Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
OhBoyOhBortles

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 19, 2015 2:05 pm

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Best dog if you have space Irish Wolfhound
If you have small space
Havanese -- bonus being hypoallergenic

Poldy

Postby Poldy » Tue May 19, 2015 2:09 pm

wonka wrote:Perfect little puppy.

Agreed! I love labs and definitely plan to get another one just as soon as I have a house with a yard and some time in the day to love it <3.

They're big though and need to run! Maybe not great for apartment/law school life?

Most of them are pretty lazy. Mine is great in an apartment so long as he gets out to run around/go for a walk/swim in the river every day. I'll have a yard next year when I start LS but he's been fine in an apartment since I got him.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Tue May 19, 2015 2:16 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Tas, please do yourself and your puppy a favor by getting settled first.

Don't worry; the dog will be a member of the family and its needs are important. When I say "as soon as we move" I mean "as soon as we move and get settled in." Realistically that might mean waiting until winter break when I know what law school is like and how I can work puppy care into our schedule. We found a place with a dog in mind, yard and all.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:18 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Tas, please do yourself and your puppy a favor by getting settled first.

Don't worry; the dog will be a member of the family and its needs are important. When I say "as soon as we move" I mean "as soon as we move and get settled in." Realistically that might mean waiting until winter break when I know what law school is like and how I can work puppy care into our schedule. We found a place with a dog in mind, yard and all.

Good person.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm

tuxedocat wrote:I've had some good times with border control over the years. I dated a guy in Ottawa for a while so I was flying into Canada pretty much every weekend, largely with no issues. When we broke up, I decided to go ahead that weekend with the flight I'd booked to Toronto anyway. Of course, THAT was the time that a very serious lady decided to interrogate me about the frequency of my border crossings.
Her: why do you spend so many weekends here?
Me: I've been dating a Canadian.
Her: Doesn't he ever visit you?
Me: He works for the government, it's easier for me to travel.
Her: Well are you seeing him this weekend?
Me: No.
Her: Why? Did he cancel on you?
Me: WE BROKE UP YESTERDAY OKAY?? *bursts into tears*
Her: Then why are you here?
Me: So I can drink and play board games with my friends. Can I please go do that now?? *tears*
Her: *look of horror, waves me through*

Aww, tux.

But now you know how to book it past customs. :lol:

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm

RancidSumo wrote:
wonka wrote:Perfect little puppy.

Agreed! I love labs and definitely plan to get another one just as soon as I have a house with a yard and some time in the day to love it <3.

They're big though and need to run! Maybe not great for apartment/law school life?

Most of them are pretty lazy. Mine is great in an apartment so long as he gets out to run around/go for a walk/swim in the river every day. I'll have a yard next year when I start LS but he's been fine in an apartment since I got him.

I love labs. I tried seeing how long I could get my aunt's lab to play fetch and I tired long before he did.

Irish wolfhounds are awesome, but would weigh significantly more than my fiancee, which she is not ok with.

Have to look into the Havanese and the Boston terrier.

My fiancee is leaning toward a goldendoodle. I cringe at the thought of having a "designer dog," but I've done some research and they seem like great animals.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Tue May 19, 2015 2:22 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 19, 2015 2:24 pm

usn26 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:I've had some good times with border control over the years. I dated a guy in Ottawa for a while so I was flying into Canada pretty much every weekend, largely with no issues. When we broke up, I decided to go ahead that weekend with the flight I'd booked to Toronto anyway. Of course, THAT was the time that a very serious lady decided to interrogate me about the frequency of my border crossings. [...]

Aww, tux.

Crying saves the day again! Of course it was the following week that I finally got my NEXUS card that lets me get through without talking to people.

And thank you for resurrecting the border crossing discussion. Travel > dogs

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 19, 2015 2:25 pm

tuxedocat wrote:Travel > dogs

Chris Manifesto

Postby Chris Manifesto » Tue May 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Kinky John wrote:

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Chris Manifesto wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

Tell some travel stories then!

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Chris Manifesto wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

Ah I love travel but I also love dogs. This is not easy.

