Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
curlietop86

Re: Senioritis / Quitting-my-job-soon-iorits

Postby curlietop86 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 am

Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

tortsandtiaras

Postby tortsandtiaras » Thu May 14, 2015 10:12 am

curlietop86 wrote:LASIK was pretty much the best decision i ever made, but i couldn't do contacts at all anymore, so it was LASIK or glasses. go to a doctor you trust (i got estimates from 3 doctors and went to the one who did my dad's LASIK) and get excited to read the clock across the room as soon as you wake up!

Do you mind sharing how much you paid? Also blind as a bat...

liberalartslawyer

Postby liberalartslawyer » Thu May 14, 2015 10:37 am

Chiming in on lasik -

My mom had it done when I was 7 (she was pretty much blind without glasses) and it worked out okay for her. She ended up buying a pair of glasses to drive at night as she still had trouble seeing in the dark, but it's not like her eyes fell out.

Although I imagine the technology has advanced a bit since 1997.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 14, 2015 10:39 am

Smarter Every Day did a video when he got lasik done. It's kinda interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv8Ee3YlgMU

tealeaves12

Postby tealeaves12 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:41 am

has anyone gotten lasik in here that had astigmatism and around +6 ish prescription? I haven't asked in a while, but in the past I was told by eye doctors that I wasn't a candidate for lasik. wondering if technology has improved in the past 6 or 7 years. plannin on asking a dr of course but just wanted to feel it out.

also - what about cornea transplant option - don't some people with terrible vision do this instead of lasik? anyone on here try that?

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 14, 2015 11:14 am

Thursday mornings really are the worst. It's like the weekend is so close but NOT REALLY you still have 2 miserable work days to get through.

CaptainJapan

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu May 14, 2015 11:21 am

Gray wrote:Thursday mornings really are the worst. It's like the weekend is so close but NOT REALLY you still have 2 miserable work days to get through.

I feel ya Gray. Had a "doctor's appointment" this morning so I'm just rolling into the office now. Little do they know my backpack is stuffed full of dress shirts from a sample sale...muhaha

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 14, 2015 11:22 am

Gray wrote:Thursday mornings really are the worst. It's like the weekend is so close but NOT REALLY you still have 2 miserable work days to get through.

Thursdays aren't so bad. Fridays barely count as workdays in my office, so Thursday is pretty much like Friday. haha I also came in late though. Seems like Captain enjoyed the morning more though!

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 14, 2015 11:29 am

Yeah don't get me wrong - I'm not actually doing WORK (god forbid). It's just the fact that I'm stuck here is making me resentful.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu May 14, 2015 11:35 am

Fiancee's out of town for 5 days. Obviously I'll be bathing in scotch, but I also need a new XB1 video game. My faves are BF4, BF Hardline, NFL 15, NBA 2k15 and FIFA. I'm really looking for something good, but I'm not really interested in the higher-rated stuff out there like Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4 and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. But maybe I should be.

Suggestions?

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Thu May 14, 2015 11:39 am

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Fiancee's out of town for 5 days. Obviously I'll be bathing in scotch, but I also need a new XB1 video game. My faves are BF4, BF Hardline, NFL 15, NBA 2k15 and FIFA. I'm really looking for something good, but I'm not really interested in the higher-rated stuff out there like Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4 and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. But maybe I should be.

Suggestions?

Gta V.

Also, pc master race

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Thu May 14, 2015 1:21 pm

liberalartslawyer wrote:Chiming in on lasik -

My mom had it done when I was 7 (she was pretty much blind without glasses) and it worked out okay for her. She ended up buying a pair of glasses to drive at night as she still had trouble seeing in the dark, but it's not like her eyes fell out.

Has Lasik contacted you yet about getting the rights to quote this in an ad? "LASIK: it's not like your eyes fall out!"

curlietop86

Postby curlietop86 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Last edited by curlietop86 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

liberalartslawyer

Postby liberalartslawyer » Thu May 14, 2015 1:44 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
liberalartslawyer wrote:Chiming in on lasik -

Has Lasik contacted you yet about getting the rights to quote this in an ad? "LASIK: it's not like your eyes fall out!"

Hmmm... They haven't yet - maybe I should call their corporate headquarters and throw them this pitch.

I will be needing some $$$ since I leave my job in 10 BUSINESS DAYS!!!!!

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Thu May 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 14, 2015 2:01 pm

Gray wrote:Yeah don't get me wrong - I'm not actually doing WORK (god forbid). It's just the fact that I'm stuck here is making me resentful.

Are you at the point yet where when you have to do the occasional absolutely essential task you feel you should be paid extra?

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 14, 2015 2:15 pm

TasmanianToucan wrote:
Gray wrote:Yeah don't get me wrong - I'm not actually doing WORK (god forbid). It's just the fact that I'm stuck here is making me resentful.

Are you at the point yet where when you have to do the occasional absolutely essential task you feel you should be paid extra?

yeah I reached that point in February

PrizeFighter

Postby PrizeFighter » Thu May 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Been spending more and more time lurking, so I guess I might as well just check in.

Quitting my job at as a clerk with a DA's office, so I'm in the awkward position of caring less and less but still trying to leave a good enough impression that I can get hired back one day. On that note, how many times can I be "out sick" or have a "doctor appointment" between now and August without looking like a total flake? Those 65 hours of sick time ain't gonna use themselves.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Thu May 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Post removed.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

tuxedocat

Postby tuxedocat » Thu May 14, 2015 2:58 pm

mwonka wrote:
PrizeFighter wrote:Been spending more and more time lurking, so I guess I might as well just check in.

Quitting my job at as a clerk with a DA's office, so I'm in the awkward position of caring less and less but still trying to leave a good enough impression that I can get hired back one day. On that note, how many times can I be "out sick" or have a "doctor appointment" between now and August without looking like a total flake? Those 65 hours of sick time ain't gonna use themselves.

You need a chronic illness that requires a lot of rest and medical attention. Ideally something no one will want to talk about - I recommend recurring kidney stones.

Count Choculitis, hot dog fingers, government created nanorobot infection...the possibilities are endless.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:00 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
mwonka wrote:
PrizeFighter wrote:Been spending more and more time lurking, so I guess I might as well just check in.

You need a chronic illness that requires a lot of rest and medical attention.

So as you can see by this totally legit doctor's note, bossman, my TLSitis requires exactly 65 hours of rest between now and me leaving. Funny it worked out that way huh?

Oooooh TLSitis is a serious condition... Not sure the sick time will cut it. Better make it short-term disability.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

I have something at least once a week. And have started taking the whole day. But I also have legitimate stuff.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Post removed.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Time to develop a running injury. They are legion (at least for me) and you have to look far to find an orthopedist/physical therapist/chiropractor who wants to do a crapton of work on you.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”