Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
kanthandleit
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby kanthandleit » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:21 am

Gray wrote:I really like the people ITT.


Humble braggarts unite.

IsThisForReal wrote:
Today's Friday right? :wink:


My dear friend, it has been Friday every day for the past couple of weeks.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 am

kanthandleit wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
Today's Friday right? :wink:


My dear friend, it has been Friday every day for the past couple of weeks.

Gray wrote:I really like the people ITT.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:32 am

Rue-La-La has an entire boutique of my kryptonite up right now. Work-approp dresses. Gosh I want to buy it all. Going to go to lunch and then maybe I'll buy what's left in my cart when I get back.

User avatar
kanthandleit
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby kanthandleit » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 am

IsThisForReal wrote:Rue-La-La has an entire boutique of my kryptonite up right now. Work-approp dresses. Gosh I want to buy it all. Going to go to lunch and then maybe I'll buy what's left in my cart when I get back.


I thank the heavens above every day I never got into dresses because I can see that becoming a steep downhill for me. Also grateful for the strength to abandon shopping carts like nobody's business.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 am

kanthandleit wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Rue-La-La has an entire boutique of my kryptonite up right now. Work-approp dresses. Gosh I want to buy it all. Going to go to lunch and then maybe I'll buy what's left in my cart when I get back.


I thank the heavens above every day I never got into dresses because I can see that becoming a steep downhill for me. Also grateful for the strength to abandon shopping carts like nobody's business.

+1

I hate stores that send you emails about the shit you decided not to buy.
Image

Fuck off. no.

User avatar
Dipper
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Dipper » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Gray wrote:
kanthandleit wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:Rue-La-La has an entire boutique of my kryptonite up right now. Work-approp dresses. Gosh I want to buy it all. Going to go to lunch and then maybe I'll buy what's left in my cart when I get back.


I thank the heavens above every day I never got into dresses because I can see that becoming a steep downhill for me. Also grateful for the strength to abandon shopping carts like nobody's business.

+1

I hate stores that send you emails about the shit you decided not to buy.
Image

Fuck off. no.


+1. I also hate when the things you've browsed pop up as adds on other pages.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:27 pm

.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Octavius
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Octavius » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:14 pm

I've had two exams this week...it's been 50+ degrees here the last few days and all the snow is melting. Motivation is at an all-time low.

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby wonka » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:36 pm

just checking in here because this thread speaks to me on so many levels. i've started eating my lunch in shifts because it makes me look busier. yesterday i wrote 6 sentences all day and i think 4 of them were on TLS.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 pm

mwonka wrote:just checking in here because this thread speaks to me on so many levels. i've started eating my lunch in shifts because it makes me look busier. yesterday i wrote 6 sentences all day and i think 4 of them were on TLS.

welcome. you have found your people.

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby wonka » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Re. online shopping: I justify it by picking things I "need for law school."

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/SelkBag-Synthetic ... B005TQIEJ4. If I settle on Michigan, I'll totally need this.

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby wonka » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Gray wrote:
mwonka wrote:just checking in here because this thread speaks to me on so many levels. i've started eating my lunch in shifts because it makes me look busier. yesterday i wrote 6 sentences all day and i think 4 of them were on TLS.

welcome. you have found your people.


Thank you, thank you, happy to be here!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:42 pm

mwonka wrote:Re. online shopping: I justify it by picking things I "need for law school."

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/SelkBag-Synthetic ... B005TQIEJ4. If I settle on Michigan, I'll totally need this.

I think I need just start wearing that to work and I'll use it to nap under my desk.

User avatar
CaptainJapan
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:45 pm

mwonka wrote:Re. online shopping: I justify it by picking things I "need for law school."

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/SelkBag-Synthetic ... B005TQIEJ4. If I settle on Michigan, I'll totally need this.



it's glorious

User avatar
pylon
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby pylon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Gray wrote:
mwonka wrote:Re. online shopping: I justify it by picking things I "need for law school."

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/SelkBag-Synthetic ... B005TQIEJ4. If I settle on Michigan, I'll totally need this.

I think I need just start wearing that to work and I'll use it to nap under my desk.

How come I've never seen this before? This is. AMAZING.

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby wonka » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Gray wrote:
mwonka wrote:Re. online shopping: I justify it by picking things I "need for law school."

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/SelkBag-Synthetic ... B005TQIEJ4. If I settle on Michigan, I'll totally need this.

I think I need just start wearing that to work and I'll use it to nap under my desk.


That sounds like a pretty solid plan. I wonder if you can get it in camo.

Also let me know how it fits. I'm only 5'1", gotta see if I should be contacting a tailor.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 pm

I've started generating business ideas for purposes of getting my residency reclassified.
So far I have:
Car Wash
Beverage Barn
Gas Station
Coin Operated Laundromat
Bakery
Catering
Stationary
Specialty Dog Collars
Artwork and Assorted Gifts

User avatar
wonka
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby wonka » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:58 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:I've started generating business ideas for purposes of getting my residency reclassified.
So far I have:
Car Wash
Beverage Barn
Gas Station
Coin Operated Laundromat
Bakery
Catering
Stationary
Specialty Dog Collars
Artwork and Assorted Gifts


Beverage barn ftw - add delivery by segway?

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:27 pm

mwonka wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:I've started generating business ideas for purposes of getting my residency reclassified.
So far I have:
Car Wash
Beverage Barn
Gas Station
Coin Operated Laundromat
Bakery
Catering
Stationary
Specialty Dog Collars
Artwork and Assorted Gifts


Beverage barn ftw - add delivery by segway?

Oooh. That's good. Like the jimmy johns of convenience stores.

User avatar
curlietop86
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby curlietop86 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:29 pm

.
Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:30 pm

curlietop86 wrote:why is it only 3:30 ET?

this

User avatar
AOT
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby AOT » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:35 pm

So both the other people on my team are about to go on maternity/paternity leave. Just found out today.


Feel like now is a pretty awful time to quit =/

OTOH off work early today for baby celebration drinks whoo

User avatar
kanthandleit
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby kanthandleit » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Omg that sleeping bag, hahaha.

Guys...I find myself researching some pretty ridiculous things.

"Best backpack for law school"
"Best backpack for law school not rolling"
"What do you wear to law school"
"Best budget calculator law school"
"Should I go to law school"
"Making friends law school"

Best part? My SO is a 2L, so I know the answers to all of these but they're just not good enough.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:51 pm

10 minutes until my weekend starts. Suck it losers.


But it starts with a 5 hour drive...

iguazu
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby iguazu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Each day is getting harder and harder.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest