Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
CaptainJapan

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:03 pm

usn26 wrote:Time to develop a running injury. They are legion (at least for me) and you have to look far to find an orthopedist/physical therapist/chiropractor who wants to do a crapton of work on you.

This is the one time in my life I feel blessed to have Crohne's...nobody is going to question those symptoms

ETA: *Crohn's

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

liberalartslawyer

Postby liberalartslawyer » Thu May 14, 2015 3:21 pm

maybe get yourself a pair of these for full effect Image

PrizeFighter

Postby PrizeFighter » Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
mwonka wrote:
PrizeFighter wrote:Been spending more and more time lurking, so I guess I might as well just check in.

Quitting my job at as a clerk with a DA's office, so I'm in the awkward position of caring less and less but still trying to leave a good enough impression that I can get hired back one day. On that note, how many times can I be "out sick" or have a "doctor appointment" between now and August without looking like a total flake? Those 65 hours of sick time ain't gonna use themselves.

You need a chronic illness that requires a lot of rest and medical attention.

So as you can see by this totally legit doctor's note, bossman, my TLSitis requires exactly 65 hours of rest between now and me leaving. Funny it worked out that way huh?

I like the way y'all think. A quick google search of "best fake chronic illness" turns up fibromyalgia. Too obvious?

PrizeFighter

Postby PrizeFighter » Thu May 14, 2015 3:53 pm

usn26 wrote:Time to develop a running injury. They are legion (at least for me) and you have to look far to find an orthopedist/physical therapist/chiropractor who wants to do a crapton of work on you.

It's openly known that I hate to run, but if I keep getting injured in my jiu jitsu classes.....

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:56 pm

PrizeFighter wrote:I like the way y'all think. A quick google search of "best fake chronic illness" turns up fibromyalgia. Too obvious?

I don't think there's a better chronic ailment than the migraine. No visible symptoms, debilitating, unpredictable, last long enough to put you out of commission for an afternoon...it's really the perfect bullshit sickness.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Thu May 14, 2015 3:58 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 14, 2015 4:00 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
PrizeFighter wrote:I like the way y'all think. A quick google search of "best fake chronic illness" turns up fibromyalgia. Too obvious?

I don't think there's a better chronic ailment than the migraine. No visible symptoms, debilitating, unpredictable, last long enough to put you out of commission for an afternoon...it's really the perfect bullshit sickness.

Yeah as someone who has migraines - it really is impossible to work (or do anything at all) when you have one, but 2 hours later you're perfectly fine. I've definitely had to miss work for migraines, but I also sometimes just miss work for "migraines."

PrizeFighter

Postby PrizeFighter » Thu May 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Gray wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:

Yeah as someone who has migraines - it really is impossible to work (or do anything at all) when you have one, but 2 hours later you're perfectly fine. I've definitely had to miss work for migraines, but I also sometimes just miss work for "migraines."

Seeing as I've used this many times throughout the years, I'm not sure how I missed it. This conversation has already been more productive than I've been all week.

cal2013

Postby cal2013 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:16 pm

I wore slippers to work today. It's all downhill from here.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Doc says I need to get my wisdom teeth out. Hello 2 days of sick leave.

I wish I could just have fake illnesses instead of all this real shit.

PrizeFighter

Postby PrizeFighter » Thu May 14, 2015 4:22 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:Doc says I need to get my wisdom teeth out. Hello 2 days of sick leave.

If you get this done on a Tuesday or Wednesday, you might be able to milk it for the rest of the week.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:26 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:Doc says I need to get my wisdom teeth out. Hello 2 days of sick leave.

But ice cream…

True story: the day my wisdom teeth were scheduled to be taken out my hometown was hit by a Category 5 hurricane. All the ice cream in my fridge melted when we lost power, and I was very sad. There was also the destruction of our home and all that. Hard to say where one ended and the other began.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 14, 2015 4:27 pm

usn26 wrote:

But ice cream…

True story: the day my wisdom teeth were scheduled to be taken out my hometown was hit by a Category 5 hurricane. All the ice cream in my fridge melted when we lost power, and I was very sad. There was also the destruction of our home and all that. Hard to say where one ended and the other began.

"we can't find the dog!!!"
"MOM THAT DOESN'T MATTER NOW, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ROCKY ROAD?!?!?!"

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Gray wrote:
usn26 wrote:

But ice cream…

"we can't find the dog!!!"
"MOM THAT DOESN'T MATTER NOW, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ROCKY ROAD?!?!?!"

VERBATIM. :shock: Were you lurking Gray?

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Thu May 14, 2015 4:29 pm

A lot of infamous dental procedures aren't all that painful. I needed a root canal after getting a bad filling - didn't feel a thing. Had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted over the course of 3-4 weeks (no oral surgeon), and that wasn't painful either. Have your dentist prescribe you vicodin though in case you need it.

Edit: And my go to fake illness is IBS, fwiw
Last edited by Kinky John on Thu May 14, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 14, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm always lurking.

Lurking and shitpoasting.

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Kinky John wrote:Have your dentist prescribe you vicodin though in case you need it.

But especially in case you don't need it

ChemEng1642

Postby ChemEng1642 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm

I have literally done nothing today. I've even run out of things I can do for my personal life at work

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Thu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Hand wrote:
Kinky John wrote:Have your dentist prescribe you vicodin though in case you need it.

But especially in case you don't need it

That shit is cash

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Kinky John wrote:Edit: And my go to fake illness is IBS, fwiw

+1. Best to pick something that discourages followup questions.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 14, 2015 4:37 pm

PrizeFighter wrote:

If you get this done on a Tuesday or Wednesday, you might be able to milk it for the rest of the week.

I don't think I have that much leave. Especially with all the other appts I need to keep up.

I've done this once. Got the bottoms taken out ~2 yrs ago. All impacted, he's gonna have to do legit surgery. And the last time I came out with a mild dry socket that lasted 6 months. Not looking forward to this.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Thu May 14, 2015 4:38 pm

usn26 wrote:

"So...are we talking type 6 or type 7 stool?"

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Kinky John wrote:
usn26 wrote:

"So...are we talking type 6 or type 7 stool?"

"Are you familiar with type 23? That's when it comes out shaped like a religious figure."

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 14, 2015 4:48 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
PrizeFighter wrote:

I don't think I have that much leave. Especially with all the other appts I need to keep up.

I've done this once. Got the bottoms taken out ~2 yrs ago. All impacted, he's gonna have to do legit surgery. And the last time I came out with a mild dry socket that lasted 6 months. Not looking forward to this.

I had the same issues. Dry socket only lasted about 6 weeks for me though. 6 months sounds positively miserable. I hope it goes better for you this time!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”