I think it depends on the breed.

Travel = German Shepherd
Travel >>>> chihuahua

Sorry, small dog lovers. Your tiny furballs do nothing for me.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:29 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
usn26 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:I've had some good times with border control over the years. I dated a guy in Ottawa for a while so I was flying into Canada pretty much every weekend, largely with no issues. When we broke up, I decided to go ahead that weekend with the flight I'd booked to Toronto anyway. Of course, THAT was the time that a very serious lady decided to interrogate me about the frequency of my border crossings. [...]

Aww, tux.

Crying saves the day again! Of course it was the following week that I finally got my NEXUS card that lets me get through without talking to people.

And thank you for resurrecting the border crossing discussion. Travel > dogs

And I thought my timing was perpetually terrible…

I'm pretty sure I agree, but the furthest afield I've ever gotten is the Canadian side of Niagara falls. :(

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Tue May 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Gray wrote:
Chris Manifesto wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

Ah I love travel but I also love dogs. This is not easy.

I think it depends on the breed.

Travel = German Shepherd
Travel >>>> chihuahua

Sorry, small dog lovers. Your tiny furballs do nothing for me.

We should all be able to agree that traveling with dogs is worse than either one.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue May 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:38 pm

For the record I'm procrastinating before getting ready for work, so I'm totally on topic and protected.

TasmanianToucan wrote:
My fiancee is leaning toward a goldendoodle. I cringe at the thought of having a "designer dog," but I've done some research and they seem like great animals.

My first dog, Coco was a beagledor. My folks bought him while we were in the Netherlands. He was a good lap dog that howled and hunted like a beagle but did classic lab things as well. I guess like anything, it's hit or miss. I'd say get one from a shelter, but that would say other pups aren't worth it which is wrong. He was a manwhore and died relatively young (10ish) after digging out of the fence for the last time around 2001. I found him dead at the foot of our drive way with no apparent external injuries so I still have no idea what happened to him. He is also buried out back near his wife Sassie (the terrier below with my dad) and now also near Doja.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue May 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Tue May 19, 2015 2:39 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Chris Manifesto wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

Okay another fun border crossing moment. My BFF in Toronto loves Paydays (the candy bars with the peanuts) but somehow they do not exist in Canada. So when visiting I'll usually pick him up a bunch in the airport on my way. On one such occasion, the customs lady (why are women always the hardcore ones?) asks if I'm bringing anything of value into the country. I respond, "haha not really, just a bag full of Paydays."

Except that she can't hear the capitalization and I'm referring to a candy bar that doesn't exist in her country, so she immediately gets very serious and starts shuffling around papers. "Bringing large amounts of currency into Canada is a serious matter, ma'am. I'm going to need you to fill out some paperwork."

I clarified. She was not amused.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue May 19, 2015 2:41 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Chris Manifesto wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

Okay another fun border crossing moment. My BFF in Toronto loves Paydays (the candy bars with the peanuts) but somehow they do not exist in Canada. So when visiting I'll usually pick him up a bunch in the airport on my way. On one such occasion, the customs lady (why are women always the hardcore ones?) asks if I'm bringing anything of value into the country. I respond, "haha not really, just a bag full of Paydays."

Except that she can't hear the capitalization and I'm referring to a candy bar that doesn't exist in her country, so she immediately gets very serious and starts shuffling around papers. "Bringing large amounts of currency into Canada is a serious matter, ma'am. I'm going to need you to fill out some paperwork."

Could've bribed her with this

Last edited by Kinky John on Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

I didn't have papers with me for Doja when I had her in the truck and was sent to Canada. So I had to detour home to drop her off, she didn't travel well anyhow so it was for the best.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Chris Manifesto wrote:
Kinky John wrote:

That is pretty excellent. Moar please. p.s. Did she ask to see them or just let you go on?

usn26

Postby usn26 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:43 pm

tuxedocat wrote:My BFF in Toronto loves Paydays (the candy bars with the peanuts) but somehow they do not exist in Canada..

That's weird; I somehow assumed Paydays would be a quintessentially Canadian candy.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”