designer dog," but I've done some research and they seem like great animals.

Poodles are great dogs are get a bad image from frufru signs outside hair salons in the 1950's.

+1

Poodles are insanely smart and were bred to be gun dogs.

tortsandtiaras

Postby tortsandtiaras » Wed May 20, 2015 8:07 am

storpappa wrote:Not enough random yacking to help this senior get to 1,000 posts for a badge upgrade. Hard to believe orientation is so close and yet there are still so any people on WL's this year

Right? I don't understand the waitlist situation :( so many people are still out of the loop.

smile0751

Postby smile0751 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:09 am

So who knew planning how and when to tell your bosses that you are leaving could be so stressful. Trying to figure out who to tell first, where, when, and will they order me to immediately leave the premises or let me hang around for two/three weeks.

I'm such a coward when it comes to this stuff!!!

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed May 20, 2015 8:19 am

smile0751 wrote:So who knew planning how and when to tell your bosses that you are leaving could be so stressful. Trying to figure out who to tell first, where, when, and will they order me to immediately leave the premises or let me hang around for two/three weeks.

I'm such a coward when it comes to this stuff!!!

Tell your immediate supervisor and work your way up. The sooner the better if you have a good relationship with them.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”